watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

booing next saturday - what a dilemma!

Started by win-dup, September 30, 2013, 05:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrProphet

Absolutely no booing during the game agreed its counter productive they need our support but at the end they should know how awful they have been and how everyone has had enough

Artful Dodger

Is booing allowed at the end after Stoke have strolled to 3 points after another gutless performance or should that be applauded too? Hope to hell we don't get that, but not particularly expecting anything else after Cardiff.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Oakeshott

I hope there is no booing during the game. But I also hope that if Jol is still in charge and we play as poorly as last Saturday, the "Jol out" chant after the final whistle is so loud that the owner gets the message.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Oakeshott on September 30, 2013, 08:43:59 PM
I hope there is no booing during the game. But I also hope that if Jol is still in charge and we play as poorly as last Saturday, the "Jol out" chant after the final whistle is so loud that the owner gets the message.

I think he has the message in his hand already.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Artful Dodger on September 30, 2013, 08:38:21 PM
Is booing allowed at the end after Stoke have strolled to 3 points after another gutless performance or should that be applauded too? Hope to hell we don't get that, but not particularly expecting anything else after Cardiff.
Don't go to the game - what point is there with your attitude? Actually, I take that back - replace 'your' with the 'majority' of posters on this board!

Logicalman

Personally, I've never booed the team, but its a matter of choice. I don't agree with those that do, though, as others have said on here, its a free world and everyone to their own, we live with our own decisions.

Parkway Drive

Quote from: epsomraver on September 30, 2013, 06:19:10 PM
Never boo your own team, simple, why don't you stop these wind ups, don't believe for a minute you are a Fulham fan.

This. Really don't get the lot going on about booing before the match has even started but everyone's entitled to their own decisions and actions no matter how insanely idiotic they are.

Matt

Quote from: premFlem on September 30, 2013, 07:50:10 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 30, 2013, 07:31:29 PM
The team needs support.  The hour is dark.  No booing.
The time is dark for the supporters not the 22 millionaires out on the pitch being paid to entertain us

My thoughts as well. We are the people actually caring as it seems. Lack of effort, if you have got the ticket you have defo the right to express your opinions.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

7787fulham

Don't boo the team during the game by all means boo the opposition but not our own lads lets cherr them on and get behind them.
Now if we lose everybody is entitled to do what you want boo, chant jol out or walk away in silence hoping for a better game next time.
My only question is if we now go on a winning streak even if its only a few games will people suddenly want jol to stay and will the jol out chants stop just because he's getting things right until theu go wrong again.

EJL

Why would you boo at the beginning of the game? I can understand it at half-time, although it's a bit ridiculous as any team can have a dodgy half, and at full-time, but before anyone has kicked a ball? Nope, sorry, don't get it.

mikeyffc28

Why boo?  If your boss or colleague stood next to you at work and booed at you for doing something wrong is it going to make you work better/harder?  How about supporting the team like "supporters" should do - the clue is in the name!

I say "Boo" to all you "boo"ers!

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Joe blogs on September 30, 2013, 06:25:48 PM
I repeat a rousing chorus of STAND UP IF YOU STILL BELIEVE May help.

:plus one: 049:gif

Brown@FFC

Quote from: mikeyffc28 on October 01, 2013, 01:39:44 PM
Why boo?  If your boss or colleague stood next to you at work and booed at you for doing something wrong is it going to make you work better/harder?  How about supporting the team like "supporters" should do - the clue is in the name!

Wrong. If you do something wrong at work, over the course of a year, consistently, you would be sacked.

mikeyffc28

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 01, 2013, 03:16:28 PM

Wrong. If you do something wrong at work, over the course of a year, consistently, you would be sacked.

Well done, you are right. 065.gif  But you havent addressed any part of my post, which you will see refers to the neanderthal booing, not the eventual outcome of being sacked.

Forever Fulham

Some players, like people in general, respond positively to negative reinforcement.  But for most people, and I would assume players as well, positive reinforcement is more effective.  Some players shut down and sulk or get depressed over boo-ing.  But no one plays worse upon hearing cheers and support.  Cheering and support inspires you when you are tired.  Boo-ing--what does that do for you when you are tired or your team is down a goal late?  Does it inspire you?  Does it lift your spirits?  What parallel universe are you boo birds living in to not understand human nature?  I've seen players half kill themselves with extra effort for an 'atta boy', a mighty cheer, a sustained applause.  But booing?  Here's the thing: Players don't know for sure what is the specific object of your booing, so they internalize it must be about them.  You hate the manager's selections or his failure to make a smart substitute, so you boo.  Do you think the players can easily differentiate the object of your boos?  No, they can't.  You're mad at, say, Hangeland for standing like a statute while the player he's supposed to be marking leaps over him for a header.  You boo. His teammates think you are booing them.  Everyone gets tarred and feathered over the seemingly unfocused and indiscriminate nature of booing.  Save your booing until half time or the end.  Give them courage and spirit in trying times, not disdain from the opening whistle.  This is punk behavior.  You want it all nice and easy, this is the wrong club for you.  Fulham is utterly dependent on team chemistry and cohesion, because of personnel holes in the lineup.  The team is old and in transition.  Help will come.  Until then, do everything possible to encourage winning with what we've got.

Pluto

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 01, 2013, 04:59:05 PM
Some players, like people in general, respond positively to negative reinforcement.  But for most people, and I would assume players as well, positive reinforcement is more effective.  Some players shut down and sulk or get depressed over boo-ing.  But no one plays worse upon hearing cheers and support.  Cheering and support inspires you when you are tired.  Boo-ing--what does that do for you when you are tired or your team is down a goal late?  Does it inspire you?  Does it lift your spirits?  What parallel universe are you boo birds living in to not understand human nature?  I've seen players half kill themselves with extra effort for an 'atta boy', a mighty cheer, a sustained applause.  But booing?  Here's the thing: Players don't know for sure what is the specific object of your booing, so they internalize it must be about them.  You hate the manager's selections or his failure to make a smart substitute, so you boo.  Do you think the players can easily differentiate the object of your boos?  No, they can't.  You're mad at, say, Hangeland for standing like a statute while the player he's supposed to be marking leaps over him for a header.  You boo. His teammates think you are booing them.  Everyone gets tarred and feathered over the seemingly unfocused and indiscriminate nature of booing.  Save your booing until half time or the end.  Give them courage and spirit in trying times, not disdain from the opening whistle.  This is punk behavior.  You want it all nice and easy, this is the wrong club for you.  Fulham is utterly dependent on team chemistry and cohesion, because of personnel holes in the lineup.  The team is old and in transition.  Help will come.  Until then, do everything possible to encourage winning with what we've got.

:plus one: Intelligent and well argued. I thoroughly agree. No one should be booing our team before the match or while the game is in play.

Logicalman

Quote from: mikeyffc28 on October 01, 2013, 04:20:59 PM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 01, 2013, 03:16:28 PM

Well done, you are right. 065.gif  But you havent addressed any part of my post, which you will see refers to the neanderthal booing, not the eventual outcome of being sacked.

Perhaps he is alluding to the fact the board have done nothing up until now, and therefore the booing will signal to them that all is not well, thus, lead to the sacking occurring a little earlier.