watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2 Cents from Danny Murphy

Started by ToodlesMcToot, December 02, 2013, 01:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Murphy just publicly questioned Rene's qualifications for the manager job.  Therefore, I think it's a stretch to suggest Rene would take him anyway, for any reason.  Salient portion:

"...but admits he is unsure if Meulensteen is the right man to take control of his former club.
Speaking on the Colin Murray show, he said: "The way they are playing at the moment, they are looking in real trouble. I just hope he has the capability because it doesn't matter how good a coach you are, when you have to manage players it is a different ball game."There are plenty of candidates out there with more experience than him, so I'm not sure. He will have learnt a lot from Sir Alex Ferguson, how can you not? But you are talking about dealing with different players. "You're not talking about training with some of the best players in Europe day in, day out. You're talking about trying to motivate players that aren't playing so well. It's a different job."

Count Berbatov

Danny spoke his mind
Rene was the one who convinced sir Alex not to include Berbatov in the group for the Champions League final, in the best year Berbatov had with United. After only two games next to Jol and Berba was dropped. Now maybe Jol was going to do that himself already, but to me it means he just doesn't like his kind of players
Which in turn makes me think he'll put the runners and get the players put more effort and desire. Not that Berbatov can't do his part, but I think he'll only get one chance or two and be replaced by someone like Rodallega. Who in fact I like and I think was treated unfairly
All in all, I'd gamble with Rene. There's always time till January...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Forever Fulham

I understand what you're writing, Count.  As to Hugo, I've quietly watched him since he arrived at Fulham, and I just don't see a compelling end product.  He runs around a lot.  He's active. But finishers have to finish.  Perhaps his lack of production has been caused by a manager-imposed system or style in which he struggles.  Maybe that's it.  Maybe.  Some managers can take a player with promise who has been languishing somewhat, like an Aaron Ramsey, and by rearranging the deck chairs, and providing positive reinforcement, encouragement, and productive training sessions, turn him into a consistent goal scoring threat.  OK, Rene, here's your chance.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 03, 2013, 05:45:14 AM
I understand what you're writing, Count.  As to Hugo, I've quietly watched him since he arrived at Fulham, and I just don't see a compelling end product.  He runs around a lot.  He's active. But finishers have to finish.  Perhaps his lack of production has been caused by a manager-imposed system or style in which he struggles.  Maybe that's it.  Maybe.  Some managers can take a player with promise who has been languishing somewhat, like an Aaron Ramsey, and by rearranging the deck chairs, and providing positive reinforcement, encouragement, and productive training sessions, turn him into a consistent goal scoring threat.  OK, Rene, here's your chance.
Rodallega does miss chances. And he runs a lot. My point was Rene would like that. At wigan I liked Hugo. Here... Not sure what's wrong but maybe he can still come out good.
He was also a good foil for a more skilful player like Berbatov. Or Ruiz...
But those two are goners right. So it's a guess and a gamble. Like the appointment of Rene itself

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Berserker

Why are they goners. I feel Ruiz and Berbie will do better under Rene.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Berserker on December 03, 2013, 07:23:17 AM
Seems like everyone wants them out

Berserker

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 03, 2013, 07:37:03 AM
Quote from: Berserker on December 03, 2013, 07:23:17 AM
Seems like everyone wants them out

Not everybody. Berbie needs to get his Mojo back and Ruiz played in his most suitable position. Both possible under Rene

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

Is that the choice we have? Berba and Ruiz , loads of skill but  not enough application (allegedly) - or Hugo, loads of application, but not enough skill.

Hopefully the new coaching staff will  be able to get the best out of all three, and get them to fulfil their potential in a white shirt.

Both Berba and Ruiz can, and have, play a lot better than they have done  recently for the team. Ruiz's confidence seems shot, and Berba has given up, everyone says- while Hugo has shown  what he can do in flashes - but at least he has a hard working attitude, and that must be worth something  to us at the moment.

We also have Bent  up front of course, and i think he can achieve far more  at Fulham than he has so far , if the team is set up right for him.

EJL

"I know from certain friends I have got there that they have become frustrated at the fact that certain players stay in the team no matter what. It's not just Dimitar, but there is maybe too many players in that side who don't put a shift in."

I'm not sure how many others feel the same, but I think Danny has no place to talk about what he knows from his mates inside the club. Typical case of s*** stirring, and I'd imagine a few of the players will be annoyed to know that some have gone crying to Murphy.

Berserker

Could cause problems with future team working. Surprised Danny came out with this as some of his friends might have spoken to him confidentially

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Danny needs to hush now .........................

the nutflush

Quote from: KCat on December 03, 2013, 11:27:49 AM

When it boils down to it he is only saying what most of us on here have been saying for months.  I can sum it up in three words.  Too many passengers.

TonyGilroy

I don't think it matters what people say except to give us something to talk about.

We all know how bad things have been so why shouldn't Murphy, who does media work, give an honest opinion. Better that than bland generalisations and it's fairly certain that he wishes us well.

Muelensteen, I assume, will be seeking to find out ASAP which players are up for a fight. I suspect that, properly handled, guys like Bent, Berbatov and Ruiz might be; partly out of professional pride and because this might be their last chance. What we do know is that they have the ability.

The next few weeks are going to be interesting but I don't expect results to turn round instantly.

EJL

Quote from: the nutflush on December 03, 2013, 11:31:05 AM

When it boils down to it he is only saying what most of us on here have been saying for months.  I can sum it up in three words.  Too many passengers.
Exactly, so why did he mention his mates inside the club? If it's such a well-explored and simple message, then why does he need to stir it up?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: EJL on December 03, 2013, 11:49:18 AM

Exactly, so why did he mention his mates inside the club? If it's such a well-explored and simple message, then why does he need to stir it up?

Too right EJL  :54: As the Scouser says : Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxactly  !!!!!

Logicalman

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 02, 2013, 05:09:32 PM
Does Danny really have 'the ear of the players'?  Of the squad here when he left Fulham, only these remain -

Hughes,  Hangeland,  Riise,  Duff, Stockdale,  Senderos, Briggs,  Kasami

2 Reasons. Firstly those players that do remain will be firmly on his side, and can sway any naysayers, and secondly, and more important, Danny was a players player. He has a lot of respect in the football world, and was renowned to be the heart of the Fulham team during Roys glory years, leading by example.

Those two reasons would assure he garners all the respect he needs, and enable the players, of all levels, to talk, and listen to him.

Logicalman

Possibly to add credence to his message?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Logicalman on December 03, 2013, 12:33:41 PM

IMO, Danny should have done his talkin, last week, last month, even last season 
as he didn't he should now be quiet.   
Let the new team  get on with it

Logicalman

Quote from: KCat on December 03, 2013, 12:48:03 PM

Perhaps so, or perhaps he sees an opportunity to move his coaching career forwards now his playing days are behind him.

Shredhead

Quote from: KCat on December 03, 2013, 12:48:03 PM

I think the fact that he's chosen to say what he said at this point in time shows that his immediate future is being a pundit. He'll be asked back to guest on radio and TV shows, certainly over the next few weeks as Rene 'beds in'. Don't forget that Alan Hansen gets about £30k per appearance on MOTD, so perhaps Danny could get a third of that. 
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to DM back at the club in some capacity in future if he wants to and we need him, but it won't be for some time.
Another thing - I hope Rene's style of man management isn't learned from Alex Ferguson - the old hairdryer treatment.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC