watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Bumper Book of Fulham Strikers !!!

Started by MOR :, November 15, 2013, 04:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

Apologies if this has already been seen...Already ordered 2 for myself...

IT MAY NOT be sunshine on the pitch right now, but Ashwater always provides something to lift the Fulham spirits. This year it's...FULHAM STRIKERS.

We have decided to produce a LIMITED EDITION (hence limited number) on a first come, first served basis. It is possible that this will be the FINAL Ashwater publication, so if you want another great piece of written Fulham history – then please don't leave it too late! We think it's the best book we've done, and it will sell out. It's an ideal Christmas present for three generations of Fulham fans, young & old.

The book is a quality hardback publication
A4 size (8.5" x 12")
In an eight-decade sequence
With 272 pages and in full colour
It contains well over 250 pictures
A number of which have never been previously seen.

The book will detail one hundred 'number 9s', centre forwards and principal goalscorers from the Second World War until the end of last season – 'From Beddy to Berbatov'. For all of the principal seventy-five players, it will detail their youth career, careers at previous clubs, concentrating obviously on their time at Craven Cottage. Also included will be their playing careers after leaving Fulham including non-league and, if known, what they did after leaving the game. Their history will include clubs abroad and their international careers.

Their Fulham period will detail highlights, hat-tricks and special matches and anecdotal material, and will also analyse what kind of player he was, his attributes and style. Each player will have playing statistics and will be illustrated with Ken Coton/Ashwater pictures augmented by some newspaper and private images.

Our list of principal strikers includes all those you'd expect to find, such as Maurice Cook, Vic Halom, Gordon Davies, Leroy Rosenior, Mike Conroy, Geoff Horsfield, Barry Hayles and Brian McBride, and some names that may be less familiar, such as Allan Jones, Dave Metchick, George Johnston, Dale Tempest and Tony Thorpe. In between is a whole host of players from Bedford Jezzard to Bobby Zamora, from Jackie Henderson to Steve Marlet. For a complete list of all seventy-five principal strikers in the book - please see the 'here' link on the Ashwater website

The book will also give cameo details of twenty-five less prolific forwards who have worn the number 9 shirt for the Whites, such as Alf Stokes, Steve Milton, George Georgiou, Kevin Betsy and Karl Heinz Riedle. The book is completed by a number of intriguing statistical tables, facts and figures.

FULHAM STRIKERS is at the printers now and should be ready for delivery around the end of November. It's ready to pre-order now via www.ashwaterpress.co.uk Using PayPal, credit or debit card.

Or you can contact the Ashwater order line on 01344 – 624231. If you require any further information, e-mail the above address

Fulham1959

cmg

Bargain.

Who could resist rekindling memories of Alfie Stokes....and George Georgiou?

Rhys Lightning 63

BRIAN MCBRIDE ON THE COVER??? Sir, I shall send you a blank cheque with my bank details on it. Put down any amount of money and I will pay that amount.

I am BUYING this book at the end of the month
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense