more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol either win or walk today please.

Started by cottage cheese, October 29, 2013, 01:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2013, 05:35:35 PM

I mentioned the goalkeeper being injured just to highlight that not all the players we have, have been available for the poor run we had,
Is that the poor run where over the last 38 lge games we have averaged less than a point per game?

Arthur

Quote from: epsomraver on October 29, 2013, 02:07:47 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 29, 2013, 01:40:15 PM
He's had backing, 5m on a GK, 11m on a thirty goal a season player whobhas had that coached out of him. He has one of the most skillful players to wear a white shirt, an England int who coat 24m at one stage, a cm player who played for England recently.
He has the tools but he's not using them correctly.

Spot on, I am amazed anyone can still think up excuses for the state of the team and tactics.

Yes, Jol spent 5M on a goalkeeper, but this is not evidence of our manager under-achieving - goalkeeper being one of only two positions in the team with which no one on this forum is dissatisfied (the other being right-back, of course).

Berbatov's skilfulness is outweighed only by his apathy. (Jol's shortcoming in this instance is not that he is misusing this particular 'tool', but that he hasn't realised that it's not the right one for the job and put it back in the box.)

Given their time again, would Villa still fork out £24M for Bent? Not a chance!

And the ex-England international is now 33 years-of-age and entering the twilight of his career - despite which, it is likely he will still, over the course of the season, prove to be one of our more influential players.

Granted, Ruiz's poor goalscoring record can be levelled against Jol. However, to imply that we might have expected him to score anything close to 30 goals-a-season is fallacious.

Pluto

I don't expect us to to win every week or even get points from the likes of Southampton, but I do expect us to at least COMPETE with those sorts of sides and look like we belong at this level, as we should do since we've been in this division over a decade. Saturday was like watching Bayern Munich play Aldershot Town. If that doesn't change Jol has to go because there's just no excuse.

Hammer Smith

It is very strange to think how much we attacked - convincingly, with many of the same players, in some of our early away matches last season such as at Reading - in the second half, and at Arsenal but then a whole year later we've achieved a disturbing consistency whereby we create so few chances on a regular basis home and away and look so disjointed - even at Palace we didn't have that many goal scoring opportunities although this match at least demonstrated that there's still some talent in the squad, but you'd struggle to realise this most of the time. We're certainly worse than we were under the same manager. Time for a change but I doubt this will happen in the immediate future. For those who've been around a long time the current despondency brings back vivid memories of days when relegation was quite a regular occurrence. All very depressing and extremely frustrating as the likes of Swansea and Southampton show us what we could achieve.  If things continue as they are, which I fear will happen, it'll be time for a lot of our hard core fans to express the deep passion that many of us feel about this wonderful club and really put pressure on "the board" to make a positive change.

Jims Dentist

How can Jol even consider Berbatov as a Captain/Vice Captain ( despite other absentees ).

This is so indicative of so much that is wrong at the moment.

Surely there are others you would pick before the arrogant, lazy, sulking machine. Scott Parker for just one.

MJG

9 shots to 1 at HT. Do you need it spelt out to you why he should go?

Holders

Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 29, 2013, 08:23:17 PM
How can Jol even consider Berbatov as a Captain/Vice Captain ( despite other absentees ).

This is so indicative of so much that is wrong at the moment.

Surely there are others you would pick before the arrogant, lazy, sulking machine. Scott Parker for just one.

I seriously wonder if he has it in his contract that he has to play league games.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cottage cheese

Please just go Jol for the sake of this club.

Buffalo76

JDH101

Quote from: Pluto on October 29, 2013, 07:35:33 PM
I don't expect us to to win every week or even get points from the likes of Southampton, but I do expect us to at least COMPETE with those sorts of sides and look like we belong at this level, as we should do since we've been in this division over a decade. Saturday was like watching Bayern Munich play Aldershot Town. If that doesn't change Jol has to go because there's just no excuse.

:plus one:

Berbasilk_111

Quote from: MJG on October 29, 2013, 01:40:15 PM
Enoughs enough FFC1987, if we are not far off a decent team then why is Jol not getting them to produce better performances?
Why are we letting every team have 20 shots a game.
Why are we only having anywhere from 1-5 shots in most games?
How can be play a team and spend only 58 seconds of the match in their box?
Where is there a game plan?
No matter what team you are from a Sunday pub side to Barcelona you should have some kind of plan of how to play, I don't see one.
You think we have had tricky fixtures up to now look at the next ten.
He's had backing, 5m on a GK, 11m on a thirty goal a season player whobhas had that coached out of him. He has one of the most skillful players to wear a white shirt, an England int who coat 24m at one stage, a cm player who played for England recently.
He has the tools but he's not using them correctly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
superb points