watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I worry about todays game

Started by The Swan, January 30, 2010, 09:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

My biggest worry is the fact that Villa have had trouble scoring so today could be the day they get a hatful.Their two wide men Young and Dowing will have a field day against our full backs. I hope that we can put up a good performance with this the first home game of 2010.
A win today will set us up for a good win against Pompy on Wednesday.
The Swan

clintclintdeuce

I am not worried today. 3 points in the bag!
The Dude abides.

Jimpav

If it's of any consolation the away side has only ever won 4 times between these two sides in pl history.

The Swan

I was right to worry about this game. It did not help when we played so bad. What was Hangeland doing before we gave away the first goal. He should have just passed back to the keeper.
We do need a striker , Zamora, Neveland were rubbish today. I am not sure about Elm. He is big enough but has he got the bottle to challange for balls in the box.
Portsmouth is a must win game as is at home to Burnley. If we can get a draw away to Bolton we will be back on track.
The Swan

LBNo11

...I disagree about Zamora old friend, I was fortunate enough to be in the corner between the HE and the JHS and witnessed how much effort, deft touches, holding up brilliantly, running and good positioning was/were made by the big man. He did not get the service today, he was trying to run the whole show himself. We crowded the right side and didn't exploit the left flank at all.

Hangeland had a shocker, Hughes was solid at the back but crumbled when going forward and Murphy - sad to say - was too slow and too predictable. Our dead balls are dreadful, whether from free kicks or corners, Duff took one good corner, but you could see his frustration from free kicks when the movement off the ball  was so static.

It could have been so different if Simon Davies had not gone off so early as he and Duff could have fed from the wings (had we suddenly decided to cross the ball). Elm looked a good prospect - no idea how he was offside - but we needed him and Riise on much earlier. 25 minutes to reduce a 2 goal deficit when we just cannot score is too late.

Our biggest problem is that ther is NO plan 'B'...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

or a Plan A from what I saw,passing it sideways does'nt win games-nobody to put it in the net,nobody to take the game by the scuff of the neck-apart from all that it's all good :o

HatterDon

I also think that Bobby Z is on his way back. The major problem today was not his work, it was that Dunne and the rest of their back 4 won just about every SECOND ball. I agree about Hangeland. He's been a little off kilter most of the season, and looked very confused at times today. I thought Murphy had a much better second half when we set about them pretty well, but as has been pointed out, it's easy to attack when you're 0-2 down.

Hangeland apart, I thought we looked better than we did against Spuds. But my oh my do we miss Pants and JP. I hope the Shorey stories are true. Kelly may be a weak carbon copy at RB, but he's clueless at LB.

Let's get at Portsmouth -- speaking of which to hell with "guess the gate," we should play "guess the name of Pompey's goalkeeper.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel