watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Timbers vs Sounders

Started by God The Mechanic, October 14, 2013, 04:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Did anyone watch this last night?  The obvious FFC connection for Seattle with Hahnemann in goal.

Thought it was a pretty good game, very much the blood and thunder you would have seen watching the Premier League 10 maybe 15 years ago.  Lots of gusto and fight, but not always technically the best.  Nagbe again impressed for Portland, but some of the tackles were... agricultural at best.

Clint doesn't seem to have made the impact (at least) I was expecting him to have done.  Very much the same case with Beckham when he first moved over where it was pretty much a free-for-all against him.  There were some outrageous fouls going unpunished!

And the hilariously stupid red card.  Really good fun.  Even if I regretted getting 3 1/2 hours sleep before getting up for work today.

Forever Fulham

"Agricultural" tackles... Not sure I know what that means, but it sounds like rough house style.  Hope the game is rebroadcast tonight.  Allowing such physical play would only weaken our prospects in international  tournaments where such practice is less tolerated.  And it stifles technical skills improvement.  Why bother to develop such finer skills if a defender can just bash you without punishment? 

btings

I was at this game!  I'm in Portland for work and had to go check it out.  Fun atmosphere.

Clint doesn't seem comfortable in the Seattle side yet - not quite sure of when to make his runs, etc.  Though I have questions about how that team is coached.  They've got so much talent, but they never seem to have a plan except to try to overpower people.