Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

The Copa Mundial boot in white. WHITE!!
The one boot I thought was sacred!!

A classic well and truly tainted.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/mobile/products/65297.aspx

A sad day for football.

Rudolph

They are nothing new. Alan Ball wore a pair in the 70s.

cmg

A bit of a story behind Alan Ball's white boots.

Hummel (who they?) paid him £2000 (wow!) to wear white boots with their double chevron mark on them. Unfortunately the boots were crap so they took a pair of his usual Adidas (presumably World Cups, as any sane player who could remotely afford them would chose) and doctored them to look like Hummel. (It is possible that they later produced a decent boot that Ball actually wore.).

There is a similar story behind the Fulham blacked-out boots in the 1975 Cup Final.

I agree that Adidas World Cup (and its successors) were the finest boots ever made and should be in black - although fashion dictates otherwise.

Are those shiny boots worn by so many these days made of some sort of plastic? They look like it.

Deanothefulhamfan

My White adidas boots are similar.... Just the cheaper version ;)

BarryP

Quote from: cmg on October 01, 2013, 01:10:01 PM

Hummel (who they?) paid him £2000 (wow!) to wear white boots with their double chevron mark on them. Unfortunately the boots were crap so they took a pair of his usual Adidas (presumably World Cups, as any sane player who could remotely afford them would chose) and doctored them to look like Hummel. (It is possible that they later produced a decent boot that Ball actually wore.).

There is a similar story behind the Fulham blacked-out boots in the 1976 Cup Final.

I agree that Adidas World Cup (and its successors) were the finest boots ever made and should be in black - although fashion dictates otherwise.

Are those shiny boots worn by so many these days made of some sort of plastic? They look like it.

The majority of them are made out of synthetic materials.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Rudolph on October 01, 2013, 11:21:38 AM
They are nothing new. Alan Ball wore a pair in the 70s.

I thought he wore white Hummels , which were never very good boots, a passing fad.

Sorry CMG didn't see your post just responding to first post in thread.

leonffc

Quote from: cmg on October 01, 2013, 01:10:01 PM

There is a similar story behind the Fulham blacked-out boots in the 1976 Cup Final.

Paul gascoingne did something similar when sponsored by Brooks. He couldnt get on with them so played for England in a pair of Puma Kings with marker pen over the stripe.
After a bit a telling off I believe Puma made his Brooks boots for him to wear.

Yeah, most of the new fangled boots are synthetic these days and make the house smell of cats urine once damp, which was a delight for my kids as they got World cups (screw ins) and Copa Mundials (moulds) as soon as they hit a size 5 foot by way of bribery to sway them away from 'vapours' and 'murcurials'. 

Saying that, after my breakdown on facebook this morning on the subject I was informed that there are rumours about another 4 colours coming out for next years World Cup in Brazil  :dft004:

The design of this light, kangaroo skin classic should not be messed with!!

MikeCdawg

Quote from: leonffc on October 01, 2013, 08:48:03 AM
The Copa Mundial boot in white. WHITE!!
The one boot I thought was sacred!!

A classic well and truly tainted.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/mobile/products/65297.aspx

A sad day for football.

For shame!