https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (05/10/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 05, 2013, 06:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bent believes in Jol
by DAN on OCTOBER 5, 2013

Darren Bent dismissed any pressure on manager Martin Jol after scoring the winner as Fulham claimed a precious three points against Stoke City afternoon.

The on-loan Aston Villa striker came off the bench to slot home the only goal of the game seven minutes from time at Craven Cottage and lift Fulham out of the relegation zone after a difficult start to the season. Bent insisted afterwards that the Dutchman retained the full confidence of his players:

I doubt he was under pressure. You've got to give managers time and I'm sure the club will give Martin Jol all the time he needs. As players we're all behind him 100 per cent. He's the right man for the job and we love having him here.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/10/bent-believes-in-jol/?

WhiteJC

Jol: Fulham 'fought like lions'
by DAN on OCTOBER 5, 2013

Martin Jol praised Fulham's fighting spirit after his side snatched a vital home win in the closing stages of this afternoon's tight fixture with Stoke City.

Darren Bent came off the bench to grab the winning goal seven minutes from time and Jol insisted his players 'fought like lions' to record their first home league win since April 1.

Relieved, emotional, whatever you want to call it, we needed those three points for sure. We realise we didn't play our best match but there is a lot of relief because we needed the points. Although they looked better than us, for all their pressure they only had a few chances. They could have a penalty and we could have had one as well.

We need wins and wins will give us more stability. I can cope with the pressure. The players realise that and, if the manager can cope with it, they can cope as well. Today we showed a great team spirit and fought like lions.

Jol reserved special praise for his match-winner Bent.

It's great to have someone like Darren Bent. I always do that with players [try to nurture the best out of them]. They always have good seasons when they are with me.

Darren Bent will have a good season. He knows what my intentions are. Sometimes he can't start but my intentions are still to use him and get the best out of Berbatov and Darren Bent.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/10/jol-fulham-fought-like-lions/?

WhiteJC

Martin Jol comes close to tears as Fulham victory helps dampen speculation about his future

The Dutchman was jumping for joy as he watched his side beat Stoke 1-0 after his job seemed under threat

Phew! Fulham manager Martin Jol celebrates after Bent's goal
Paul Gilham

Martin Jol was overcome with emotion yesterday.

With his position in jeopardy, his Fulham team beat Stoke 1-0 to keep their boss in a job.

Weeks of mounting speculation and criticism had taken their toll. But, as our pictures reveal, this was no victory stroll.

The 57-year-old Dutchman went through the wringer. Jol said: "I believe in the players. It was unbelievably important to get the win.

"I can come up with stories and excuses, saying they believe in me and the squad are behind me. But, if you don't get the points, we all have the same depression."

Despite the speculation surrounding his job, with Martin O'Neill emerging as a prime contender to replace him, Jol stayed defiant.

He said: "I will be in management for years and I want to be here, to help the players."

Rene Meulensteen, the former Manchester United coach, has also been linked with a move to Fulham – but as a member of Jol's staff, rather than as his replacement.

There were gut-wrenching moments as Jol's team struggled for their first win in six League games – and no hiding his delight when he celebrated Darren Bent's winner.

By the end, the emotional roller-coaster had taken its toll.

And Martin's old mates admitted here was a man close to tears after a hard day's work.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/martin-jol-comes-close-tears-2343147#ixzz2guq08t4p
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

WhiteJC

Rene Meulensteen wanted by Martin Jol to help bolster backroom staff at Fulham

Talks are being held to bring Sir Alex Ferguson's former coach to Craven Cottage as the club look to back their under-fire boss

In talks: Rene Meulensteen could be heading to Fulham to join Jol's backroom team
John Peters

Rene Meulensteen is heading to Fulham, if The Cottagers' boss, Martin Jol, has his way, writes Dean Jones of the Sunday People .

Jol told the board he wanted Sir Alex Ferguson's former coach at Manchester United, to bulk up his backroom team, as the club had suffered a poor start to the campaign – and that had left him under mounting pressure from fans .

And the board agreed that Meulensteen, 49, had the credentials to move the club in the right direction.

Talks are being held with the coach as club chairman Shahid Khan prepares to give Jol his backing.

And after yesterday's 1-0 win over Stoke, the Dutchman could even arrive at Craven Cottage within the next 48 hours.

Last night Jol said: "It was of unbelievable importance to get this win.

"I can come up with excuses saying the players believe in me, but if we don't get points we all have the same depression."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rene-meulensteen-wanted-martin-jol-2343448#ixzz2guqPJ4Dh
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook