watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Schwarzer starting in the Champions' League

Started by Big Martin Jol, December 11, 2013, 08:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Martin Jol

I know he's a divisive figure given his willingness to move to next door's bench, but I'm really pleased to see Schwarzer starting tonight for Chelsea.

Granted it's a dead rubber but given that he's effectively been forced out of the Australian team and he's clearly number two to Cech, this could be one of the last professional games he plays - it's difficult to see him getting any time in anything other than the early stages of the FA Cup.

It would be nice for him to go out with a Champions' League clean sheet.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Nero

his bank account probably looks a bit nicer but he sold his dream of going to the world cup in brazil

whitesdownunder

There really are some bitter and twisted people on here. The guy gives his all for 5 years, gets told he is no longer the no. one keeper and leaves with dignity! Gets offered a contract with Chelsea so he doesn't have to uproot his family and gets to play CL! Good luck to him!! His WC dream was gone irrespective, he was not going to play regularly at Fulham anyway, Chelsea will play probably 20+ more matches that Fulham this year so he has more of a chance of playing at least some football in cups and CL. Good on you Mark, I hope you do well

RidgeRider

Who is bitter and twisted? Not one negative comment in this thread.

K33NY

Cant see any negative comments here :S anyways I wish him the best even when playing for that thing over there... to me he was agreat GK and person after what I have seen and heard!

HatterDon

I want Chelsea to lose every game they play. If my nephew played for them, I'd still root for them to lose every game they play.

Is that negative of me?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jamie88

I find it hard to believe that Fulham fans are that fickle and can hate Mark for moving. As someone else said, he wasn't going to be our number one this season and he was offered a chance to play for a big club and didnt have to relocate. No-brainer for him I guess.

Fernhurst

Whitesdownunder. You might say hello before accusing people of being bitter and twisted!

Welcome to the message board anyway, and lets hope that was a false start.

Mark is held in high esteem by all the fans that I know, great pro who excelled in his time with us often saving us vital points. He did what was the best option for his family but I don't know many that hold it against him.

Clean sheet in the Champions League, does anyone know if he was called into action at all?

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Craven Mad

Great servant to the club, and only left because he wasn't guaranteed playing time.

After the blocked-move to Arsenal, most current players would kick up a fuss to force the transfer - not Mark. Upmost respect for the man; he was probably the second best keeper we've had, and a great influence on the team during his many years here.

It was the right time for him to go, and I'd like to know how many on here would not take a big, fat pay check from another employer, for doing less work??

No hard feelings, and welcome back to the club anytime. Future coaching role, possibly?

Fernhurst

So who was the best keeper then?....

I know .......Dave Underwood ( anyone remember him) brilliant comedian who enjoyed a purple patch of form with us for a while.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 12, 2013, 08:55:40 AM
So who was the best keeper then?....

I know .......Dave Underwood ( anyone remember him) brilliant comedian who enjoyed a purple patch of form with us for a while.

Best keeper - edwin vds

Lighthouse

Always thought VDS should have been better at crosses. Was never as commanding as he should have been. Never warmed to Swart because he was in goal for Middlesboro when we scored and he cleared it from behind the line and knew it but the ref disallowed it. Yes I know stupid of me to hold a grudge but what can I say?

Loved Gerry Peyton and Peter Mellor although doubt they would be called the best. Perry Digweed deserves a mention for the name alone.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

The reason Mark went to Chelsea must have been for the outside chance of playing in the Champions League,guess he has now achieved an ambition.

K33NY

Quote from: HatterDon on December 12, 2013, 03:27:21 AM
I want Chelsea to lose every game they play. If my nephew played for them, I'd still root for them to lose every game they play.

Is that negative of me?

no, you can still wish the team to lose, but I would still hope my nephew did well, 2 different opnions in one time :)

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on December 12, 2013, 03:27:21 AM

Is that negative of me?

Not if your rooting for your nephew to score a brace and John Terry to have 3 own goals.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 12, 2013, 06:13:07 PM
Not if your rooting for your nephew to score a brace and John Terry to have 3 own goals.

There are people who DON'T want Terry to score 3 own goals?