more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Head coach after match comments

Started by Lighthouse, December 04, 2013, 11:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ltd-ffc

Quote from: Ordar on December 04, 2013, 11:24:00 PM
We all know he needs his ego stroked. I thought Riise did exceptionally well considering how long he's not played. He didnt get much support from kaca (who played well first half then faded) but got up and down the line well. He's miles better than Richardson in my opinion
i had to look over to see what he needs to be stroked haha
I agree though
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

nose

They all played really well, berba, especially in the second half looked the class act he is. He is always going to be a bit of an unusual character, but I don't mind that if he replicates what he did yesterday. In fact with a bit more luck he could have had a couple of goals. I do thjink his touch isn't quite what it was but with a bit of confidence I think that will return.

Hughes and sendeross were imense, hughes was my MoM and JAR showed what a class act he is (even if he made a couple of errors, who doesn't).

I was so sorry for the players yesterday, they tried so hard, played so well, and didn't deserve to be on the end of a defeat especially to speculative shots like those spurs scored from.

The crowd played its part too! I am felling rather more optimistic, I really liked what i saw.

Barrie

I don't blame Berbatov for being unhappy and wanting to move if he was still playing under Jol where he was an isolated figure up top being invited to chase hopeless balls.  It was like employing a master craftsman without giving him the conditions to do his job or asking him to do the work a labourer.  And we all know that the labour side of the game is not one he relishes.

Suddenly, yesterday, play is going on around him with support from the wide players and kasami, and it looks like we have our old Berbs back.  If he starts to enjoy himself again, then maybe the option of hanging around might appeal to him.

Ironically, we were back to playing the system that worked well under Jol initially, solid in the middle and attacking via the flanks.  It all seemed to go wrong after Jags got injured last season, and as a stroke of luck for Rene, it looks as if he's fit and firing again.  Let's hope he stays fit.

jarv

Most of us in agreement, much improved, better attitude from everyone.

The main problem Jol has left the team with is AGE. In the last 20 minutes, teams know that they can run at the heart of Fulham withouth much of a challenge late in the game..the winner last night, Swansea etc etc.
It has been happening for 2 seasons now. It is not by accident, opponents are instructed to do this.

The only change I would have liked to seen was Sidwell on for Kaca instead of the greek to clog up central midfield with 3 scrappers in there. I did think Kaca had one of his best games but faded at the end.

With the new attitude and 2 or 3 new players in January I think the team will be fine.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Count Berbatov on December 05, 2013, 08:35:47 AM
Let me get this straight. Berbatov looks a new man. Rene gets asked about Berbatov 's performance. Rene says he was phenomenal. But we have a problem with that?
First of, he answered a question, he didn't single him out.
Second of all, I don't care who get called what, if that's what it takes to get them to play as they did. This is called man management. To pick them up when they're down.. It's what Sir Alex was best at. It's what Jol lacked, it's what Rene is doing. Look at Kaca performance, look at Riise, look at the ancient Greek. Look at Senderos and Hughes ffs. Average players, fantastic performance

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

When asked about Berbatov it would have been better to bring in the names of the other players you mention. That was why I mentioned it. I know as a Man Utd fan and Berba fan you love the bloke. But really he ego has been massaged enough. First time he has put in a good performance for some time. He is a great player. He doesn't need to be singled out every game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

leonffc

Quote from: alfie on December 05, 2013, 10:36:50 AM
Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on December 05, 2013, 12:02:12 AMThis the way to play. First ball to Berba, and he releases with wingers.  If Kaca did not have to come back and help Riise so much, we would have been more dangerous.  We need Briggs back to play LB or a new LB in Jan.  Everything dangerous started with Berba.  He did have a bad touch in the first half which would have left him 1-1 against the goalie, but that was the only bad thing.  He was unlucky not to score. Lloris twice barely kept him out.  Kasami was great as well.

Gonna disagree with you here matey, i thought the problem was that kaca did not get back too much, quite a lot you saw Riise with 2 players, he can only mark 1.

Stole the words out of my mouth Alfie.

leonffc

"This is how we win the fans back"

Great comment Rene. Finally a coach that realises the fans are there to be entertained rather than 'ones that don't know what they are in about' (Jol)

filham

The "Berba Moving" rumours  must mean that he is starting to move on the pitch as last night he put in a fair share of work.

Our best performance of the season last night and if on Sunday we can play half as well but pick up 3 points we should all be happier.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Ordar on December 04, 2013, 11:24:00 PM
We all know he needs his ego stroked. I thought Riise did exceptionally well considering how long he's not played. He didnt get much support from kaca (who played well first half then faded) but got up and down the line well. He's miles better than Richardson in my opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only reason Riise played was that Richardson was injured (No great loss) and we do not have another decent left back. He was the worst player on the pitch although he gave his all, which was not good enough for the premiership. It was his miss kick, among many, that led to their 1st goal. Mr Khan, priority purchase in January, and should have been in the summer, ONE LEFT BACK.

BedsFFC

I'm offended as I don't get this email.

I refuse to go anymore until the club email me to ask me why I'm not going

horse1031

Quote from: BedsFFC on December 05, 2013, 07:48:24 PM
I'm offended as I don't get this email.

I refuse to go anymore until the club email me to ask me why I'm not going

they dont want you there?!   064.gif

Forever Fulham

A week ago, a lot of you were saying some very unpleasant things about Riise.  We are an inconsistent bunch, aren't we?  We move with the wind.

bobby01

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 05, 2013, 08:26:30 PM
A week ago, a lot of you were saying some very unpleasant things about Riise.  We are an inconsistent bunch, aren't we?  We move with the wind.

The only unpleasant thing about rise was his hair
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Fulham Tup North

049:gif  I think it is fair to say that if we keep playing with that same tempo and effort, we will win a couple of games before the year is out.  This will kick start our recovery and put pressure on everyone else.  No-one is unbeatable this season.  Every point is vital to each team.
COYW     092.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

EJL

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 05, 2013, 08:26:30 PM
I still stand by my views on Riise. He tried to orchestrate a transfer via Twitter...