more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A reply from Tommy Guthrie

Started by OdecaMynoT, November 11, 2013, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangoputney

Quote from: grandad on November 11, 2013, 06:29:38 PM
Good on you Tommy Guthrie. Some people have short memories. Perhaps some were not even born when we were in the 4th tier.

With all respect grandad, FFC are the family team (ST) yet I still go to watch my hometown team Luton... I can assure you Conference footie ain't pretty and FFC small team, remember where we came from mentality infuriates me... why shouldn't FFC have a right to be in the Prem???

the last 'calendar season' has been dire (last 38 games) & unless the club sorts out itself about sharpish it might by luton v FFC sooner rather than later
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Burt

Hold on a sec, I am not sure what people's expectations of Tommy are.

I am sure he is as frustrated as the rest of us about what is going on. But does anyone really expect him to respond to a mail saying "I acknowledge what you are saying, I have escalated it to the management, and hopefully Jol will be gone by the end of the year"??

Not realistic.

Under the circumstances, the response he gave was one he didn't have to give. He empathised, made it personal to the mail the receiver sent, and said that the concerns were being escalated up.

Given the volume of mails he is probably receiving, he could quite easily have not responded at all, or just copied a stock "thank you for your message, I will be passing this on" sort of response.

Fair play to him.

EJL

Quote from: Burt on November 11, 2013, 08:41:25 PM
Hold on a sec, I am not sure what people's expectations of Tommy are.

I am sure he is as frustrated as the rest of us about what is going on. But does anyone really expect him to respond to a mail saying "I acknowledge what you are saying, I have escalated it to the management, and hopefully Jol will be gone by the end of the year"??

Not realistic.

Under the circumstances, the response he gave was one he didn't have to give. He empathised, made it personal to the mail the receiver sent, and said that the concerns were being escalated up.

Given the volume of mails he is probably receiving, he could quite easily have not responded at all, or just copied a stock "thank you for your message, I will be passing this on" sort of response.

Fair play to him.
:plus one:

The Enclosurite

'We all share your frustration with recent results and we do summarise the thoughts of our fans for our Management Board, so thanks for taking the time to contact us with your views.'

I guess this basically means that the actual emails are not being fully passed on.  Filtered?   :49:
¡COYW!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: The Enclosurite on November 11, 2013, 09:13:15 PM
'We all share your frustration with recent results and we do summarise the thoughts of our fans for our Management Board, so thanks for taking the time to contact us with your views.'

I guess this basically means that the actual emails are not being fully passed on.  Filtered?   :49:

The board is certainly not going to give their time to reading all those emails, though they should read a sampling of them or have TG read what he believes is the best approximation of the lot of them.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ron

All the club seem to do is put inane articles on the offal...such as at the moment Senderos announcing that he is disappointed with the results so far, and Parker wanting to build a platform blah blah blah....

It seems that they amongst others are in a better position to end disappointments and build platforms etc. than we the readers of the tripe are, so why don't they stop bleating and start playing....?

Not that it winds me up, you understand.... :031:

nose

Tommy, bless him answered in the only way he could in a sort of arm round the shoulder coporate speak.

But didn't address the problem, namely we have a fast growing cancer within the club and it needs to be cut out otherwise akll that good work will be undone. some of us have been supporters fromn before he got here and after he has gone.... 50+years unbroken season ticket for me and family (pause for gasps and applause) give me credentials enough to know whebn something is wrong, and it is badly wrong now.

Get rid i say, get rid of the manager that is strangling us. we are on the way to championship hell, for sure, no doubt, without question..... can i get an amen...... and the mighty hand of the board should strike now and set us free, say amen one more time......  be rid of him I say, be rid....

Tommy is a fine fellow but what can he do. khan mnust spake and he should spake, change the manager mackintosh, make it so and make it so now.... can i get a final amen!

grandad

Quote from: mungos beans on November 11, 2013, 07:39:33 PM
Still spouting poo again grandad.

