News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov wants out in Jan and Riisse wants to stay and fight for his place.....

Started by Tooting legend, December 04, 2013, 12:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

Glad he will be leaving. Knew from the start that this Berbatov stuff wouldn't end well.

Holders

What we don't know is if Rene knows what can make Berba productive. If he can, then he could still be an asset to us but the style/supply would have to be designed around him and there's been no sign of success with that with the present personnel so far. We can't risk spending too long going down that road in the situation we're in and then it turns out to be unsuccessful. If Berba's going to continue to be a passenger then let's get rid in January and bring someone in with workrate, passion and commitment. In short, unless Rene knows which switch to throw now I'd get rid soonest.

As for Riise, he may have determination and be a "good pro" but he lacks pace - which Richardson has. Riise would be ok as LB so long as he didn't get forward but as soon as he does that he leaves us exposed to the counter and we can't contemplate that against Tottenham's pacy wingers. That's why Jol has been playing Richardson.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

To be fair to Riise he has said he wants to leave because he wad not playing. That's different to a player who has been first choice and wants to run....well stroll in his case...away from a challenge. Risse has stayed and been in and out of the team for a year. I know who I would rather have in squad.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Forever Fulham

I'd give my left __ right now for a Luka Toni, Dembele the Elder, and Clint.  I'd put Parker on the bench, as much as I respect his character and effort, and put a younger, quicker, and better passing player in his slot.  I would work Taraabt like a dog on the training ground, and make him a regular starter as an attacking center or outside mid.  I WOULD give Hugo a shot at left outside mid or forward, depending on the remaining lineup.  Stek is my starting keeper over Stockdale.  I'd find a way to get Stockdale some minutes somehow.  Senderos over Hughes today, tomorrow, and forever until a more effective CB shows up.  What to do with Duff...  I want to give him the armband for reasons I can't explain, and hope Rene can work magic to make him more effective.  Ruiz must be relocated on the pitch, but to where?  Attacking CM until Taraabt is in proper physical condition, and then, I don't know.  Somewhere he can get his flowing play going.  Sidwell stays.  

Holders

Quote from: MJG on December 04, 2013, 08:15:01 AM
To be fair to Riise he has said he wants to leave because he wad not playing. That's different to a player who has been first choice and wants to run....well stroll in his case...away from a challenge. Risse has stayed and been in and out of the team for a year. I know who I would rather have in squad.

I don't disagree with that. I just think that, given the lack of supply from midfield, Jol wanted the full-backs to get forward and Riise's not the man for that as he lacks the pace to get back. As a traditional LB, no problem.

MrProphet

Quote from: Holders on December 04, 2013, 08:19:48 AM

I don't disagree with that. I just think that, given the lack of supply from midfield, Jol wanted the full-backs to get forward and Riise's not the man for that as he lacks the pace to get back. As a traditional LB, no problem.

Yeah agreed and now is a good time for some good old traditional organisation. My biggest hope tonight is that we can see some form of a well organised disciplined team developing and not the symbolic easy to beat team of jol's tenure.

More players with fight in them the better at the moment I would start Riise

Holders

Quote from: MrProphet on December 04, 2013, 08:29:27 AM

Yeah agreed and now is a good time for some good old traditional organisation. My biggest hope tonight is that we can see some form of a well organised disciplined team developing and not the symbolic easy to beat team of jol's tenure.

More players with fight in them the better at the moment I would start Riise

On this occasion, where we need to stem the leaks at the back and maybe get a clean sheet, agreed. So long as he stays in position and there's some other arrangement for supply from the left. Formation is as important as personnel.

In Rene we hope.

MJG

I'm going to get shot down here, but please watch Riether after he has had a run up field. He really struggles to get back but people seem to ignore that. That's the problem when you have two 30+ players are your width.

ross_bamping

Riise is a joke of a footballer, and after all that spec about him wanting out, he should be left to the reserves, along with Berbatov.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

MrProphet

Quote from: ross_bamping on December 04, 2013, 08:45:12 AM
Riise is a joke of a footballer, and after all that spec about him wanting out, he should be left to the reserves, along with Berbatov.

