watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When the chips are down

Started by Admin, November 04, 2013, 10:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

On Sunday, I popped into my local Tesco's to pick up a couple of bits for during the week. As soon as I walked in, I passed two Tesco's employee's working the fruit and veg section, both United fans, discussing the weekends game and gloating over the score. Instantly put me in a bad mood.

Three or four isles later, would you believe it, a customer in a Leicester top talking to another guy, again gloating about the result midweek. Felt really low after this and thought my day couldn't get any worse.

Walked out to the car park and someone had sideswiped my car and driven off. I was 3 bays away from it being caught on camera.

Life's a bit poo being a Fulham fan right now. 

mungos beans

It certainly is fulhamish I have had the worst bad luck in the last 2 years you wouldnt believe. Cherry on the cake is jol taking us down a division.

The Bronsons

The dogs got fleas - first time in seven years - and when I parked at the vets to pick up the insecticide I noticed the exhaust hanging down underneath the car.

I suspect the feng shui in the ground has been affected by Khan's moustache.

Forever Fulham

My cat of 16 years is dying and I don't have the heart to have her put down.  We are dog people but she's been the best pet we've ever had.  Life is strange that way.  Fulhamish, I guess.  She keeps vomiting on the carpet, and I or the Missus keep cleaning it up.  Jol out!

fulham traveller

all this means we will draw 0-0 at anfield

Beamer

Hi FF, As someone who has faced your dilemma many times please ask yourself this question 'who are we keeping her alive for' is it for her or to save you the feeling of having 'killed' her. It is always a horrible problem but if the vet says that she is suffering unnecessarily then do the right thing. It will hurt but you will have the comfort of knowing you did the best thing for her. We always stayed with ours while the vet injected them (cats and dogs) and it is comforting to know that they slipped away quietly and painlessly. You will miss her like mad for ages but it passes and later you look back on the pleasure she gave you and you to her.
Good luck.

Holders

Quote from: Admin on November 04, 2013, 10:53:14 PM
On Sunday, I popped into my local Tesco's to pick up a couple of bits for during the week. As soon as I walked in, I passed two Tesco's employee's working the fruit and veg section, both United fans, discussing the weekends game and gloating over the score. Instantly put me in a bad mood.

Three or four isles later, would you believe it, a customer in a Leicester top talking to another guy, again gloating about the result midweek. Felt really low after this and thought my day couldn't get any worse.

Walked out to the car park and someone had sideswiped my car and driven off. I was 3 bays away from it being caught on camera.

It would be Fulhamish if the car that hit yours had been caught on camera - and had Fulham stickers.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Peabody

Quote from: mungos beans on November 04, 2013, 11:14:52 PM
It certainly is fulhamish I have had the worst bad luck in the last 2 years you wouldnt believe. Cherry on the cake is jol taking us down a division.

So us being relegated is the "cherry on the cake"" is it?

Jimpav

Quote from: Holders on November 05, 2013, 07:59:50 AM

It would be Fulhamish if the car that hit yours had been caught on camera - and had Fulham stickers.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it was being driven by a balding, overweight chap with an NL number plate.

the nutflush

I had a disastrous days punting on the Melbourne Cup.  10 races.  Backed two horses for win and place in some races and not one collect.  Good to see Red Cadeaux run another huge race.  I backed it two years ago when it lost by the width of a pubic hair.  I think its the only horse ever to run second in two Melbourne cups. 

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Forever Fulham on November 05, 2013, 12:00:12 AM
My cat of 16 years is dying and I don't have the heart to have her put down.  We are dog people but she's been the best pet we've ever had.  Life is strange that way.  Fulhamish, I guess.  She keeps vomiting on the carpet, and I or the Missus keep cleaning it up.  Jol out!

Hi FF

Is it food she is vomiting or by any chance could it be fur balls?

Our cat is older & has been doing the same - but it isn't food it's fur

Otherwise be kind & do the proper thing by seeing the vet & think on the happy times

All the best

Burt

All relatively benign in the Burt household.

Only things to grumble about are:
- Burt Jr is meant to be revising for his mocks, but isn't, even though his Playstation has been banished. I guess he needs to get through the withdrawl symptoms.
- The beetroot splash I have just made on my white shirt. Not a recommended look.

Re the cat issue, agree with AVHLC, I have two cats and one of them has been prone to this and leaves little deposits around the place.

Forever Fulham

Just to quickly respond and then to say no more about it, Caroline the Cat sometimes throws up a mix of hair ball and 'stuff', and sometimes only partially digested food.  She's on a special diet now (after a small fortune in vet bills) of food that's supposed to be so mild and easy going down that she shouldn't be throwing up.  Vet offered to do an ultrasound to "look for blockage" but for a LOT of money.  And, he said, if they find a blockage, she's too old for surgery.  My wife smartly asked, "Then why do an ultrasound?"  We didn't get a satisfactory answer.  So now we're down to feeding her little portions many times a day, rather than one or two meals a day.  It's cut down the barf episodes, but not completely.  This weekend, installers are replacing the carpet in our family room with hardwood flooring.  My wife is getting increasingly desperate with this cat.  Lately, she's taken to referring to it as "your cat".   I've told the cat it's on borrowed time and to get its act together, but all it does is look at me, jump onto my lap, and purr.  It's kind of like wanting Jol out, replaced with a better manager.  I am a powerless witness.  Only, Jol doesn't purr; he gives me no pleasure or comfort.  He just keeps saying stupid things which I've tried to chalk up to issues with a second language. 

premFlem

Male pattern balding, thanks alot mr Jol !.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Holders

Quote from: Jimpav on November 05, 2013, 09:17:20 AM
Quote from: Holders on November 05, 2013, 07:59:50 AM

I have a sneaky suspicion that it was being driven by a balding, overweight chap with an NL number plate.

The Germans joke that NL stands for nur langsam (only slowly) which could be the reason for the pace of our build-up play.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Rhys Lightning 63

Not that I believe in curses or jinxes or anything, but I can see where you're coming from

We played handball on Saturday and lost 28-9 (with all our goals coming from one player), we get to play the best team in the league this weekend and our #1 goalscorer isn't playing.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Vinnieffc

Awww come on guys, look on the bright side. I played a Country & Western song backwards yesterday. I got a job, my dog came back to life, my wife came back to me and my burned house mysteriously rebuilt itself.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

When the chips are down ??????

Isn't that the precursor to something good happening

There is nothing  good about devils and foxes south of the Watford Gap  :022:

The Rock

It ain't great out there, but there should always be time for an inspirational quote.

"It's easy to grin
when your ship comes in
and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat".

Judge Smails

SmithyFFC

Couple of my flat mates are United fans, so had to put up with a bit of banter about the weekend the last few days. Another couple are Arsenal fans, who are far to happy about there own teams current position for my liking. Plus my best mates a Liverpool fan, so will be in for a long torrid of abuse when we get battered by them.
FTID