watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Rhodes again.

Started by jarv, October 01, 2013, 02:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Top scorer in the championship with 8. Why the hell did Fulham not buy this guy in the summer? Probably because he is under 25. :028:

SimpleTactics

totally agree. Also looked at Cardiff with envy who have quality signings in Caulker and Medel who we should have been looking at

God The Mechanic

Quote from: jarv on October 01, 2013, 02:55:23 PM
Top scorer in the championship with 8. Why the hell did Fulham not buy this guy in the summer? Probably because he is under 25. :028:

Didn't Blackburn say they would want upwards of £12million?  No way would the club sanction that sort of spending on a player who hasn't played in a top division anywhere.

It was too much of a risk taking him up two divisions a few years back.

MJG

And there is your problem straight away 27m for 3 players. Whoever the manager is thats what we need to be spending.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

HatterDon

The time to have made the move was the summer that Blackburn signed him. He was reasonably priced until then. It's amazing to me that he's still with Blackburn considering the crap that many premier league teams are featuring up front.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rudolph

James Vaughan is also getting bags full of goals at that level.  Norwich and Everton have passed on his services.

Not saying either are no good, but I wouldn't like to spend loads of money on them as it would represent a huge gamble.  

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on October 01, 2013, 03:34:56 PM
The time to have made the move was the summer that Blackburn signed him. He was reasonably priced until then. It's amazing to me that he's still with Blackburn considering the crap that many premier league teams are featuring up front.
exactly right. 8m invested last summer would at worse be a loss maybe of 2m if he failed next year or a profit if he had done well.

Compare that to spending 3m on a 32 year old with no sell on value.Now Parker is a good player, but it's a one way deal really.

If your a club with a tight budget and have to sell to make money then you have to invest in possible future profits, not just on spending it with no return at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

jarv

MJG, spot on about future sell on.  Managers and scouts are paid a lot to find good young prospects. Everyone said Fletcher was not worth the money, couldn't stop scoring for Sunderland. Southampton have an England centre forward who started in non league. Fulham successes in the money market, Saha, Demeble and Dempsey. I would like to know the comments when we signed Demps from the American league....
Yes, there are huge risks but if Rhodes gets another 30 this season, price will be up to 16 mill or more.
Just think, if in the premier he was to get 18, what price then?