https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Tebow talk resurfacing for Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback position

Started by Forever Fulham, September 10, 2013, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

Quote from: Logicalman on September 23, 2013, 12:59:16 PM
Quote from: dino1828 on September 23, 2013, 06:01:56 AM
I am a season ticket holder and there first home game sold 60,000 tickets they may be a crap team but they still seal tickets and they are not moving he spending piles of money on the stadium here, they will not sign Tebow GM said they never will, so have a nice day.

So, what is your overall opinion of Khan as it relates to spending on teams he owns? Is he someone that will stick with Fulham through the harder years?

He's owned the Jags for less than 2 seasons, how is anybody supposed to have an impression like that?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Logicalman

Quote from: AmericanJames on September 25, 2013, 09:13:13 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on September 23, 2013, 12:59:16 PM
Quote from: dino1828 on September 23, 2013, 06:01:56 AM
I am a season ticket holder and there first home game sold 60,000 tickets they may be a crap team but they still seal tickets and they are not moving he spending piles of money on the stadium here, they will not sign Tebow GM said they never will, so have a nice day.

So, what is your overall opinion of Khan as it relates to spending on teams he owns? Is he someone that will stick with Fulham through the harder years?

He's owned the Jags for less than 2 seasons, how is anybody supposed to have an impression like that?

Well, I would guess, depending on the immediate needs of the club, whether Khan has made good on any initial promises, or is just in a holding pattern. It might provide some insight into how he does business in terms of sports teams.

Forever Fulham

Two interesting articles (both of them are few months old) about the NFL's plan to create a London-based NFL team.  The second one suggests the natural target demographic are rugby fans, as that sport seems closest to American football.  The topic of where the London stadium would be keeps popping up.  And so does the Jacksonville Jaguars.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1674573-how-can-the-nfl-realistically-expand-to-europe
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/25/how-nfl-can-expand-abroad-london_n_2016085.html

Logicalman

The only way I can see any of the NFL players agreeing to this would be the same way the Prem players go in the opposite direction into MLS, when they are in the twilight of their career, or are just not fit/classy enough to remain first pick in the squad, and their pay suffers.

I guess the only reason Jason Kelce might like it is because perhaps he keeps thinking he likes the English accent (I promise you, if you speak with that accent over here, that's all you seem to hear - every day!), or he likes (as that great actor Dennis Farina once said) "fish, chips, cup o' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f*****g Poppins ... London!" - classic  064.gif

Forever Fulham

The net net of all of these articles, to me, is that the NFL resolutely believes in expanding its franchise with an NFL Europe conference which would likely play amongst itself, pre-playoffs, with occasional games against stateside teams to minimize jet lag issues.  And the number one European franchise location to NFL leadership appears to be London.  And key to such plans to establish a beach head there is settling on an initial stadium, a base of operations.  Taking a poor U.S.=based team, a poor new team with no tradition, easily uprootable, and moving it to London as part of, say, an initial four-team NFL Europe conference, all appears likely part of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's plans.  But which team?  Seems to point to the Jacksonville Jaguars.  Why buy Fulham, Mr. Khan?  Don't you have your hands full with the worse team in the NFL?  Why take on Fulham with all of its debt?  A midtable team that loses money almost every year.  Why?  What's so attractive to you about London-based Fulham?  Why didn't you pump more money into Fulham for player improvements over the summer?  Posters have speculated that the Cottage grounds won't work as that London stadium for the Jaguars.  That the natives will grab their pitchforks and riot.  That if you touch one brick of that beautiful picturesque place, there will be blood.  Metaphorically speaking, of course.  That there is no room for an NFL stadium there.  That there isn't enough seating capacity.  Still, I wonder.  Khan is a billionaire.  Perhaps someone sold him on an expansion story.  Perhaps someone said he'd have the full and complete backing and financial support of the league if he did such and such, moving the Jaguars to London, to SW London.  Not today, Not next year.  But maybe in five years, as the league works in the background on developmental issues.  Is it all so far fetched given what we've been reading in the press?