watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blinkered Fans, Stoke take the cake

Started by MasterHaynes, October 07, 2013, 06:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

One of the reasons I really dislike Stoke is their fans attitude, they only ever see their players as victims of poor refereeing never the offenders and imaginations that see every teqam get away with murder against them despite the weight of evidence at end of each season with total red/yellow cards and players injured when playing against them.

I was just reading the article from a Stoke fan in Mondays round up on this forum, just reading the first few lines reminded me just how much I dislike Stoke....''The ref was poor and the linesmen even worse, and the Cottagers got away with diving, punching and acting.'' really, what game was he watching?

Stoke players took every opportunity to roll around as if they were dying and promptly got up and sprinted in to the game. I lost count of the number of times the ball was kicked out by us or game was stopped because one of their players was rolling around holding his head. Shawcross and Huth put themselves about as usual and how their player was not sent off for the tackle on Berba I don't know.  

Lighthouse

Berba and Kara are no strangers to play acting. But I agree in the main. I thought a two footed tackle was now a sending off offence. But not for Shawcross. On the whole though Stoke just feel rightly upset. They were playing the worst team in the league but only bothered us a few times despite having most of the ball. Ironically the Berba incident led to Bent having to come on and he scored. Couldn't see a shot on goal happening with the formation we had.

We fans are fickle. But while Stoke fans may be bad, we are all guilty of seeing just the one side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

As usual we had a fair old mix around us including quite a few Stokies but things were fine. The most chatty amongst them was apologetic about the Etherington Oscar winning performance, ( I did not see what actually happened though), and everybody was laughing at Nzonz. It was generally agreed that Whelan should have had a red and boy do they not like him. However we had to apologise with knobs on for the Berbatov meets sniper 'event' in the penalty box in the second half and when Karagounis swan dived over a tackle and still got a free kick I handed over my Mars bar.
Yes there were some real oiks and some morons in red and white but break it down and the more constructive points have a touch of validity. This is a game where Huth could have had a hat trick for chrissakes.