watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Something a bit extra

Started by One Martin Thomas, December 15, 2013, 08:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One Martin Thomas

I went to the match yesterday.  Got my Fulham ticket and went to the match with a couple of Everton fans (work colleagues).

The second half performance was excellent and we did give them a real match.  Rene really got the troops re-focussed after a below par first half.  Despite winning 4 - 1, when asked no one on the Everton Radio station in the car could think of a man of the match and one Evertonian even suggested Karagounis.

The match was there for the taking after the penalty and I am disappointed to get nothing from the match and also disappointed to be so encouraged after conceding 4.  It does show you how poor we have been this year.

We just need that little bit extra to be able to complete attacking moves.  A few times Kaka got in good positions and I found myself screaming for him to cross it or take his man on, but he never did.  The ball goes back to the fullback, back then to the centre half and we lose it.  Frustrating at times and it was not just Kaka who did this.  I do think Rene could make a player out of Kaka and I am glad he has been given a chance because I am slightly on the fence about how good Kaka is / could be.

This was my first Rene match and there is a massive improvement.  A bit more Rene magic in these areas (with a few signings) and we'll be fine.

Burt

The important thing is for the players and staff not to lose heart.

We are clearly a changed side since Rene took over.

And yet the record shows 1 win, 2 losses.

What is encouraging is how we have played during these 3 games. Get the Citeh game out of the way (like yesterday, I have no expectations of picking up too many points from this one!) and we have a potentially season-defining sequence of matches against Norwich (A), Hull (A), West Ham (H), and Sunderland (H). Continue playing like we have since Rene took over and there are points to be had from these 4 games. Two home wins minimum, hopefully pick up one win (or two draws) from the two away games. This will give us real momentum.

COYW!

Fulham76

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 15, 2013, 08:55:06 AM
I went to the match yesterday.  Got my Fulham ticket and went to the match with a couple of Everton fans (work colleagues).

The second half performance was excellent and we did give them a real match.  Rene really got the troops re-focussed after a below par first half.  Despite winning 4 - 1, when asked no one on the Everton Radio station in the car could think of a man of the match and one Evertonian even suggested Karagounis.

The match was there for the taking after the penalty and I am disappointed to get nothing from the match and also disappointed to be so encouraged after conceding 4.  It does show you how poor we have been this year.

We just need that little bit extra to be able to complete attacking moves.  A few times Kaka got in good positions and I found myself screaming for him to cross it or take his man on, but he never did.  The ball goes back to the fullback, back then to the centre half and we lose it.  Frustrating at times and it was not just Kaka who did this.  I do think Rene could make a player out of Kaka and I am glad he has been given a chance because I am slightly on the fence about how good Kaka is / could be.

This was my first Rene match and there is a massive improvement.  A bit more Rene magic in these areas (with a few signings) and we'll be fine.

Out of interest, how many fans did we take? I got talking to a fan of the worlds biggest club last night, (QPR), & he reckons we took less than 200?

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 15, 2013, 09:11:43 AM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 15, 2013, 08:55:06 AM

Out of interest, how many fans did we take? I got talking to a fan of the worlds biggest club last night, (QPR), & he reckons we took less than 200?

Everton fan told me 279 outside the ground and joke if we all went in the same taxi !!!  We should take more after so long in the premiership....

Burt

Not being funny but it's a lot of money (particularly with Xmas around the corner) and a long way to go when you know the chances of getting a result were pretty slim.

Well done and hats off to those who went, but completely understandable for those who chose not to.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Burt on December 15, 2013, 09:26:32 AM
Not being funny but it's a lot of money (particularly with Xmas around the corner) and a long way to go when you know the chances of getting a result were pretty slim.

Well done and hats off to those who went, but completely understandable for those who chose not to.

True and if it was not around Xmas would it have been any more ? 

If we want our performances away to improve we need take more away.  It cannot be very encouraging for our players to see so few.

MrT

I was sitting with my friend in the Everton end trying to look inconspicuous but you could certainly hear the Fulham   fans "I love you Fulham.........." They gave plenty encouragement.  From my perspective we had a great spell at the start of the second half which forced Everton into making a whole series of mistakes with many poor passes. Unfortunately we then seemed to mirror this. 4-1 was a harsh result but as has already been said Everton are a top class side and history was always going to be against us.