watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, from now to January..

Started by Admin, November 15, 2013, 12:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

How many Manchester United players are we going to be linked with by the Media. I've already seen "René Meulensteen hopes to lure Wilfred Zaha to Fulham", who's next?

Logicalman

Perhaps he'll persuade Fergie our of retirement to manage us. Well, it's as close as we'll ever got to being the Man Utd of the South, isn't it?

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Deanothefulhamfan

So who from united would I take who is not getting much game time;

Zaha would be top of my list - bags of pace and energy, something we are really lacking in the final third.
Anderson - For us to replace Karagounis at the end of the season, would be a decent addition
Buttner - great left back imo , and would instantly go into our team.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 15, 2013, 05:31:55 AM
So who from united would I take who is not getting much game time;

Zaha would be top of my list - bags of pace and energy, something we are really lacking in the final third.
Anderson - For us to replace Karagounis at the end of the season, would be a decent addition
Buttner - great left back imo , and would instantly go into our team.
Anderson is a mystery to me. I love how he gets the ball and charges forward. It's going to be great for Fulham. It's what you are missing. But damn, he looks overweight. Either that, or every summer he expands from the heat or something

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Riversider

As I've just said on another thread, I can see Dutch left back Alexander Buttner joining us in January.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 15, 2013, 07:06:22 AM
Anderson is a mystery to me. I love how he gets the ball and charges forward. It's going to be great for Fulham. It's what you are missing. But damn, he looks overweight. Either that, or every summer he expands from the heat or something

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Whenever Anderson hits a patch of form he always seems to get injured.  He's potentially fantastic, but it just never seems to happen for him. Maybe less pressure will help him become the player he should be?

What about Jesse Lingard?  Started his Birmingham career like an absolute mental, and 5 goals in 6 games ain't a bad record at all.  Could be a decent step up to see if he can make it?

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree Berbatov... he does need to get in shape, but would be a solid player for us if he were to join.

Riversider if this happened I would be delighted, really feel this is an area we drastically need to improve o in January

epsomraver

Quote from: Admin on November 15, 2013, 12:17:53 AM
How many Manchester United players are we going to be linked with by the Media. I've already seen "René Meulensteen hopes to lure Wilfred Zaha to Fulham", who's next?

Has he got a good looking  daughter then? :005:

westcliff white

we are linked with Zaha and Anderson on loan i just read, but we can only get one more loan from a prem club so if thats who we target i would say anderson, a bit of youth next too parker.
Every day is a Fulham day

TonyGilroy

I've checked the regulations.

We're allowed a maximum of 4 domestic loans in a season which must all be from different clubs with no more than two at the same time.

So we can't have Anderson and Zaha and we can't have either unless we can persuade Villa or Rangers to take back Bent or Tarrabt or we have the right to send them back. 

We were told these were season long loans which suggest that we're stuck with them.

FFC1987

If Anderson was to come, maybe we could spend Adel, Bent and Anderson to some sort of boot camp to get fit!!!!

the nutflush

How about we try to get Smalling back? 

simplyfulham

Quote from: Riversider on November 15, 2013, 07:25:32 AM
As I've just said on another thread, I can see Dutch left back Alexander Buttner joining us in January.

That seems like a really good shout to me in all senses. Good player, good fit, right position and certainly feasible!

EJL

Quote from: the nutflush on November 15, 2013, 09:36:30 AM
How about we try to get Smalling back?  
He had a great game against Arsenal and looks to be a key part of Moyes' squad.

westcliff white

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 15, 2013, 09:09:47 AM

I've checked the regulations.

We're allowed a maximum of 4 domestic loans in a season which must all be from different clubs with no more than two at the same time.

So we can't have Anderson and Zaha and we can't have either unless we can persuade Villa or Rangers to take back Bent or Tarrabt or we have the right to send them back. 

We were told these were season long loans which suggest that we're stuck with them.

I must have read them differently as i thought it was a max of 2 from prem clubs and you could have more form other division / leagues. I thought we had 3 or 4 loans after a jan transfer window one year. But I have not read the wordings for a year or so so thanks for the update

TonyGilroy

I thought that until I had a look. They likely change things from season to season.

I'm talking about domestic loans - I haven't checked the situation with foreign loans.

westcliff white

I dont doubt you Tony, I still think we had 3 / 4 loans one window,just cant remember the players

TonyGilroy

Emanuell, Enoh, Frimpong and the Bulgarian full back all arrived together in January. All on loans.