watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mark Hughes admits he made mistake in leaving Fulham

Started by fulhamfever, October 03, 2013, 03:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

You know those horrible people who say I told you so. Well despite the Boxing Day disaster I was still supporting his methods. I am on record on saying how deflayed I felt when he left. Still think, for whatever reason, we played good stuff. Such a breath of fresh air to me, especially away from home.

As soon as Jol came in, even in the Europa early rounds against very average sides we played not to lose. I know Roy did that to a certain point, but we did go forward as a team.

Anyway sorry when Hughes left, silly comments he made, but oh how I would love him still in charge.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Like most things, it's not what happened, it's the manner in which he did so.

The Rock

Regardless even if some believe we were better under him - it's not like we chose to bring in Jol and replace him. He left us and would do it again. Like a player that doesn't want to play, good riddence.

HatterDon

Quote from: The Rock on October 04, 2013, 12:25:43 PM
Regardless even if some believe we were better under him - it's not like we chose to bring in Jol and replace him. He left us and would do it again. Like a player that doesn't want to play, good riddence.

It's exactly like we chose to bring in Jol to replace him. If we had been successful in getting Jol to break his contract the summer before, Hughes would never have been the gaffer here. Instead, we sign him, we play good football, we reach our second highest league position in our history, and the board tells him we've got no money to rebuild the squad. He leaves, complains RIGHTLY about lack of ambition, and then the board/MAF gets who they really wanted in the first place. And then they hand Jol a bucket of money and we buy Ruiz.

Even Stevie Wonder can see how that developed, but instead it's "Hughes turned his back on us." The fact is that we were more adventurous on the road, played excellent football, and got that finish. Unfortunately, all many supporters can do is concentrate on his aloof nature, the size of the desk in his office, and the "not an ambitious club" remark.

Hughes is not the greatest manager in football. He's probably just better than average, but he's a hell of a lot better than the guy we shoved him out the door to get.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bassey the warrior

Respect him for this but he's still an arrogant c**k.