https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This what I am going to do on Saturday

Started by terryr, October 02, 2013, 09:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frei bentos

Quote from: TerryR on October 02, 2013, 09:20:56 PM
I am going to suspend all angst.
I am going to dress head to foot in FFC.
I am going to take my  season's ticket seat.
I am going to Hope for the best, but regardless I am going to support my team.
I am going to cheer my team.
I WILL NOT BOO, regardless of what happens.
I will go home with my wife, and I will love the team whatever the result.

No "JOL OUT" chants.
No negative vibe.
FULHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's it.
Hope others will join me.
Terry
049:gif

Well said, son. Hope others follow suit..

Guinness Haze

Win, lose or draw: I shall be drinking Guinness.
That is the only promise I can make.

filham

We should always support the team and booing the players will not help in any way and I will be cheering the team on from the start.

Have to admit though that I do need the team to provide some excitement to enable me to keep up the support for 90 minutes. I was quiet for a lot of the time last Saturday. It is difficult to get excited about a string of sideways and backward short passes that take the ball from the edge of the opponents penalty area to our keeper.

Riverside

No "JOL OUT" chants.
No negative vibe.
That's it.
Terry

Count me in.

Guinness Haze

...and I shall be hoping for a performance of high intensity and passion.

Vinnieffc

Me and Missus Vinnie are off to Las Vegas on Saturday, but will be with you in spirit. I never have and never will boo the team,. For those of you fortunate to be there this weekend, please try to encourage the boo-ers to get back to supporting the team .

jelmo

THis is all well and good and I agree that we should support the team as best we can for as long as the game is active...

... But....... I dont have a problem with people chanting JOL OUT/Booing if the performance is as bad as the rubbish we have had to put up with of late. Im sure no one in power reads the blogs or forums and we hardly get any media coverage (so our fans voices/opinions are rarely ever heard in the public domain). Therefore, the few seconds after the game finishes is the only way to get the mood of the fans across.

I don't see why expressing this is so taboo in some peoples minds. We all want what is best for the club and clapping the team or remaining silent after a game will not bring about the changes that are needed (or if it does then they will be imposed too slowly)

So in conclusion... Support the team as much as you can during the game but if we are forced to watch another sideways borefest topped off with comedy defending to concede a late goal (against another mediocre team) then boo away!

alfie

Quote from: jelmo on October 03, 2013, 03:30:05 PM
THis is all well and good and I agree that we should support the team as best we can for as long as the game is active...

... But....... I dont have a problem with people chanting JOL OUT/Booing if the performance is as bad as the rubbish we have had to put up with of late. Im sure no one in power reads the blogs or forums and we hardly get any media coverage (so our fans voices/opinions are rarely ever heard in the public domain). Therefore, the few seconds after the game finishes is the only way to get the mood of the fans across.

I don't see why expressing this is so taboo in some peoples minds. We all want what is best for the club and clapping the team or remaining silent after a game will not bring about the changes that are needed (or if it does then they will be imposed too slowly)

So in conclusion... Support the team as much as you can during the game but if we are forced to watch another sideways borefest topped off with comedy defending to concede a late goal (against another mediocre team) then boo away!

Do you think that booing helps the team
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Silence at the end of the game will get the message across. Deadly silence is more penetrating than booing.

jelmo

Quote from: alfie on October 03, 2013, 04:52:15 PM

2 things:

1) This team is beyond help at the moment
2) I did not advocate booing during the actual match so whether it helps or not isnt an issue.

I just think as the fans of the club who have a financial and emotional investment. We should be allowed to air our disappoint at the state of the club. How else will a multi billionaire like Khan (who is based in jackosonville) know or care that there is so much dissatisfaction at the club? Im sure he isn't a FoF member!

Shredhead

Quote from: filham on October 03, 2013, 05:04:02 PM

Silence at the end of the game will get the message across. Deadly silence is more penetrating than booing.
Most of the time, there's deadly silence DURING the game.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

BishopsParkFantastic

No "JOL OUT" chants.
No negative vibe.
That's it.
Terry

You need help!!!

Furby

Quote from: jelmo on October 03, 2013, 05:25:13 PM
Quote from: alfie on October 03, 2013, 04:52:15 PM

2 things:

1) This team is beyond help at the moment
2) I did not advocate booing during the actual match so whether it helps or not isnt an issue.

I just think as the fans of the club who have a financial and emotional investment. We should be allowed to air our disappoint at the state of the club. How else will a multi billionaire like Khan (who is based in jackosonville) know or care that there is so much dissatisfaction at the club? Im sure he isn't a FoF member!

Even though I didn't boo or chant Jol out last week, I completely agree with your posts. Khan I'm sure will do what's best for club, team and fans. And as we've been playing shockingly bad pretty much all this calendar year fans have a right to voice their own opinion as long as it's not in a hateful or violent way. So booing is a sensible option in my eyes and if we as fans were behind Jol we'd literally be singing his praises, and Khan would take that into consideration, like he did with our opinion of the MJ statue.

I'm not at the Stoke game, but will be desperate for us to win, but would also like to see Jol gone. So if we are as poor as we were Saturday then boo away and I'm sure we'll see Jol out on Sunday.

Furby

[/quote]

Surely staying completely silent implies you don't have an opinion?? If someone upset you or let you down, would you let your silence be more penetrating then or voice your opinion?

premFlem

I follow Fulham.....all players and managers are merely passing through " Fulham Remains"  At the end of each game the fans have their say if content with the display win lose or draw will cheer and applaud, if the fans are not content they will show their unrest by booing or slow hand clapping (remember that). The present manager is underachieving and needs replacing urgently to avoid possible relegation . My  advice if you dont like booing is wear earplugs because if we lose on saturday it will be loud.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Berserker

What about if i go down the front of the P1 if we lose and just look really sad. I could make eye contact with Jol as he walks to the tunnel and look like my little heart is breaking. That might affect him more than me booing him.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

premFlem

We can win this one ,   but Self-Flaggelation might be an option for those who choose not to Boo another poor show
:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

ToodlesMcToot

Think I'll go and boo the boo'ers.  :hook:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

KingstonWhite

Yes!!!! More like it, will we win. The will to win COYW!!!!!

SmithyFFC

FTID