watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (09/11/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, November 09, 2013, 08:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham Target Tomas Rincon Threatens To Walk Away From Hamburg Unless Their Contract Offer Improves

Venezuelan tells Germans he is ready to quit.

Fulham target Tomas Rincon has told current club Hamburg that he is ready to quit if they don't improve their offer of a new contract, Sky Sports reports.

The 25-year-old is out of contract with the Bundesliga side at the end of the season and has been consistently linked with a move to England as Fulham are reported to be keen on bringing him on board at Craven Cottage. Stoke City and Sunderland are also said to be interested.

Hamburg are thought to be hoping to keep him, but the midfielder has taken issue with the proposed wages on offer.

"I love Hamburger SV. But I will not accept this offer I have received," he told Hamburger Morgenpost.

"I know all about my value to the market and if we cannot agree, I will have to go."

However, Hamburg general managerOliver Kreuzer appears to be unwilling to up the offer from what has already been placed on the table.

"Tomas Eduardo Rincon has been handed a good contract offer. I don't have a queasy conscience. Either he is accepting it. Or he does not."

Rincon joined Hamburg back in 2009 from Deportivo Tachira and has gone on to make nearly 100 appearances during that time.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/11/09/fulham-target-tomas-rincon-threatens-to-walk-away-from-hamburg-unless-their-contract-offer-improves/?

WhiteJC

Jol On Suarez

If Fulham are to come away from Anfield on Saturday afternoon with a positive result then a resolute defensive display will be needed as the Whites come up against one of the Barclays Premier League's most fearsome partnerships.

Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez have scored 14 goals between them in 10 games so far this season, and the latter is a man Martin Jol rates highly following their time together at Ajax.

"I still feel there's no-one better than him in the box," the Fulham Manager insisted. "I don't mean that he is a box player like a number nine getting on the end of crosses. No, if he's in the box with the ball then you can't stop him because he goes through you or he goes for goal and he scores.

"He scored 53 goals with me in one year. Luis Suarez is always in the top three as a top scorer. He's either the number nine or the second striker – [but] he can play on the flank as well, because that is what he did in Groningen before he went to Ajax. So I think if you judge a forward player on his goals, I'm not sure if there's a second one like him.

"I tell them [the players] what I know of him. I know his style, I know what he will do but it's always about my players. They have to defend well against what he intends to do because he's quite impulsive in his game. It's not easy to defend against him because he's a bit unpredictable in his style."

Liverpool's front pairing have formed a great understanding this season and when asked if he was surprised at their cohesion, Jol - who made Suarez captain during his time in Amsterdam - explained that he was already well aware of his abilities when operating alongside a strike partner.

The Dutchman stated: "I can remember other people reacting the same when I had a player in Holland to combine him with and people said it's impossible for Luis to do that because he wants to be the number one, but that is not true.

"He's a team player and he could play with Dimitar Berbatov. He played with Mounir El Hamdaoui, if you know that name, he played with [Marko] Pantelić. So that is the great thing; it's not about him. He's always happy for his team and for other players to do well.

"He's actually quiet off the pitch. He's not outspoken, he's not someone who will fight people but on the pitch he wants to win. I can remember at the World Cup he saved a goal [for Uruguay against Ghana] – it was ridiculous because he looked like a goalkeeper and then they had a penalty and he was sent off and he was cheering when they missed. That is him – he's a winner."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/november/09/jol-on-suarez?

WhiteJC

Jol: 'I Have No Fear' - Fulham Fans In Fury, Demand Immediate Disposal Of Under-#64257;Re Manager

'Jol out!' As Fulham faced their third consecutive defeat last Saturday at Craven Cottage against Manchester United, Manager Martin Jol was scolded by the 'boo-boys', and told to leave Fulham.

Fulham fans, who have witnessed their club lose seven of their last nine Premier League encounters weren't impressed with last week's Manchester United match, but rather demotivated their own team, who started cheering when they realised Bryan Ruiz was coming off, and jeered as he left the pitch.

The Frivolous Fulham fans also ridiculed the Cottagers' manager Martin Jol, repeatedly chanting "Jol out!" and harmoniously singing "You don't know what you're doing," when he took of Scott Parker - however, the 57-year-old rejected claims of his departure from Fulham, stating he "Does not fear. Sometimes I worry if the supporters are at my back, but on the other hand it is better that they are on my back than the players' back,"

And despite a woeful performance, Jol went on to defend Bryan Ruiz, who has been struggling to make his mark this season - Ruiz was like Jol, also subject to abuse by his so-called supporters, and was met with a meticulous mix of cheers and boos as he was subbed off during the 74th minute. Despite the fiasco, Jol said that the chiding received by Ruiz "was very disappointing," and that it was "very, very frustrating for him and very disappointing for him. He wanted my supporters to stay behind his players,"

Jol, who revealed the player had been struggling for consistency, said that "Maybe they don't need me. They need Bryan Ruiz, believe me." He remained positive, and further added "Sometimes he is my best player and sometimes he gets caught on the ball. They have to get used to him and if they don't, we've got a problem because I need Bryan."

However, the Dutchman seemed promising, and insisted that "In the past they used to say 'have no fear, Martin is here,"

The big question now is whether the former international can live up to his old, glorious reputation, in advance for this weeks match at Anfield - he mentioned that he is not worried about away matches against Liverpool and United, but rather focused on home matches, and has said he will be under renewed pressure by the fans and administrative board of the club.

Despite the debacle, Fulham owner Shahid Khan has not complained to the manager yet - but Jol, who is currently down in the dumps, said he is ready to receive critical remarks from the chairman any day - all that we can hope for, is that the manager gets his game together, and continues pushing onwards throughout the Premier League

http://www.sport.co.uk/football/jol-i-have-no-fear-fulham-fans-in-fury-demand-immediat/4481711/?