News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I have not been this nervous before a game in ages..

Started by cottage cheese, October 21, 2013, 01:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

Have I made the right decision to go? ha

I just hope the team makes an effort in turning up, as I have bloody well have!

epsomraver

Quote from: cottage cheese on October 21, 2013, 01:12:57 PM
Have I made the right decision to go? ha

I just hope the team makes an effort in turning up, as I have bloody well have!

Must be lonely there then, gates don't open till 6.30 :005:

JBH

If your nervous just think how Jol is feeling  :028:

RaySmith

I'm always nervous before games, especially recently - i really want Jol and the team to succeed, but not as nervous as  as i might be, at this stage of the season - just think if we were playing Palace and were both in the same position near the end of the season!

But Jol's precarious status does give the games an added  importance, and the fact that it's Palace , who  regarded as beatable, rather than just another London derby all makes this game even more nerve racking in anticipation than usual.

There is also the fact that  even if we are winning , or drawing away, the last five minutes are excruciating in case we concede...... again.

farfouille

Man, I've never been so nervous before a game! I perceive this match as a milestone - either we go up, or we go down, down, down... I think I will be standing in front of the TV during the whole thing.  :clap_hands:
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

alfie

Quote from: farfouille on October 21, 2013, 02:16:17 PM
Man, I've never been so nervous before a game! I perceive this match as a milestone - either we go up, or we go down, down, down... I think I will be standing in front of the TV during the whole thing.  :clap_hands:

I have developed very high blood pressure so i tend not to worry about these things i can do nothing about,
what will be will be
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sammyffc

im really nervous aswell , was going to go but its effort to get back to where i live from london. So sky sports will be on and i suppose i'll have to get the misses some flowers so she shuts up during the game :) haha

fulhamfan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3689214.stm

QuoteC Palace 2-0 Fulham

Crystal Palace lifted themselves off the bottom of the Premiership with a deserved victory over 10-man Fulham.

The visitors began poorly as Ian Pearce was red-carded after five minutes for impeding Andy Johnson's run on goal.

Johnson fired home a fine opener on 53 minutes, blasting the ball between Edwin van der Sar's legs from close range after Aki Riihilahti's pass.

Riihilahti then netted his first Palace goal since November 2002 with a strong header after Wayne Routledge's corner.

Johnson - who was lively all match, if occasionally wayward - had already smashed an opportunity into the legs of Van der Sar, before Pearce got his marching orders.

The 30-year-old former West Ham centre-back made a hash of a back pass to Van der Sar and blocked Johnson's run leaving referee Mike Riley little option.

The visitors reshuffled, bringing on Alain Goma for Tomasz Radzinski.

But Riihilahti sent a header wide as Palace dominated possession without producing a killer final ball.

Mark Pembridge produced a rare penetrating cross on 39 minutes, but was left bemused as Johnson contrived to head wide from five yards.

Emmerson Boyce also hammered in a long-range effort minutes before the interval, but Van der Sar was equal to it.

Palace finally made the breakthrough they threatened in the first half with a fine goal.

Johnson will take the plaudits for his assured finish, but it was Riihilahti's superb first time pass which created the opportunity for the young striker.

Fulham were stung into action and Steed Malbranque fired a long-range effort into the body of the under-worked Gabor Kiraly.

Well done Palace on your first win and may there be many more to come
From Geoff
Have your say on 606

But Palace continued to press and looked more likely to score than their beleaguered visitors, and it was little surprise when they doubled their lead with 21 minutes remaining.

Riihilahti turned from provider to scorer, rising unmarked to power Wayne Routledge's corner past the flailing Van der Sar.

Palace's Ivan Kaviedes saw a shot saved by Van der Sar after a mazy run as the home side looked for a third.

Johnson then saw a convincing-looking penalty claim waved away, although Fulham's Luis Boa Morte was twice denied by Kiraly inside a minute.

Yet Palace had a flurry of chances late on there was still time for Johnson to miss an absolute sitter, pulling the ball wide after breaking clean through, while Kaviedes blasted against the post in the final minutes.

Joonas Kolkka then saw a deflected shot whistle just over as Palace finished strongly.

Crystal Palace: Kiraly, Boyce, Popovic, Hall (Sorondo 45), Granville, Watson, Routledge (Lakis 72), Riihilahti (Kaviedes 74), Hughes, Kolkka, Johnson.
Subs Not Used: Speroni, Torghelle.

Booked: Johnson.

Goals: Johnson 53, Riihilahti 69.

Fulham: Van der Sar, Volz, Pearce, Knight, Green, Malbranque, McKinlay, Pembridge, Boa Morte, McBride (John 62), Radzinski (Goma 9), Goma (Bocanegra 62).
Subs Not Used: Crossley, Rehman.

Sent Off: Pearce (6).

Booked: Bocanegra.

Att: 21,825

Ref: M Riley (W Yorkshire).

RaySmith

Anyone else remember when we played at Selhurst Park, and Georgie Best broke Palace captain's Ian Evan's leg in a tackle.

Palace fans hated us  for ages after that.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

bill taylors apprentice

I feel quite calm about the whole thing.
Either we will be served up much the same as usual i.e. crap, or we will have benefited from the the break, sorted ourselves out and will tear them apart. ( don't bet on it! )

Lose and Jol is closer to the chop, win and it could kick start the season.
To be honest I think the team selection tonight now everyone is fit, tells us more about how the seasons will turn out than the result.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: RaySmith on October 21, 2013, 05:14:36 PM
Anyone else remember when we played at Selhurst Park, and Georgie Best broke Palace captain's Ian Evan's leg in a tackle.

Palace fans hated us  for ages after that.

Yes and I remember when the players were brought back on the pitch from the dressing rooms because the ref had blown too early

Admin

I'm really, really nervous. Couldn't face going tonight, and won't watch it on the box either. I'll follow on here, or wait for my phone to frantically buzz with updates from my Sky Sport app.

Like above, I think the game tonight is make or break for both Martin Jol and Fulham. Lose tonight and I think it's safe to say we'll be down there fighting it out, and Jol will be sacked.

Win, and I can see us pushing on after this game edging further away from the likes of Palace, Norwich etc.

If I'm perfectly honest, I don't think Jol has any room for excuses tonight. He's had a 2 week break to steady the ship, HIS players, HIS squad are back to full fitness, and we have the individual quality to punish Palace tonight.

If we serve up the same dross as always, then I really think it's safe to say we've got out answer. Especially after Jol has been bigging this one up! 

WhiteJC

can we all be nervous for the Southampton game, if we become even a little bit confident I fear the worse

SP

I've just watched the highlights & the look on Jol's face when Palace scored really does suggest he felt he was drinking in the last chance saloon.