Jol's coaching/fitness backroom team?

Started by bill taylors apprentice, November 06, 2013, 03:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

The Fulham player don't seem unfit to me.

It would be madness, surely, for a Prem team not to  maximize their potential in such a competitive league by being as fit as possible, and to pay for the best coaches.

Also, I would think the players themselves  take a close interest in  their own fitness.

I don't see evidence of being unfit - we usually keep going to the end, as against MU, and the last minute goals conceded aren't to do with fitness, but more psychological and lack of confidence factors.

Nero

http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/staff/scott-miller

Scott Miller   First Team Fitness/Assistant Technical Coach
Since joining the Club in 2007, Scott Miller has risen to become a prominent member of the Fulham staff.

Scott's role has changed significantly during his time at the Fulham Football Club, and he now occupies the role of First Team Fitness/Assistant Technical Coach, having previously focused solely on a fitness perspective.

Working daily with the First Team squad enables him to utilise his sports science, psychology and football coaching qualifications in delivering a modern approach to football fitness, technical football and player preparation.

Pioneering and bridging the gap between injury prevention, football fitness and technical coaching, Scott has been involved in the recent success at Fulham Football Club culminating in the Europa League Final and top 10 finishes in the Barclays Premier League.

So he only does it part time now with "techincal coaching" doesn't show does it

aFFCn_Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on November 08, 2013, 08:39:29 AM

I don't see evidence of being unfit - we usually keep going to the end, as against MU, and the last minute goals conceded aren't to do with fitness, but more psychological and lack of confidence factors.

I agree that the players themselves will take a close interest in their own fitness, but there are levels of fitness. Some coaches will be more concerned with squad fitness, than others.

Let's use the game against Southampton as an example, we were outrun all over the park. Southampton played such a high tempo because they are fit enough to. The commentators mentioned that to be that fit they need to be trained very hard, and 'the players hate it but when you see the results'.

I also think the fitter you are against opposition, the more likely you are to have better focus in those dying minutes. 
@hincharoo

MJG

Its a combination of the age of the squad and fitness that has led us to let in so many late goals.
As games enter the last 20 minutes you can visibly see us drop deeper and tired bodies lead to tired minds.
An average age of 29/30 compared to a lge average of 26/27 is always going to be falling into this situation.

One of the first things a new manager will say at Fulham is about the fitness of the squad and also players will talk about it.
A lot of our players play at walking pace and not many have that burst of speed even over 5-10 yards. This is something that should be looked at as well.Under Roy it was talked about players having a very low fat reading. I suspect its a lot higher now.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: MJG on November 08, 2013, 09:39:46 AM
Its a combination of the age of the squad and fitness that has led us to let in so many late goals.
As games enter the last 20 minutes you can visibly see us drop deeper and tired bodies lead to tired minds.
An average age of 29/30 compared to a lge average of 26/27 is always going to be falling into this situation.

One of the first things a new manager will say at Fulham is about the fitness of the squad and also players will talk about it.
A lot of our players play at walking pace and not many have that burst of speed even over 5-10 yards. This is something that should be looked at as well.Under Roy it was talked about players having a very low fat reading. I suspect its a lot higher now.
Absolutely agree with relative fitness argument.