NFR - Andros Townsend

Started by sumofallparts, October 14, 2013, 01:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

I still think Frei would have been good. Time will tell

HatterDon

Quote from: timmyg on October 15, 2013, 06:00:28 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 14, 2013, 02:42:08 PM
From what I saw, he's an quick attacking winger. He is NOT the kind of player that we've been interested in the past few seasons. Spreading the attack, turning defenders, getting behind the center backs -- this is NOT Martin Jol Sexy Football.

If by "spreading the attack, turning defenders, getting behind the center backs," you mean taking low percentage potshots from outside the box, we already have that in Taarabt.

You obviously didn't watch either of the England matches the last few days. And "getting behind the center backs" tends to increase the percentages a bit, or do you disagree?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

Townsend is everything Lennon should have been.... Genuine quality

Been awesome for spurs this season, and deserved his chance in the England set up.... So pacey and direct. The only player I can resemble him to at Fulham is dejagah. But I think Townsend is on another level.

CorkedHat

In days gone by we had players like that coming out from everywhere. Leggat, Barrett, Earle, Key, Conway, to name a few. We didn't always win because our defence was so bad, but they were still exciting times. 092.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

SmithyFFC

Quote from: MOR : on October 14, 2013, 02:27:27 PM
Shame we let Frei go this season as he would have been our "Andros Townsend"...

Too true.
FTID

leonffc

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 17, 2013, 11:08:45 PM
Quote from: MOR : on October 14, 2013, 02:27:27 PMShame we let Frei go this season as he would have been our "Andros Townsend"...

Too true.

Not really. Townsend runs AT defenders and can use either foot. Frei tended to run across the pitch.
 He's more Aaron Lennon than Andros Townsend

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on October 14, 2013, 02:42:08 PM
From what I saw, he's an quick attacking winger. He is NOT the kind of player that we've been interested in the past few seasons. Spreading the attack, turning defenders, getting behind the center backs -- this is NOT Martin Jol Sexy Football.

Mr HD i have come to the conclusion that even if we were talking about some paint that had not dried you would find some way to blame Jol.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't