Sorry but the guy just wants to play football he has not been disrespectful like berbasulk

To be fair just like senderos Jol treated him like a piece of Joey Barton. Told he was surplus to requirements then injuries ment we needed him for a few games then left out the squad again. The only problem is his best days are behind him but I wouldn't question his commitment or loyalty

The Old Count

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 04, 2013, 08:19:10 AM
I'd give my left __ right now for a Luka Toni, Dembele the Elder, and Clint.  I'd put Parker on the bench, as much as I respect his character and effort, and put a younger, quicker, and better passing player in his slot.  I would work Taraabt like a dog on the training ground, and make him a regular starter as an attacking center or outside mid.  I WOULD give Hugo a shot at left outside mid or forward, depending on the remaining lineup.  Stek is my starting keeper over Stockdale.  I'd find a way to get Stockdale some minutes somehow.  Senderos over Hughes today, tomorrow, and forever until a more effective CB shows up.  What to do with Duff...  I want to give him the armband for reasons I can't explain, and hope Rene can work magic to make him more effective.  Ruiz must be relocated on the pitch, but to where?  Attacking CM until Taraabt is in proper physical condition, and then, I don't know.  Somewhere he can get his flowing play going.  Sidwell stays. 

This is the best assessment and proposition I've read on this thread.

JBH

Quote from: ross_bamping on December 04, 2013, 08:45:12 AM

This is a joke of a post, JAR unlike Berbatov just wants to play football  :028:

mikeyffc28

Bye Bye Berbasloth, make sure you move quick enough to not let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.  Send us a postcard from Barca.
Riise, different kettle of fish, he may be past his best now (and liability on some fronts) but puts in alot of effort and the fact he wants to fight for his place shows the determination and desire that it seems alot of the current team need to rediscover.

TonyGilroy

People should avoid the temptation of thinking they're inside the heads of the players.

What we read is either made up, anodyne or written on "behalf" of the player.

I have no idea what Berbatov thinks. I know he's been dreadful this season and the Berbatov we have is of no use to us at all. Berbatov at his best of course is a wonderful player so the simple question is whether the new boss can get more out of him and address the causes of his bad form. I've no idea about that but Muelensteen must know him well.

Riise deserved to be dropped but Richardson is looking woeful. The idea that he has pace doesn't survive the evidence of wingers shooting past him as if his feet are set in stone. I'd play Amorbieta at left back with Senderos coming in if Brede isn't fit. For all the criticism the defence is certainly no better without Senderos and there's no doubt that he gives his all.

Northern Cottager

Berbatov offers us absolutely nothing. Great name on the team sheet but less and less people will be fearing him after watching him strutt around the pithc doing absolutely naff all. Get rid of him, Riise, Senderos and although they've been great servants to the club, Duff and Hughes.

Berserker

If true, I expect Berbie will want to leave before we get relegated. Not saying we will but alot of Pundits believe that will happen
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

I still have this thought that if he is used right, particularly now that we have a new regime in place, then he will be priceless.

On his day he is one of the best. Rene needs to focus on how to get the most out of him. His goals kept us up last season, and they need to start coming once more.

Adi-ffc

a lot of harsh stuff on here.

Riise is getting on now but has been a hell of a player in his day. He is not the answer for us, but who can blame him wanting to play football for a couple more years as his time is limited?

Berbatov simply has no pace and HAS to play his way or not at all. Van der Sar once said he had the best touch of any footballer he had ever met and that is no surprise. To say he is lazy/doesn't care/won't run on principle etc etc is totally wide of the mark. He is almost impossible to fit in to a system but I would wager a fair bit that he suffers a lot from that kind of abuse.

I would rather have Fulham without Berba as would almost everyone else, but this vitriol is daft imo.

EJL

Quote from: The Moose on December 04, 2013, 01:19:18 AM
Quote from: EJL on December 04, 2013, 01:10:02 AM
Quote from: The Moose on December 04, 2013, 01:06:48 AM
Why is it that whenever people see a comment in the paper that they don't like they dismiss it as rubbish, but when one comes along that fits in with their preconceptions about a player they don't like suddenly it must be true?
You've answered your own question but I totally agree with you.

It's a rhetorical question.
In that case I retract my agreement due to you being pedantic.

Only joking.

Nero

get rid of berba and riise, go and get the young aaron cresswell and a decent forward