Not in the least. Just me posting my feelings which I am entitled to.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Burt

Quote from: grandad on November 11, 2013, 09:42:04 PM
Quote from: mungos beans on November 11, 2013, 07:39:33 PM
Still spouting poo again grandad.

Not in the least. Just me posting my feelings which I am entitled to.

Indeed...

FOF exists for people to say what they think, on the basis that different views can be aired, and that things will not degenerate in to personal abuse etc where opinions do differ.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Burt

ron

Amen granddad!  The Guthrie style oil on troubled waters, and reminding us how far we've come is fine. We do indeed feel grateful that in around 15 years we have travelled up the divisions, but have every right to express our fears that what Jol may well achieve by May next year could possibly take 30 years  to reverse, as it did last time, or maybe never happen at all.

The trouble with PR is that it's all about placating, and not a lot about accepting the truth and debating the fact with the holder of the purse strings.  

Burt

I say again though - given the situation he is in, what do you expect Tommy to be able to say beyond what he has? There is no point in  shooting the messenger, and none of us knows what is going on behind the scenes. The club are aware of the strength of feeling, and we need to trust that the right thing will be done at some stage.

It's just the "right thing" (i.e. what) and the "some stage" (i.e. when) bit that is worrying folk.

Fulham Tup North

092.gif
We got rid of Sanchez and appointed Roy, when things were so bad last time and we nearly left it too late.  Only Goal difference and hard graft kept us up.
Even with a new man at the helm, I doubt the current squad have the balls to fight for this team.
We need a major influx of hard working players not the prima donna's we have at the moment who walk about the pitch afraid of getting their boots dirty or of breaking out into a sweat.
where's Roy when you need him??  fp.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

premFlem

Why should we  need to send emails or post letters... our club fans have three main forums TIFF ...cottagecorner ..and FOF if the powers that be don't  know that they should be ashamed of themselves , all they need to do is view these forums to realise that 95% of our fans want Jol out. Having said that you have to hand it to Jol the man could've bluffed his way out of Colditz...mackintosh and the board are putty in his hands and the club is taking the Blackburn route to nowhere.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Vermeer

Tommy is no doubt a goodfella. But I first was taken to the Cottage in '66. Don't tell me to appreciate history~ i do that every day. What we need is immediate action. History is exciting partly because of the immediate action taken by various people over the years, in awful situations. Doubtless many said to Winston in 1937; " don't worry old chap, we've had a great run since Elizabeth the 1st..".    And a great historian like WSC will have replied; "Action This Day!!"

Jack Fulham

Got to feel sorry for Tommy but can only hope he passes up. I imagine his inbox is getting flooded and rightly so. We can't be ignored forever.

Pluto

I reply to an enquiries mailbox as part of my job and it's pretty soul-destroying stuff. Feel sorry for this guy but credit to him for replying with a personal response rather than just using a template.

NogoodBoyo

Guthie's letter is interesting.
Look for the omissions rather than the platitudes.  No mention of Jol.  No support for Jol. 
Nogood "the silence is deafening, isit" Boyo

Berserker

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on November 12, 2013, 12:34:53 AM
Guthie's letter is interesting.
Look for the omissions rather than the platitudes.  No mention of Jol.  No support for Jol. 
Nogood "the silence is deafening, isit" Boyo

Good point NG boyo, sometimes it's what's not said that is important
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Forever Fulham

The key take-away of value, which is very encouraging in my opinion, is where he wrote:

..."we do summarise the thoughts of our fans for our Management Board"...

I would encourage all upset members of the 'Jol out' group to send him a letter.  It looks like they will be aggregated in the periodic summaries provided to the Management Board.  Wouldn't it be good if a large number of 'Jol out' letters were totalled (with representative highlights) in those summaries presented to the Board?  Your voice will be heard, albeit in a collectivized fashion  ("...another 748 letters this week"... same as last week's 569...Jol must go now; won't buy another ticket until he leaves; and similar comments...the pace of letters keeps increasing...)