watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rene's post match interview with Sarah Brookes

Started by Jack Fulham, December 05, 2013, 06:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callumc513

He really does come across well in interviews.

Sammyffc

Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 05, 2013, 09:38:19 PM
Quote from: EJL on December 05, 2013, 09:26:04 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on December 05, 2013, 08:05:59 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 05, 2013, 07:56:58 PM
Quote from: EJL on December 05, 2013, 07:18:19 PM
Bit off topic, but does anyone else think Sarah Brooke's voice doesn't match her face?

I've always thought that she has an excellent interview voice and technique.  She ain't bad looking, either.

she's looking a little rougher these days.   9739.gif
I bet she reads the forums. Sarah's gonna get you.
Does she....
I think she's lovvverly xxxxx

i think she does check the forum aswell ! very nice lady and is always replying to fans on twitter ! this clubs staff is so accessible to fans its unreal

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Good grief - someone who can speak & communicate in English
Maybe there is a chance the team will understand what the coach wants of them - & even deliver it!
COYW!

JackyFulham90

Very impressed with the interview & am looking forward to Sunday

PokerMatt

This isn't intended to be a dig in any way - the opposite, in fact - but does anyone else get the sense from how he speaks that he's very much a third party who has come to fix our club? In that he's emotionally detached from the situation? Of course he is, but he hasn't come in and started blurting "we this, we that".

To me, that's exactly what is needed. He's in the position where he can make changes with almost a clean slate in terms of not having been invested in the club for too long and not having favourites or the opposite in the dressing room. It's not that he doesn't care - he clearly does - but he seems incredibly sensible and finely tuned to what is required from an outsider's perspective.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

God The Mechanic

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 06, 2013, 01:08:12 AM
This isn't intended to be a dig in any way - the opposite, in fact - but does anyone else get the sense from how he speaks that he's very much a third party who has come to fix our club? In that he's emotionally detached from the situation? Of course he is, but he hasn't come in and started blurting "we this, we that".

To me, that's exactly what is needed. He's in the position where he can make changes with almost a clean slate in terms of not having been invested in the club for too long and not having favourites or the opposite in the dressing room. It's not that he doesn't care - he clearly does - but he seems incredibly sensible and finely tuned to what is required from an outsider's perspective.

Yeah, I noticed him refer to Fulham rather than "we" or "us".  But, equally, coming in and spouting "us" and "we" after 2/3 weeks in the job sounds really disingenuous.  He comes across as rational above all else - knows it's a struggle, but he's hell bent on putting effort into the struggle.

EJL

Pretty sure Rene used both "we" and "Fulham..." when talking about the team. I'd put it down to acclimatisation rather than detachment. I know I'd find it hard to refer to a club as 'we' if a) I don't support that club and b) I had just started managing after 12 years at one of the biggest teams in Europe.

K33NY

Meulensteen deffinetly looks like he talks with his heart in this, and want to work hard to bring us back up!! Now that Jol The Troll is gone you could deffinetly see that the players really where fighting on the pitch!

COYW!! :D

Holders

I thought that he was over-modest in suggesting that he hadn't done anything different - he clearly has. He's got the team playing as just that, a team, defending as a unit and playing good football. Ok, there's a way to go and we need to start putting some points on the board urgently but it's a hell of a good start.

Not only that but he speaks intelligently, perceptively and sensibly in far better (almost perfect) English than rambling Jol.

For a man who's been coach for so long he's just taken a big step towards becoming a good manager.  

This could turn out to be an inspired appointment. Even if we do go down, at least we now have a chance and will be fighting all the way.

As for Berba, Rene said quite clearly that step 1 was for Berba to show what he can do until January. I can't see that a few months would make that much difference to Berba (Jan or summer) and we don't have to let him go then unless it suits us. Now, it might suit us to move him on (financially and FFP-speaking) if we can bring in the right replacement(s) in January but that will be Rene's decision rather than Berba's. He's just playing the situation simply and a step at a time. Now that's good man-management.

I also have no doubt that Rene's making enquiries already so that we can act promptly when the window opens.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

epsomraver

Quote from: RaySmith on December 05, 2013, 10:57:36 PM
As well as being beautiful Sarah Brookes is a very genuine, decent person, who has the best interests of FFC at heart, and works tirelessly promoting the club.

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif Gooner fan for a start

FFCByTheRiver

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Vinnieffc

Quote from: LordNelson on December 06, 2013, 01:48:00 PM
She sounds a bit Bonnie Tyler-esque

That's okay then, 'cos we're holding out for a hero..

Berserker

I'm holding out for 11 other ones as well
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

crazycottager

Mulensteen has just put me onside with him. i thought we would lose 4-0 with Jol in, but a 2-1 loss is more of a good display. also like who he asks for support from us as well. Bring on the Villa!