watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The League Table

Started by The Swan, November 21, 2013, 08:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

As it stands Fulham are in 18th place on 10 points. Swansea are in 13th place on 12 points. If we can beat them we can move up to 13th place (depending on other results). This is the opportunity for us to kick start our dismal season. What a boost to all the players and fans if we could put on a good performance and win. Then Swansea will be looking down and we will be looking up.
The Swan

Northern Cottager

We really can beat this. There's so e optimism with Rene coming in and Swansea have been poor this year. Nice football when they're left too it, pressure them and they aren't fantastic.

Shredhead

Quote from: Northern Cottager on November 21, 2013, 09:20:18 PM
We really can beat this. There's so e optimism with Rene coming in and Swansea have been poor this year. Nice football when they're left too it, pressure them and they aren't fantastic.
Yes, but pressurising teams (like Southampton did to us) isn't the Fulham way. Or at least it wasn't - hopefully our new Head Coach will have changed things for the better.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

HatterDon

Remember "If we win on Saturday we'll be above Man United?"

yeah, right.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jamie88

Quote from: HatterDon on November 22, 2013, 05:06:48 AM
Remember "If we win on Saturday we'll be above Man United?"

yeah, right.

That's the spirit :)

Bedford White

Despite all the doom merchants and tabloid press predictions of relegation I've not once lost sight of the fact. That had we won against WBA and Cardiff we'd be on 15 points and tenth in the PL.

Narrow margins indeed. We can and will beat Swansea on Saturday as there is no other acceptable outcome for anyone involved with the club, be they player, staff, owner or supporter. COYW

MJG

Its not so much the position, its the pts we have. Less than a point a game and your pretty much going down.
We need to keep level on 1 pt per game and try to get to more like 1.1 ppg to stay up.

As said its all about narrow margins.
1.1pt per game gives you almost 42 pts over the season. 19/20 you stay up with that.
Even if we average 1.1 for the rest of the season we end up on 40 pts. Would we stay up with that?

You all need to get used to the fact we are pretty much in the bottom 5/6 for the rest of the season, barring some kind of top seven type form.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: MJG on November 22, 2013, 09:21:16 AM
Its not so much the position, its the pts we have. Less than a point a game and your pretty much going down.
We need to keep level on 1 pt per game and try to get to more like 1.1 ppg to stay up.

1.1pt per game gives you almost 42 pts over the season. 19/20 you stay up with that.
Even if we average 1.1 for the rest of the season we end up on 40 pts. Would we stay up with that?

You all need to get used to the fact we are pretty much in the bottom 5/6 for the rest of the season, barring some kind of top seven type form.

It's too early in the season for that to be the case.

Two consecutive wins puts a team 5 or 6 places higher and things then look very different.

We need another 30 points from 27 games. 8 wins, say, and 6 draws allowing for 13 defeats. Knock off a couple of wins soon and it doesn't look to be a massive ask.

IF we start playing better.

Holders

The worrying thing isn't as much the results as the performances. It could be argued that we have more points than our performances actually deserve. That's where the improvement is required, then the results should come, as TG says, IF we start playing better.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 22, 2013, 09:55:42 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 22, 2013, 09:21:16 AM

It's too early in the season for that to be the case.

Two consecutive wins puts a team 5 or 6 places higher and things then look very different.

We need another 30 points from 27 games. 8 wins, say, and 6 draws allowing for 13 defeats. Knock off a couple of wins soon and it doesn't look to be a massive ask.

IF we start playing better.
All about averages as you know. 8 games to the halfway point of the season.
How many pts do you expect us to have after 19 games?
How many from these 8 games: I think maybe 15pts at absolute best and realistically 10 pts.
10 pts from 8 games will give us 20 pts from 19 games which would still be maybe 6th from bottom.

Swansea Home
WHU Away
Spurs home
Villa Home
Everton Away
Man City Home
Norwich Away
Hull Away

after about a dozen games your position tends to only change maybe 2 or 3 places either way come the end of the season. You have one club that drops way down and one that goes up. But pretty much your season is set in stone now.

TonyGilroy

after about a dozen games your position tends to only change maybe 2 or 3 places either way come the end of the season. You have one club that drops way down and one that goes up. But pretty much your season is set in stone now.

That's true unless you get better or worse. We need to get better. If we do then there'll not be a problem.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 22, 2013, 10:24:41 AM

That's true unless you get better or worse. We need to get better. If we do then there'll not be a problem.
TG, I'm not doubting we can get better and get more pts.
What I'm saying is that for us to finish say in 10th position (which on average you need 49 pts to get 10th) would require us to get 39 pts from 27 games.
Thats sort of 7th place form for the rest of the season.
This is why i say we need to get used to being in this bottom 5 or 6 for rest of season.

Holders

After the start we've had we can't expect to finish too high this season - 12th would be about the best now. We just have to avoid relegation and I do think we can do that and I feel a lot more optimistic with Rene here. It will take a while for him to have full effect but we should expect to see at least some difference tomorrow.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JackyFulham90

We can definitely finish in the top 10 this season yet so many games still to play, we need to play much better but a positive performance & result against Swansea will go a long way towards turning our season around

MJG

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on November 22, 2013, 12:48:05 PM
We can definitely finish in the top 10 this season yet so many games still to play, we need to play much better but a positive performance & result against Swansea will go a long way towards turning our season around
I admire your positive attitude and last season you kept saying we would be in the top ten right up to a couple of games of the season. But its not going to happen this year either I'm sorry to say.

MJG

10 from 12 now. Well behind the target we need.
Now need to beast WHU away to get level on ppg.
Its going to be a long winter

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JDH101

Sorry to say chaps, it ain't gonna happen with Jol in charge. They way we are playing I can't see us getting any points other than Palace at home.

Best we can hope for is Jol to be gone tomorrow, I guess we have to now promote Rene and hope all the Brondy stories are false, Khan gets his wallet out in January and Barcelona take Berbatov off our hands Jan 1.

I think we are down. Ah well, we had some amazing times and came so close to winning that elusive trophy in spectacular style.

premFlem

Quote from: JDH101 on November 23, 2013, 10:07:51 PM
Sorry to say chaps, it ain't gonna happen with Jol in charge. They way we are playing I can't see us getting any points other than Palace at home.

Best we can hope for is Jol to be gone tomorrow, I guess we have to now promote Rene and hope all the Brondy stories are false, Khan gets his wallet out in January and Barcelona take Berbatov off our hands Jan 1.

I think we are down. Ah well, we had some amazing times and came so close to winning that elusive trophy in spectacular style.
Yeah I'm sad to say youre right the party looks to be over, the powers that be havent got the savvy or bottle to sack Jol and were going down in a whimper, its been real.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

HatterDon

The only way we survive is if Jol gets sacked soon. VERY soon. It may be too late now.

If Jol stays, we may beat Derby County's points record and go down as the most hopeless side in the history of the Prem.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel