watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz

Started by Walsh, October 22, 2013, 04:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btings

Yes, he played on the left at least once in the CR friendlies.  It was, IIRC, his best game of the three.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: fulhamben on October 23, 2013, 02:13:20 PM
Quote from: Humbled on October 23, 2013, 02:10:13 PM
Ruiz has this amazing knack of getting goals credited to him that aren't his and it also seems assists....

Struggle to rate him anywhere near as highly as most on this forum however I think a lot of that is down to Berbatov. As for being our best passer, that shocks me. I think he gives the ball away more than anyone else.

He has qualities though, I am just waiting to see them on a consistent basis.
He played wide on Monday and if everyone was fit he would be my 4th choice out wide.
he gives the ball away more because he is usually the only one trying to play it forwards. I have no doubt that if he adopted the sidwell and parker method of passing (sideways and backwards) then he would have a 100% pass accuracy in every game
[/quote

Totally agree FB.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Bassey the warrior

He did fine when he had the ball, just that no one would pass to him.

Berbasilk_111

Again with Ruíz, the same problem lies with him and Darren bent in the sense that there is just no link between the midfield and the attack, hence why he can't get the ball in dangerous positions such as in and around the 18 yard box, where I'm sure he will be very effective. Sidwell and Parker, good players as they are in terms of workrate, tackling ability and desire, need to have more of an attacking mentality about them in order for this to happen. Need to cut out some of that sideways/backward passing.

Brown@FFC

Ruiz is the best crosser of the ball we have, apart from Duff. He is our best passer of the ball, even if the stats don't credit it. He has clearly got his starting place at RM, and if he consistently works on his game, like a true professional should, he will hopefully, and finally, blossom to the type of player he should be.

King_Crud

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 24, 2013, 10:44:20 AM
Ruiz is the best crosser of the ball we have, apart from Duff. He is our best passer of the ball, even if the stats don't credit it. He has clearly got his starting place at RM, and if he consistently works on his game, like a true professional should, he will hopefully, and finally, blossom to the type of player he should be.

he's been here for two full seasons and people keep saying he'll blossom. Is there a limit on how much time he can be given?

Brown@FFC

Quote from: King_Crud on October 24, 2013, 11:46:11 AM

he's been here for two full seasons and people keep saying he'll blossom. Is there a limit on how much time he can be given?

He has been shifted positions, and he is now consistently playing at RM, his preferred position. I think he is too weak for the CF role.

Humbled

Berba or Ruiz not both.......

MrProphet

Quote from: Brown@FFC on October 24, 2013, 11:53:11 AM
Quote from: King_Crud on October 24, 2013, 11:46:11 AM

He has been shifted positions, and he is now consistently playing at RM, his preferred position. I think he is too weak for the CF role.

He is to weak for the premiership he has no pace and can't beat a man how on earth can he be our first choice?
Completely agree about time after the first season he should have spent the summer in the gym on strength work as he is far to lightweight. There has been no change in him since he has been here

As for crossing..... congratulations on a professional footballer clearing the first man at a corner. I must say Monday is the first time this season I think we have managed it.