watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Adel Taarabt's interview

Started by Sammyffc, November 21, 2013, 12:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

The players must have noticed the decline in training/coaching since the Roy and Hughes eras. Our former strong defence has been leaking like a sieve and they must surely have noticed the deterioration. One wonders what the process was by which they accepted the new methods (e.g. the defence of corners and free kicks) when it must have been obvious to all but the newest that this was not the way they had done so more successfully previously.
[/quote]The last point is when you look at the squad, who is left from Roy's  or even Hughes's time?
When the player went to Hughes after the West Ham game they could argue we just got to a cup final and that was a strong vocal bunch of lads. They have all gone.
As has been well spelt out, Jol gets ex players to join him, they know his methods, whose going to question him? Also who do they go to? In the end players still get paid, its the managers who take the can.

The only player who I think would have really said anything is Parker. I dont think hes shy in saying what he sees.

Holders

I would have thought Hangeland as well, as captain.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: Holders on November 22, 2013, 09:30:31 AM
I would have thought Hangeland as well, as captain.
Maybe with his own Injury problems and 3 different partners at CB this season he has enough problems on his plate. I just dont see a group of players going to Jol and saying this is not working. I'm not sure we have enough of those characters in the squad. Maybe that's why Jol slowly moved on a few of the other squad players we had.

Holders

Fair points and it must be difficult for players to take issues like this to a manager under pressure (whether he will admit it or not) without him taking offence unless they have a good enough relationship.

Our defence used to be the rock upon which the team was built.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria