watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fresh optimism!

Started by TomFFC, December 05, 2013, 03:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFFC

After the display last night I am full of optimism for the rest of the season. We played with much more intensity and urgency, we worked Lloris very hard and we moved the ball well as well as looking fairly solid at the back. Even Berba seemed to be trying to play with a bit more pace and urgency. This coupled with the talk of decent investment in January is very pleasing. Is this the start of a new era? I know it has only been one game but we did show a real change from that under Jol.

Deanothefulhamfan

Let's hope so.... we still lost the game bit we looked like a team again.... It is going to be a long hard season, but maybe just maybe we will stay up, and if the worst does come to the worst at least it seems we are going to go down with a fight, as appose to just giving up before the game had even kicked off.

nose

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 05, 2013, 04:21:39 PM
Let's hope so.... we still lost the game bit we looked like a team again.... It is going to be a long hard season, but maybe just maybe we will stay up, and if the worst does come to the worst at least it seems we are going to go down with a fight, as appose to just giving up before the game had even kicked off.

Plenty of time left and performance so that tywe of quality will see us alright.

Remember that most goals, 85%+ are scored from inside the penalty area, to get two such goals as spurs was an unklind bit of bad luck. What we saw was real grounds for optimism, but yes we need to keep calm and now really get right behind the team!

YankeeJim

The first goal was the definition of offsides to be sure and the second was a bit of a fluke but their goal keeping was world class. Perhaps such things are the difference in being top or bottom four.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.