watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

kasami incident

Started by fulhamben, October 06, 2013, 06:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Some refs might have sent Kasami off for raising a hand, although it would have been a complete joke, but I don't think  this ref saw it anyway.

Well, Whelan definitely should have been sent off for his tackle on Berba.

Stoke didn't help their cause by their constant falling down and holding their heads - this seemed like a planned tactic, and it did break the flow of the game up, as said.

Same old Stoke in many ways - with lots of gamesmanship and thuggish tactics and attempts at intimidation.

Expect them to revert to Pulis's long ball game if they can't start scoring.

westcliff white

Quote from: res on October 06, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
The ref saw it as he had a quiet word with Kasami after Pieters somehow got up after receiving Kasami's fearsome tap on his shoulder..so the FA can't review it from Kasami's perspective.
However it's about time the FA did something about the increasing tendency of (often) overseas players rolling around in agony whenever there is something approaching physical contact...and I include a word with Karagounis as well, the only thing I don't like about his game and attitude

only part if that is true, if the ref saw it and took no action then it can be reviewed but only if the ref says if he had seen the full incident (after reviewing video footage) he would have taken a different course of action. If the ref had booked him then there would be no change to the action taken. Its a very bizarre way of dealing with things.
Every day is a Fulham day

Ronnief

From my view Pieters was fouling Kasami by seriously dragging him back as he was accelerating away. Kasami tried to shrug him off. It should have been a booking for Pieters and no action against Kasami. In past years more skilful players have been sent off when the thugs try and stop them by foul means. Referees should review their decisions when dealing with type of incident and punish those who foul and not those who simply attempt to shrug them off. 

Brown@FFC

Doesn't matter if it was a minor touch, he should of been sent off.

Bill2

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 06, 2013, 11:36:35 AM
We all saw yesterday Stoke still kick and put themselves about despite Pulis departure but no one seems to have picked up on how many times that Stoke players fell to ground clutching there head regardless of where any supposed contact took place. always rolling into a ball clutching their head. Within seconds they were up and sprinting again after having a 'rest' even hardman Shawcross resorted to it a couple of times.

After the 3rd or 4th time I thought it looked rather contrived and started to see a pattern emerge. It generally occurred breaking up play every time we seemed to be on the ascendency as well as the usual pressure on the referee to book our players. Certainly i've never seen a game stopped so many times for 'head' injuries.
I thought it was interesting that when one of their players was down and possibly dead they said we should kick the ball out of play. Yet when they had a player down and they had the ball they kept on playing.

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

horse1031

He didnt touch him.  It was a non issue since he was looking the other way when he whipped his arm back.  People are always using their hands to hold people off behind them.  I know that anything above the neck is usually a red but that is when you are facing the other player and maliciously punch, slap, or grab.  Kasami shouldnt have done it but still was nothing.  Same type of thing as people putting up their elbows and connecting with faces when they jump.