watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mexico's Reaction to the U.S. goals -- You can't make this stuff up

Started by Forever Fulham, October 16, 2013, 06:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

I found myself actually cheering Tejada's goal. I thought Panama was the better side on the day and looked scrappy both in the Hex and in last summer's Gold Cup. They are one or two players away from heading to Brazil. I think I now truly understand that crap ardido. I wished evil (non qualifying) on El Tripe. That is not usually in my nature but the way Mexican immigrants boo the National Anthem when the US plays Mexico bugs the devil out of me. I live in the LA area which is near 60% Chicano, great people, loyal, hard working, respectful of all things until you toss in a soccer ball. I'm that way as well until you toss in some tequila. Hmm, seems to be some reverse symmetry there.  LOL
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Forever Fulham

And then there's Chivas USA...  Why doesn't he just move the team to Tijuana?

YankeeJim

Why don't the Galaxy just drop all their players of Mexican decent? Aside from the lawsuits, it would be stupid to deny your team such a large part of the talent pool. Course, there is some equality in the way that Chivas & the Mexican national side have been playing of late.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Forever Fulham

We probably aren't disagreeing with one another.  All of the clubs (and their respective fans) save Chivas broadly welcome players from everywhere, of any origin/ethnicity.  Something's rotten about that club.

btings

Chivas/MLS has pretty openly been run as a second-tier subsidiary of Chivas/Liga MX. They make bad trades because they seem to assume they can round out the squad with loans from the Mexican side.  It hasn't worked.