watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On the Official - Rene Arrives

Started by PLB, November 13, 2013, 01:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

I think this is a plus and will hopefully lead to an improvement in our form. Rene is no mug, and to turn down the opportunities he was pursuing elsewhere shows that he must have belief in what we are trying to do as a club and in his own ability to make his mark.

I have never been a fan of two bosses at the helm as they rarely work out, so I am hoping that roles and responsibilities are very clear...

But at least lets welcome him aboard, wish him all the best, and give him more than our next match before we leap to any judgments.

NogoodBoyo

Amen to that, Burt.
Was it my imagination, or was this thread locked yesterday?  If so, I can't fathom why.
Nogood "lock and Jol, isit" Boyo

spikey norman

Quote from: Burt on November 16, 2013, 04:55:40 PM
I think this is a plus and will hopefully lead to an improvement in our form. Rene is no mug, and to turn down the opportunities he was pursuing elsewhere shows that he must have belief in what we are trying to do as a club and in his own ability to make his mark.

Burt I agree Rene's appointment can be a massive boost for the team and ok he may have a belief in what we are trying to achieve but I feel there were two major factors in him coming to Fulham.
One is financial.Didn't Mackintosh say 'that with the intervention of our chairman we were able to get the services of Rene' .He turned down other offers of management elsewhere which to me indicates he is going to be paid quite a lot of money to just be a No 2.Secondly The People last Sunday reported that Rene would only come to Fulham as a No 2 if he was guaranteed to succeed Jol once he went.

jarv

Surely must be welcomed as good news. Let's face it, in the last few (ok many) weeks threads have been started about replacements for Jol and one thing in common, we all found the names underwhelming. Manager's who have been on the merry go round for too long. Several were asking "why can't we get a decent manager like Southampton did?" For every Saints manager, there are many Sunderland managers (Di Canio).

We have got a man with some pedigree, has not been on the merry go round so maybe he is just what Fulham need. I hope he turns out to be soooo good that Jol sees out his contract and disappears. A gamble? isn't every new manager?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: spikey norman on November 16, 2013, 07:50:23 PM

Quote from: Burt on November 16, 2013, 04:55:40 PM

Burt I agree Rene's appointment can be a massive boost for the team and ok he may have a belief in what we are trying to achieve but I feel there were two major factors in him coming to Fulham.
One is financial.Didn't Mackintosh say 'that with the intervention of our chairman we were able to get the services of Rene' .He turned down other offers of management elsewhere which to me indicates he is going to be paid quite a lot of money to just be a No 2.Secondly The People last Sunday reported that Rene would only come to Fulham as a No 2 if he was guaranteed to succeed Jol once he went.

I don't quite recall the wording, but I believe you're on to it - that Rene's future with the club is not tied to Jol's.

But that would take us down an interesting road wouldn't it. It stands to reason that Jol is being afforded the opportunity to win an extension to his own contract and that he wants it. Why else would he accept such a situation? His recent demeanor does not suggest that there's a sacking waiting for him in May/June and that Rene is just waiting him out.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude