watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Meulensteen waits in the wings

Started by Ged, September 28, 2013, 11:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ged

Fulham boss Martin Jol faces the sack this week as Meulensteen waits in the wings
Former Alex Ferguson assistant at Manchester United could replace his fellow Dutchman after initially being lined up to work FOR him

Martin Jol is on the brink of the sack at Fulham after his ageing side were condemned to defeat by yet another late goal, writes Dave Kidd in the Sunday People.

Jordon Mutch's injury-time strike for Cardiff in Saturday's 2-1 victory was the fourth time Jol's side have conceded a crucial goal at the death – and will play into the hands of those club insiders who are keen to pull the plug on the Dutchman.

Jol has been left with precious few friends on the board, the playing staff or in the Cottagers' Academy – who feel he has neglected promising youth players – and could be axed this week.

Rene Meulensteen, sounded out to join Jol's backroom staff, is now the front-runner to replace his countryman.

Meulensteen was Sir Alex Ferguson's right-hand man at Manchester United.

Jol has had a strained relationship with chief executive Alastair Mackintosh over the past year, new owner Shad Khan is reviewing transfer dealings and many senior players believe he has made the team too reliant on Dimitar Berbatov.

Jol said: "I keep calm but I hate it when people get nervous and worried and asking a manager to quit. I expect us to do better, I take responsibility."

MJG

More press talking about academy issues. This meeting that's talked about must have happened.
Jols time is up. Waiting for international break or maybe to see who Sunderland go for?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Pluto

We'd be better off playing Meulensteen on the wing than some of our current squad!

ScalleysDad

I'd suggest that if things have progressed as rumoured with Rene Meulensteen he is a far better option for us than any on the Sunderland wish list. Motspur Park is where our season will be saved.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Pluto on September 28, 2013, 11:29:31 PM
We'd be better off playing Meulensteen on the wing than some of our current squad!

:005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EJL

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 28, 2013, 11:43:13 PM
Quote from: Pluto on September 28, 2013, 11:29:31 PM

:005:
You have permission to break your promise about criticising Jol. I need cheering up.

Lighthouse

Jols interview in full -

Well the rule changes have done us no favours. We now need to find the ball and use it and then make it go to the other end of the pitch. This doesn't really help us. We were fine when we could score by hitting the ball sideways and giving the ball away but now we really don't have the players to take the ball or pass it.

Interviewer -  What went wrong today?

Well Berbatov was superb I thought. I have a real love for the way he puts on his clown make up and juggles the ball and stands beyond the team we are playing. Another rule change that hasn't helped us. They call it offside now which doesn't help our game. But Berbatov is wonderful to watch. Fulham fans should go on their knees and thank me for bringing in such a wonderful player. He makes us all laugh when he stops running for a pass and makes it look bad and then moans. Gives us all a giggle.

Interviewer - Yes but what went wrong?

Well we were unlucky today and last week and the week before. I keep taking our only forward off with five seconds to go and my players think they can go home. But they can't. Besides we have been unlucky with injury problems. What with the keeper hurting himselg picking up the ball from the net and hurting his arm and back and leg. Then we were unlucky because we bought a very good centre half but realised our very good centre half we already have would have to play on the other side of the pitch. That confused us all.

Interviewer -  But what about tactics?

Sorry?

Interviewer - Tactics?

Bugger is that another rule change. I just come in and make the tea. I let the lads run free on a morning and walk with my hands behind my back looking at the ground. If they want a proper manager they should have told me. Did you know I have a brother with an amusing name? What more does a small club like Fulham want. By the way, we had more points than Swansea once.

Interviewer - Thanks for that last interview as the Fulham manager.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Robbie

Why would he be any good .....deputy manager and no doubt another rude dutchman

Berbasilk_111

Shteeeve mcclaren for me easy choice, plays good football, tactically sound

God The Mechanic

EJL

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 29, 2013, 12:05:09 AM
Jols interview in full -

Well the rule changes have done us no favours. We now need to find the ball and use it and then make it go to the other end of the pitch. This doesn't really help us. We were fine when we could score by hitting the ball sideways and giving the ball away but now we really don't have the players to take the ball or pass it.

Interviewer -  What went wrong today?

Well Berbatov was superb I thought. I have a real love for the way he puts on his clown make up and juggles the ball and stands beyond the team we are playing. Another rule change that hasn't helped us. They call it offside now which doesn't help our game. But Berbatov is wonderful to watch. Fulham fans should go on their knees and thank me for bringing in such a wonderful player. He makes us all laugh when he stops running for a pass and makes it look bad and then moans. Gives us all a giggle.

Interviewer - Yes but what went wrong?

Well we were unlucky today and last week and the week before. I keep taking our only forward off with five seconds to go and my players think they can go home. But they can't. Besides we have been unlucky with injury problems. What with the keeper hurting himselg picking up the ball from the net and hurting his arm and back and leg. Then we were unlucky because we bought a very good centre half but realised our very good centre half we already have would have to play on the other side of the pitch. That confused us all.

Interviewer -  But what about tactics?

Sorry?

Interviewer - Tactics?

Bugger is that another rule change. I just come in and make the tea. I let the lads run free on a morning and walk with my hands behind my back looking at the ground. If they want a proper manager they should have told me. Did you know I have a brother with an amusing name? What more does a small club like Fulham want. By the way, we had more points than Swansea once.

Interviewer - Thanks for that last interview as the Fulham manager.
This should be the first chapter of Jol's autobiography, "The Burden of Sexy Football".

Ged

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on September 29, 2013, 01:07:35 AM
Englands wost Manager for many years and Sacked from Twente for " unattractive and defensive football"

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Ged on September 29, 2013, 08:41:41 AM
Englands wost Manager for many years and Sacked from Twente for " unattractive and defensive football"

He also won the league for Twente...

Ged

Quote from: God The Mechanic on September 30, 2013, 01:31:25 PM
Quote from: Ged on September 29, 2013, 08:41:41 AM

He also won the league for Twente...
yes 1 point above Martins Jols Ajax