watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Formations

Started by DukeTyrion, September 30, 2013, 05:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTyrion

I have a general dislike for 4-5-1 and even 4-2-3-1 formations, as there tends to be either a lack of width or a lack of support for the lone striker. My preference has always been for either 4-4-2 or 3-5-2.

If a new manager came in, what formation would you like to see put in place, or at least tried?

MJG

I think a new manager or even Jol needs to get back to basics and defend as a unit. Tough out a few draws etc.
I'd go for a simple 442 or a proper 4-5-1 with the 3 cm's doing exactly that job. A proper 4-5-1 should be able to go to 433 in a blink of an eye.

Saying that I'm not against the formation above although might change a few names.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: MJG on September 30, 2013, 05:14:15 PM
Saying that I'm not against the formation above although might change a few names.

Yeah, the names could easily be debated, such as Sket in goal or Duff as left wing back etc...

grandad

Quote from: DukeTyrion on September 30, 2013, 05:07:51 PM
I have a general dislike for 4-5-1 and even 4-2-3-1 formations, as there tends to be either a lack of width or a lack of support for the lone striker. My preference has always been for either 4-4-2 or 3-5-2.

If a new manager came in, what formation would you like to see put in place, or at least tried?

I quite like the pretty picture. However when do you bring on Ruiz to score another wonder goal & who does he replace?
Where there's a will there's a wife

SimpleTactics

twang

Quote from: MJG on September 30, 2013, 05:14:15 PM
I think a new manager or even Jol needs to get back to basics and defend as a unit. Tough out a few draws etc.
I'd go for a simple 442 or a proper 4-5-1 with the 3 cm's doing exactly that job. A proper 4-5-1 should be able to go to 433 in a blink of an eye.

It would be nice to see a structured Fulham team again, it has been a while...

I don't really care if Jol or his replacement plays a tight 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 like Villa do, just as long as the team is well balanced and the players knows what they are supposed to do on the pitch. As opposed to what we have today.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: grandad on September 30, 2013, 05:36:45 PM
I quite like the pretty picture. However when do you bring on Ruiz to score another wonder goal & who does he replace?

Berbatov ;-)

Tonywa

Ideally Jol prefers a 4-4-2, as basically on Saturday.  Trouble is most teams in the Prem play 4-5-1 leaving us a man light in midfield.

filham

We never had all these alternative formations to worry about with Woy. We played the same week in week out and every player new what was expected of him and just did the same job as last week in the manner laid down by the manager. It worked a treat.

farfouille

Looking at the ideas above, I now realize that there could be worse than Jol.  064.gif

This is the formation we are actually playing:

It looks like 4-2-3-1 to me with 2 full-backs providing cover for the wingers (well, one of the wingers: Kaca). We also have one typical DM (Sidwell) and one CM (Parker) who is supposed to be the link with the second forward (Berba in this case) and the wide players.
With the players we have, I don't think we need another formation.
To be honest, I have no idea why we are playing so bad but I doubt it's a formation issue.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

KP_FFC

sunburywhite

We could play 3-2-1 with Ted Rogers leading the line
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Riverside

Anything that involves forward passes !

Surely this lot don't think we are playing rugby ( touch rugby that is not the real thing !)

JackyFulham90

4-2-3-1

Stekelenburg
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson
                         Parker Boateng
Dejagah                   Ruiz                Taarabt
                                   Bent

farfouille

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on September 30, 2013, 08:30:18 PM
4-2-3-1

Stekelenburg
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson
                         Parker Boateng
Dejagah                   Ruiz                Taarabt
                                   Bent

Eeeexactly!
Wait! Where is Berbatov? :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen