Main Menu

Dembele wants to leave Spurs - merged threads

Started by KingstonWhite, November 17, 2013, 07:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 17, 2013, 07:29:17 PM
Quote from: KingstonWhite on November 17, 2013, 07:13:56 PM
BUT I TOLD YOU SO

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/17/moussa-dembele-wants-out-of-white-hart-lane/

Runs Rings Around Your Team!!

In a perfect world he would come back but it will never happen. He's just wasted talent at spurs which is unfortunate.

Yeah. Him and their other 15 midfielders. Lol.  IMO avb is a muppett shortly to be found out.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

tommy

They said yesterday that Juventus where after him.

MasterHaynes

It was reported last week that Benitez at Napoli wants him

Northern Cottager

Quote from: MasterHaynes on November 18, 2013, 09:04:51 AM
It was reported last week that Benitez at Napoli wants him

Gone a little down in the quality of clubs after him now...supposedly Newcastle and Villa. If they're the 2 on the table and us, surely he'd love to come home?

Frankie-Peter Taylor

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/443583/Newcastle-and-Aston-Villa-interested-in-wantaway-Tottenham-midfielder-Dembele

This article also says that Newcastle, Aston Villa, Southampton, Cardiff and Swansea are interested.

Surely, if he is actually available, Shahid Khan and Martin Jol would make it an absolute priority to bring him back home on a contract with no clauses and long term.

He already has a connection with the club, a connection with Martin Jol, and then you partner that with the possibility of playing with Dimitar Berbatov with a new plan than tempted one of the best coaches in the world to Fulham.

I am begging to Shahid Khan, that if Mousa Dembele is available, spend your money. I don't care if it means we don't buy anyone for another 18 months, our central midfield is vital.

TWFL

I think I speak for absolutely every Fulham fan when I say that you are absolutely bang on correct sir. And not for the first time may I add. He has to be priority Number 1. No excuses. 

sipwell

Although I would love to see him back in Fulham colours, I doubt he would return. If you go from a small club to a big club and would return to that small club, surely that amounts to admitting you are not good enough for a big club. Going to another small club can be given another spin though...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MJG

Quote from: sipwell on November 18, 2013, 11:41:41 AM
Although I would love to see him back in Fulham colours, I doubt he would return. If you go from a small club to a big club and would return to that small club, surely that amounts to admitting you are not good enough for a big club. Going to another small club can be given another spin though...
I'd agree with that view as well. He needs to go sideways in England or off to Europe for himself to progress.
He's always come across as very ambitious so would doubt a move back to fulham this season was a going to happen.

David Allen Crankshaw

I don't think that he will move to any of the clubs suggested by the press. I would think that a move to Europe would be more likely. Should he leave Tottenham I would be interested as to what sort of fee they would want seeing that they coughed up £15m to get him in the first place.

FFC1987

Unless he thinks the club ie Fulham are capable of more ambition than last time ie a new owner. I think Spurs would be daft to sell him but if he is available, Give them back the money they paid for him. It wasn't long before he left he was quoted as saying he thinks FFC weren't far off a top 6 place. With him back in the middle with say, Parker, and a few other decent additions, who knows.

Burt

I would love to see him back here but doubt that this would happen, it wouldn't tie in with his stated ambitions, and we are hardly likely to qualify for any European football this season.

Danitar

I might bring a banner to Saturdays game with bring dembele home, i know there club won't give a damn but at least it's got to be worth a try.

sipwell

Quote from: Burt on November 18, 2013, 12:10:15 PM
I would love to see him back here but doubt that this would happen, it wouldn't tie in with his stated ambitions, and we are hardly likely to qualify for any European football this season.

For the moment he is interested in the world cup. Belgium has a horribly talented squad where every place can be filled by 5 candidates. De Bruyne, Dembélé, Vermaelen, ... are all under pressure: play or be uncertain about your ticket. Lukaku was told he needed to play regular football. He signed a loan contract to Everton...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Equalizer

Fulham midfielder leaves to join Spurs. Player hates Spurs. Player's leaves Spurs. Player's career reaches all time low. Player does interview in paper 10 years later saying why they should never have left Fulham.

Never seen that before.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MasterHaynes

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on November 18, 2013, 12:03:01 PM
I don't think that he will move to any of the clubs suggested by the press. I would think that a move to Europe would be more likely. Should he leave Tottenham I would be interested as to what sort of fee they would want seeing that they coughed up £15m to get him in the first place.
Levy will put a price tag of between 20-25m. He rarely sells for what he paid its always at a profit to get back what the player has cost him in wages. I was really surprised when Moussa signed 4 yera contract when he had just witnessed Modric getting stuck with a ridiculous fee on his head. He may well come to regret the length of contract he signed.

Southcoastffc

I'd love to see both Moussa Dembele's to play in the same team.   079.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

BestOfBrede

P'haps Mark Hughes will go after him, as after all it was him that brought Moussa to England in the first place?
I wonder if Moussa would be interested?  064.gif

jarv

Hughes was the manager when he was signed (I think) but apparently Hughes did not want it to go ahead.  Anyway, I doubt we will see him back. Not sure he would fancy a relegation battle. That will do his WC hopes no good at all.
Most likely will be looking at the likes of Saints, Swansea, Newcastle,  you know, all those teams which Fulham were better than until Jol came in.

grandad

Not many of our ex players have gone on to bigger & better times. I can only think of Alan Mullery, Bobby Robson & Alan Clark. Louis Saha was plagued by injury.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Chris

Amazed to see clubs like Aston Villa and Newcastle linked with him. He is a champions league player. Napoli must be front runners at the moment.