watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR. On the market for a new car

Started by Count Berbatov, November 14, 2013, 12:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Berbatov

Oh and the jaguar is amazing. I saw it. I probably will test drive it, for the hack of it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Steven Ageroad

Count, are you looking for a long wheel base car because you're a chauffeur? If you are, then the obvious choice is the M.Benz 350/500SEL, wonderful car. If you want value for money go for a year old Volkswagen Pheaton, it's similar to an Audi A8 with all the bells and whistles but because it does not have the cache of the Audi, prices drop over 50% in the first year. The Audi Q7 is a big lump of a car similar to your BMWx5 but bigger. If you're looking for a dark horse in this lot try the new Jaguar XJ it is superb. My credentials, retired car sales "person" who has been involved in the sale of all the above mentioned vehicles.

Berserker

Oh my heart still sings for a Defender even though Scallysdad tells me I will be hated
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 16, 2013, 06:05:55 AM
Oh and the jaguar is amazing. I saw it. I probably will test drive it, for the hack of it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
You will love it
The 3 litre diesel has a 0-60(mph) of 5.6 sec
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 16, 2013, 09:52:12 AM
Count, are you looking for a long wheel base car because you're a chauffeur? If you are, then the obvious choice is the M.Benz 350/500SEL, wonderful car. If you want value for money go for a year old Volkswagen Pheaton, it's similar to an Audi A8 with all the bells and whistles but because it does not have the cache of the Audi, prices drop over 50% in the first year. The Audi Q7 is a big lump of a car similar to your BMWx5 but bigger. If you're looking for a dark horse in this lot try the new Jaguar XJ it is superb. My credentials, retired car sales "person" who has been involved in the sale of all the above mentioned vehicles.
Hi Steven. I need a spacious car for business, but to occasionally take my family on trips. In my business I meet with people who expect some treatment
I know about the Phaeton. Years ago I looked at it. My impression was that it was discontinued. Here in the states at least.
And yes, I saw the xj. Beautiful.
I am however inclined towards the Audi. It's everything I like except for the ridiculously small trunk. I don't know about the jag, but it's a surprise, how all long wheel base cars come with tiny trunk space.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on November 16, 2013, 09:52:12 AM
With respect, no vehicle naturally loses 50% of its retail value in a year of normal range mileage, wear and tear.  

Forever Fulham

Sunburywhite, there are supercharged new model Jaguar vehicles which will obtain 0-60 mph speed in 5.6 secs---actually, they can do it an astonishing 4.4 secs.  Of course, that model costs in excess of $112,000.  But as to your claim of a 3.0 liter/litre diesel model getting to 60 in 5.6, no, Jaguar's own website asserts:

XJR SWB

... XJ Luxury's 3.0 litre V6 275PS Turbocharged diesel engine performance reaches 0-60mph in 6.0 seconds to match Jaguar's signature ride and ...

http://www.jaguarusa.com/jaguar-range/xj/xj-models/xjr-swb.html