watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was Berba really injured ?

Started by Riverside, October 05, 2013, 08:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Or did he know that he was going to be subbed ( for doing nothing ) and chose a more elegant way out ?

I for one thought he was going off 5 mins before he picked up the injury ?

Unfair question maybe but thoughts ?

Logicalman

I thought the same about him and Brede.

Perhaps Jol has finally seen the light that so many on here have harped on about, the favoritism shown to some is destroying us.

JBH

Don't care we were better at the back 2nd half and better going forward without Berbatov

Captain Fulhamerica

Berbs was limping as he left the field at the end of the game.  Just looked like a knock though, he was probably coming off anyway.

Brown@FFC

Jol said if he could have stayed on, he would of.

MJG

Yes, he did it when he slid in for that chance on the six yard box and he was offside.

Wingnut

I thought Whelan caught him when he fouled him and got that yellow.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Berserker

Berba.Looked injured  to me, Brede now....
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BarryP

Quote from: Wingnut on October 05, 2013, 09:00:54 PM
I thought Whelan caught him when he fouled him and got that yellow.

That is when I thought it happened as well.  It looked like Whelan caught him pretty solidly.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

NogoodBoyo

To paraphrase the younguns, "what game were you lot watching?"
Whelan came in over the top with an atrocious level of cynicism and stamped on Berba's left ankle as Berba flicked the ball over his lunge.  It was a clear sending off offence on TV - evidently not in the real world.  Look for the replay.  Whelan even had the gall to stand menacingly over his victim after the foul.  Disgusting.
Nogood "no good, isit" Boyo

JHaynes Paperboy

Quite right NGB, Sidwell got a straight Red for a similar tackle!

Riverside

Saw MOTD last night and stand corrected
Yes he was hurt
( Whelan last season would have been off for that ).

Still we benefited though with the Berba / Bent swap .
And still left with the conundrum .
Does Jol drop his favourite and most talented individual for the benefit of the team ?

Beamer

Does Berba really care one way or the other? Well the look on his face and the way he threw his top down as he got to the bench suggested that he was pretty upset about it - def the look of a man who cared.
The reaction of the team to the result, be it delight or relief or a bit of both, was probably the best bit of the win for me. You can't help wondering if some of the 'lost the dressing room/players don't care' stories have some truth in them but at the end their body language looked like players that were still very much up for it to me. 

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Riverside on October 06, 2013, 09:25:59 AM
Saw MOTD last night and stand corrected
Yes he was hurt
( Whelan last season would have been off for that ).

Still we benefited though with the Berba / Bent swap .
And still left with the conundrum .
Does Jol drop his favourite and most talented individual for the benefit of the team ?

He should do, to show the players that he is in control.

MasterHaynes

T thought he was mad at not being taken off earlier as he rolled his hands and shouted at the bench 5 minutes earlier then got caught again because he had to challenge for a ball passed to him. When the ball went out he sat down and looked like he told them he had to come off hence the delay in getting Bent on when he had only just been warming up and sat down again after the original Whelan tackle on Berba.

Tonywa

Was injured by that bad tackle from Whelan.  Had been limping badly for about ten minutes before he was finally taken off. He had signalled to the bench several times that he could not carry on.

beijing ben

It was a pretty bad one from Whelan and could have been sent off. He'd only been on the pitch for about 20 seconds!

I thought Berbatov was good in the first half. The continual problem is his attitude towards his fellow players. I think it was a relief for them when he came off. I think we can find a way to play well with Berbatov. It may mean an adjustment to the formation but whilst we are in the situation we find ourselves he has to be more positive towards his teammates..

NogoodBoyo

I agree with you BB.  However, if I were a colleague of berbatov's in any workplace, I would seek a job elsewhere.
  He is not being managed and that's not good for team morale.
Nogood "always back to the management, isn't" Boyo

copthornemike

Although it was a poor display from Berbatov to be fair to him he was getting clattered from behind on a few occassions - and on more than one occassion just after he had released the ball.