watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Q&A with Atletico Offside/MadridAtleticos

Started by timmyg, May 12, 2010, 12:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyg

I did a Q&A e-mail exchange with not one but two Atletico bloggers: Al from the Atletico-Offside page and Gary from Madrid Athleticos.

Enjoy: http://fulham.theoffside.com/team-news/atletico-preview.html#more-976
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

White Noise

Nice work Timmy. Thanks for that.

Their defence sounds ideal!! :54:

timmyg

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

ImperialWhite

Very good- but I'm not sure I agree with your explanation of our success in Europe: He took it seriously.

In the early rounds he didn't, and there were some points where we almost slipped up. Ressies in league matches were only from QFs onwards really.

Don't you think that it is a combination of Roy being very tactically aware (compare and contrast our home and away performances, for instance) and exploiting our underdog status?

timmyg

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 12, 2010, 02:45:25 PM
Very good- but I'm not sure I agree with your explanation of our success in Europe: He took it seriously.

In the early rounds he didn't, and there were some points where we almost slipped up. Ressies in league matches were only from QFs onwards really.

Don't you think that it is a combination of Roy being very tactically aware (compare and contrast our home and away performances, for instance) and exploiting our underdog status?

Yes, I do think Roy's acumen and using our status had a huge hand in our current position. But I think that is a result of him taking the competition seriously.

Sure, he did play the reserves in Perm and Sofia, but there were injuries that forced his hand. Plus, many of the players who featured in those two matches would feature in Europe and the league sporadically throughout the season.

Compare it to Villa's and Spurs roster when they exited the competition last year. Have half of those players featured since? Probably not.