watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2 Cents from Danny Murphy

Started by ToodlesMcToot, December 02, 2013, 01:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

I believe Danny feels free to talk because he already knows that there's no chance at the moment that he's being considered for Fulham.

I believe he'd be a good fit for us in some coaching capacity in the future, but now is absolutely the wrong time. His stature within the club and with those players remaining from his playing days would only serve to undermine Rene's authority, just as the timing of Rene's hire undermined what little authority Jol might have been clutching to.

Rene has already stated what a huge task this is - stepping into the managerial role in the PL. He needs subordinates who are in lock step with him and, I believe, Murph would be a bit of a wild card in his staff. Too much risk to take right now.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

CanadianCottager

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 02, 2013, 05:09:32 PM
Does Danny really have 'the ear of the players'?  Of the squad here when he left Fulham, only these remain -

Hughes,  Hangeland,  Riise,  Duff, Stockdale,  Senderos, Briggs,  Kasami
Ruiz, Sidwell, Kacaniklic and Etheridge as well, pretty significant chunk of the side

Count Berbatov

Quote from: EJL on December 03, 2013, 11:00:28 AM
"I know from certain friends I have got there that they have become frustrated at the fact that certain players stay in the team no matter what. It's not just Dimitar, but there is maybe too many players in that side who don't put a shift in."

I'm not sure how many others feel the same, but I think Danny has no place to talk about what he knows from his mates inside the club. Typical case of s*** stirring, and I'd imagine a few of the players will be annoyed to know that some have gone crying to Murphy.
I won't pretend I know what kind of person Danny is, but he doesn't come across well with that interview. He's got no business telling the press about possible problems within the team. Whether true or not, the situation is stressful enough to all as it is

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Forever Fulham

Holders

Reading between the lines, I suspect he has been fed that by JAR.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

EJL

Quote from: Holders on December 04, 2013, 10:01:00 AM
Sounds like a good guess.

It's interesting that Murphy said the fans love Riise. Do we? I certainly don't.

alfie

Quote from: EJL on December 04, 2013, 12:53:57 PM

It's interesting that Murphy said the fans love Riise. Do we? I certainly don't.

He may be past his best by now but at least he bloody well tries
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Holders

Quote from: alfie on December 04, 2013, 05:07:39 PM

He may be past his best by now but at least he bloody well tries

I think that's what Murph means by his comments about Jol's favourites getting picked regardless.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Danny talking a lot of sense does not surprise me at all. He should never have left. Hope he is back one day involved in team affairs.

092.gif 

Tonywa

I love him in rather the same way I love a dose of dysentery.