watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

John Terry named as star in affair with Wayne Bridge's ex Vanessa Perr

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, January 29, 2010, 05:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

John Terry today faces serious questions about his role as England captain after he was named as having an affair with the ex-girlfriend of team-mate Wayne Bridge.

The the dark side skipper is alleged to have cheated behind his wife's back with Vanessa Perroncel.

The England captain married Toni Poole in 2007, while Bridge is understood to have split with French-born underwear model Perroncel at the end of last year.

Terry had won a gagging order stopping the public learning about the affair but the injunction was lifted today.

Terry and Manchester City's Bridge both played together at the dark side and are current team-mates with England. The revelations will make it increasingly difficult for Terry to retain the support of the England dressing room going into this summer's World Cup.

Terry is set go to South Africa as captain, while Bridge is also likely to be selected in Fabio Capello's squad.
Terry's so-called 'super-injunction' was granted by a High Court judge under human rights laws. He had successfully claimed that exposing his alleged infidelity would be a breach of his right to a 'private and family life'.

The judge, Mr Justice Tugendhat, lifted the injunction on Friday afternoon, saying: 'I do not consider that an interim injunction is necessary or proportionate having regard to the level of gravity of the interference with the private life of the applicant that would occur in the event that there is a publication of the fact of the relationship, or that [the applicant] can rely in this case on the interference with the private life of anyone else.

Mr Justice Tugendhat granted the interim order to lawyers acting for LNS - as Terry is identified on court papers - at a private hearing in London last Friday. He said that it should remain in force until he delivered his decision on the application, which he gave in writing today.

The order covered the fact of a specified personal relationship between Terry, who is married with twins, and the named person, details about it including certain specific consequences, information leading to the identification of Terry or the other person and any photographs relating to it.

Giving his reasons for refusing to renew the injunction, the judge said: 'I accept that the information sought to be protected is not in the public domain in the sense that there is nothing left to be protected. 'But the evidence is that there has been wide circulation amongst those involved in the sport in question, including agents and others, and not just amongst those directly engaged in the sport. 'If the injunction ought otherwise be granted, I would not refuse it on this basis. But the fact that the information has become as widely available to so many people, means that an injunction is less necessary or proportionate than would otherwise be the case.

'Further, if - as I think likely - the real concern of the applicant in this case is the effect of publication upon the sponsorship business, then damages would be an adequate remedy if Terry succeeds at trial.'

It is the latest scandal to emerge surrounding Terry. In December, he was exposed for organising a secret tour of the dark side's training ground, apparently in exchange for a £10,000 cash payment that was made in the staff canteen.
Terry, who was accompanied by well-known ticket tout Tony Bruce, told undercover reporters from the News of the World that the arrangements for the tour had to be kept secret for fear that the club would 'find out'.
'If anything ever goes wrong, then you say "John didn't know nothing about that",' Bruce told the reporters who secretly filmed the visit.

That incident came shortly after Sportsmail revealed that Terry had enlisted the help of a marketing company, Riviera Entertainment Limited, to cash in on the England captain's armband, prompting one FA official to say he had made himself look 'greedy'.

'John Terry is available to create effective brand awareness and endorse products and services globally,' said the email that used the official FIFA World Cup logo without permission and, much to the surprise of Stamford Bridge officials, used an image of Terry in a Dark Side strip.

It then reminded potentially interested parties that 'John Terry is: British sporting hero; England's football captain; World Cup 2018 ambassador; Football icon; Dad of the year 2008; Voted as one of the World's most influencial (sic) people.'

Even though Riviera claimed to have a contractual agreement with him, Terry issued a statement saying the email had been circulated without his permission.

In March last year, Terry's mum and mother-in-law were allegedly caught shoplifting £800-worth of clothes and food from Marks & Spencer and Tesco.

There was further family scandal in November when Terry's father was caught selling drugs. Ted Terry allegdly organised a deal to supply undercover News of the World reporters with cocaine.
Along with his two Premier League medals, Terry also won the 2008 Dad of the Year award after a survey carried out by Daddies Sauce.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1246974/John-Terry-named-star-affair-Wayne-Bridges-ex-girlfriend-Vanessa-Perroncel.html#ixzz0e1YPH3w1

Lighthouse

When the debate about club and Country comes up I often feel a little guilty not giving much of a thought to England. Fulham first and always, Internationals are ok but better when Fulham players are playing. Then we are reminded about exactly who our England Captain is. Then I don't feel so guilty. Just embarrased.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Wow, I didn't think it was possible, but I actually loath him even more!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

JBH

I bet that Frank Lampard will be really Jealous when he finds out who his mate (Nudge Nudge Wink Wink) has been mucking around with behind his back!!!   :o

Logicalman

I don't know how he finds the time for all this skulduggery - obvious they aren't training him hard enough if he enough energy to go out and satisfy someone other than his wife - if, that is, he did actually satisfy her!!  Hey, I should be a News of the Screws staff writer with thoughts like that.

os5889

the piece of meat in question

Brede Butter Pudding

I'm afraid 'scumbag' doesn't even come close to describing this man. I find the funniest part of the article the bit about him being 'Dad of the year'. I mean, who conducted this 'survey'?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

the guy has more money than God,couple of healthy kids,wife that loves him and he is Captain of his country and all this is still not enough????????? the guy is a total pikey and should be stripped of the Captains arm band as soon as possible >:( :o

os5889

Agreed, England Captains should be a role model! A family man, devout professional who plays the game in the spirit it was intended to be.

James Milner For England Captain!

Hazey

At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Boggers

At the risk of playing devil's advocate, let's be honest lads - if you could get away with it (which John Terry clearly can), wouldn't you put one into the 'piece of meat in question'?

"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

JBH

The thing is Bogger's he didn't get away with it, because he is a thick chelscum pikey twit, hope his missus skints him!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

If his mrs does go for the cash and if you look at what "mrs" Ray Parlor got in a divorce settlement he could very well be "skinted out"-such a shame ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HatterDon

I don't really care about all this, but I'm getting closer to my second ball, which if Terry's wife had an option, is something that chelscumbag JT wouldnt be able to say.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: HatterDon on January 29, 2010, 10:40:50 PM
I don't really care about all this, but I'm getting closer to my second ball, which if Terry's wife had an option, is something that chelscumbag JT wouldnt be able to say.
LOL ;D

alfie

I am with Haterdon on this i could not care less what Terry does or does not do.

This basically is old news been around for a while privately, 
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FatFreddysCat

No wonder he didn't move to Citeh in the summer. Also a pity that Bridge isn't still at the Bluepoo as that would really cause some friction in the changing room.