watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stanley manager calls Woy a disgrace.

Started by FatFreddysCat, January 29, 2010, 05:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Had a quick read through the papers in Tesco today and the Stanley manager was angry about us changing at the hotel (told yer it was a bad idea). Also he said that Woy acted very badly towards him during the game. I think it was in the Sun.

Lighthouse

This has been sloshing about since the game. Frankly the pitch and ground were a disgrace and Fulham changed on the bus. Afterwards  we went home. Stanley only make themselves look disappointing by acting like jilted 15 year olds
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Cheap journalism during a slow transfer window. Tripe like this is best ignored.

Some nice words on here from rival team supporters about Roy in his defense though:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_5893120,00.html
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Doctor

Vaguely curious as to why this was being repeated 5 days after the event, I had a look at Stanley's website.

Lo and behold if there isn't a whacking great advert for The Sun's discounted football tickets promotion on there.  It doesn't seem too cynical to suggest that they're doing everything possible to keep themselves in the public consciousness whilst this promotion is underway.  Does it?

os5889

I feel slightly embarrassed by the "Accrington incident" . It was something I could see chelsea doing but never a Fulham side, theres a fine line between us and them, very disrespectful and hurtful especialy with al the preparations Stanley would have made to impress us

Logicalman

Quote from: os5889 on January 29, 2010, 06:00:26 PM
I feel slightly embarrassed by the "Accrington incident" . It was something I could see the dark side doing but never a Fulham side, theres a fine line between us and them, very disrespectful and hurtful especialy with al the preparations Stanley would have made to impress us

You mean they swept the hay up from the changing room floor?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

accrington stanley????? who are they? EXACTLEY!

Hazey

In all seriousness, from the pres conferences you have seen Roy conduct and his general demeanour can you see him acting like a pr*ck to these blokes?

Sounds like someone is a bit p*ssed there bash and crash attempt to steal a premiership cap has failed.  Throwing about slander toward the opposition coach smells of CHAV!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

ImperialWhite

I feel slightly embarrassed by the "Accrington incident" . It was something I could see the dark side doing but never a Fulham side, theres a fine line between us and them, very disrespectful and hurtful especialy with al the preparations Stanley would have made to impress us

Rather like the scene in The Damned United where Cloughie gets annoyed by his treatment from Don Revie/Leeds?

Jimpav

It's understandable that they might complain about changing rooms but it soudned like we were doing them a favour.

Not to sure about Woy complaining to the ref. He's normally deep in thought (or despair) during most matches.

os5889

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 29, 2010, 06:43:10 PM

Rather like the scene in The Damned United where Cloughie gets annoyed by his treatment from Don Revie/Leeds?

Exactly, it wasnt that long ago we were in Accringtons shoes languishing at the bottom of the football league, imagine if a big team did that to us then

finnster01

I am not proud of the hotel change thing, but only a bunch of unemployed northerners can keep this issue going way past it's sell by time. I like AS as much as the next man, and want them to survive, but this is way too much sour grapes after the fact and now I couldn't really give a rat's arse if they go into administration because the real AS went out of business in the mid sixties anyways. Why does all northern clubs hate anything from London? 
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

WhiteJC

Quote from: finnster01 on January 29, 2010, 07:01:25 PM
I am not proud of the hotel change thing, but only a bunch of unemployed northerners can keep this issue going way past it's sell by time. I like AS as much as the next man, and want them to survive, but this is way too much sour grapes after the fact and now I couldn't really give a rat's arse if they go into administration because the real AS went out of business in the mid sixties anyways. Why does all northern clubs hate anything from London? 

geography?

RidgeRider

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 29, 2010, 07:17:46 PM

geography?

Frankly, if I may say so, there have been more than one occassion where posters on this board have made less than flattering remarks about Englanders from up North, so I am guessing it's like anywhere else in the world......geography does seem to matter to us for whatever reason.

JBH

Northern Monkey, trying to get a couple of quid from the papers for being controversal!

Roy doesn't even have a bad word for Referees!!!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 29, 2010, 09:13:32 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on January 29, 2010, 07:17:46 PM

geography?
You should have seen the hatred between Londoners and as JBH quite rightly calls the Northern monkeys about 20 years ago, you could spot a Northerner in London straight away, to a lesser extent you still can, but they really hate us. Perhaps someone could find a link to Harry Enfields Loadsa Money character having a pop at Northerners for the benefit of RR. Loads of Northerners move to the city with streets of Gold, but not many Londoners move up to live in the slums of the grey cold North.

Frankly, if I may say so, there have been more than one occassion where posters on this board have made less than flattering remarks about Englanders from up North, so I am guessing it's like anywhere else in the world......geography does seem to matter to us for whatever reason.

RidgeRider

It's strange isn't? My experience with the Londoners on this board is, I couldn't see how anyone would hate you lot.

KCat

Not even the Qprhaaaaaa    fan would believe that Roy was rude .
I am surprised that the guy actually wrote the story ...even a Sun jurno  

os5889

I dont think its a London thing, I think its a north south thing, they didnt care much for bristolians or saints either.

Incidentally do we like them?? Not really.....

SteveM19

Quote from: JBH on January 29, 2010, 09:21:14 PM
Northern Monkey, trying to get a couple of quid from the papers for being controversal!

Roy doesn't even have a bad word for Referees!!!

Maybe not a Stanley supporter, but just a Sun hack with nothing erlse to fill up column inches so he writes this so he can head down to the pub and drain a few pints.