News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who remembers these - and who nicked Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, October 22, 2013, 03:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Holders

Yes, I remember those. I used to wonder why we were always about 18th!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Ged

yes i remember
i think it came with Shoot Magazine
You collected the teams each week until you had them all
typical for fulham to be the last team to collect

Holders

They were much earlier than Shoot - mid-60s certainly - but I suppose they might have run on into that era.

LBNo11

Quote from: Holders on October 22, 2013, 04:13:25 PM
They were much earlier than Shoot - mid-60s certainly - but I suppose they might have run on into that era.

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

St Eve

Absolutley. Great fun on a Sat night bdefore I got the evening news

Ged

Shoot Wikipedia from 1969
The weekly magazine was also known for its annual free gift of "Shoot League Ladders". This consisted of a thin card sheet on which were printed blank league tables for each division of The Football League, with a slit in the card alongside each position on the tables. Also given away were T-shaped "tabs" for each club in the league (printed in the appropriate team colours) which could be fitted into the slits to indicate where each team currently stood in the league table. As the season progressed and teams moved up and down the table, their tabs could be moved to new slits accordingly.

ffc73

I got these in the 70s but I cannot recall if it was from Shoot or Roy of the Rovers.
You definitely knew summer was over & back to school when this arrived & were constructed. Slight breeze from an open window & they went everywhere

Holders

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 22, 2013, 05:52:24 PM

QED

Valiant was 1960s and we were 18th.

Travers Barney

I used to love these...and in them days they never used to publish the league tables until after three games or so...on the rare occasions we started off with a thumping victory it was a valuable aid.

coyw
We are the whites

RaySmith

Brings back memories.

I used to  pin them on my wall in the early 60s, and did change the positions, but probably got  fed up as the season went on, and Fulham  sunk to near the bottom.

TheDaddy

Were still going in the late seventies / eighties
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "