more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele subbed after 60minutes...

Started by One Martin Thomas, December 15, 2013, 06:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 17, 2013, 08:23:05 PM
No, he wasn't "rated top 4 USA player".  He was voted fourth best player in the entire Premier league.  http://www.stroock.com/SiteFiles/Pub1053.pdf
Your key argument is not objective in its method.  His goals fit in, but his play didn't, eh?  He was the one player at Fulham asked to play three (or was it four) different field positions.  I call that versatility.  I'd say that's an indication that his play did indeed fit in.  Well, as you say, we'll agree to disagree and move on.  The all time leading goal scorer whose goals fit in, but whose play didn't.  Sigh.

Not sure what the link refers to, it took me to a document entitled:

reits: overview
Micah W. Bloomfield and Mayer
Greenberg, Stroock & Stroock &
Lavan LLP

What is a reit?
A REIT is an entity that satisfies certain US federal income
tax requirements and elects to be taxed as a REIT. The tax
requirements generally are designed to ensure that the REIT:
„ Is a passive investor in real estate (and related assets).
„ Does not retain its earnings.
„ Is beneficially owned by a diversified stockholder base

... and on and on .....

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

True enough.  Grass is not always greener and I think he could have gone to greener grass than Spurs anyway.  But what a Xmas present it would be from Khan !  He'd find his spark again playing for us !
---------------------------------------------------

I don't agree with that.
Earlier in the year I looked over my fence and the guy next doors grass was the same colour green as mine
(VIZ circa 1990's)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

Quote from: Logicalman on December 18, 2013, 12:03:46 AM
I appreciate that AVB is now ex-spuds as well, but if Demps was that much of a success, then I still cannot understand why he left WHL. As for Dembele, great player for us but, perhaps, hasn't fit into the spuds team as well as he did for us, mebbe the AVB replacement will find a better player in him. Personally, I didn't hear of many 'top 4' teams queuing up for either's signature this past transfer window, or likely I could be wrong - and someone here will remind me.

Both players were great for Fulham, and either would walk back into the team if they were to return, but don't get me wrong, that doesn't make either a top class Prem player either, it just makes them valuable to those teams that they fit in to.

More money and a VERY long contract. That's what he was looking for. Both had very good seasons, and Tottenham is filled now with highly expensive attacking mids who can't put the ball in the net. Gee, who could have filled that position for them now?

I don't think Clint minded leaving WHL in the least. He's got the security for himself and his family that he said he's been looking for. With him, Spurs damn near made the Champions League. Without him, they're going to be struggling to get into The Europa.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Logicalman on December 18, 2013, 12:06:22 AM
No, he wasn't "rated top 4 USA player".  He was voted fourth best player in the entire Premier league.  http://www.stroock.com/SiteFiles/Pub1053.pdf
Your key argument is not objective in its method.  His goals fit in, but his play didn't, eh?  He was the one player at Fulham asked to play three (or was it four) different field positions.  I call that versatility.  I'd say that's an indication that his play did indeed fit in.  Well, as you say, we'll agree to disagree and move on.  The all time leading goal scorer whose goals fit in, but whose play didn't.  Sigh.

Not sure what the link refers to, it took me to a document entitled:

reits: overview
Micah W. Bloomfield and Mayer
Greenberg, Stroock & Stroock &
Lavan LLP

What is a reit?
A REIT is an entity that satisfies certain US federal income
tax requirements and elects to be taxed as a REIT. The tax
requirements generally are designed to ensure that the REIT:
„ Is a passive investor in real estate (and related assets).
„ Does not retain its earnings.
„ Is beneficially owned by a diversified stockholder base

... and on and on .....

Did I paste the wrong link?  Too much work going on.  Sorry.  I meant to copy and paste a webpage discussing the English Football Writers' Association voting him fourth best player in the prem, in response to the claim that he isn't/wasn't a top 4 EPL team talent.  I'll try again.  Here's one of several articles mentioning that accolade: http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2012/11/12/lets-face-it-neither-avb-or-dempsey-wanted-each-other-in-the-fir/

As to your point about not hearing of a lot of other teams queuing up for his signature in the past transfer window, I wonder how vindictive MAF had gotten at that point over Clint expressing a desire to leave.  I  think there was miscommunication all around, and some pettiness by those in power: Jol and MAF.     

SKSW6

Quote from: HatterDon on December 18, 2013, 04:04:16 AM
With him, Spurs damn near made the Champions League. Without him, they're going to be struggling to get into The Europa.

Spurs in 2012/13:
Bale - 21 goals, 9 assists
Dempsey - 7 goals, 4 assists

If you had to pin why Spurs aren't doing well this season to the loss of one player, it's hardly Dempsey.

FFC1987

Quote from: SKSW6 on December 18, 2013, 09:32:12 AM
With him, Spurs damn near made the Champions League. Without him, they're going to be struggling to get into The Europa.

Spurs in 2012/13:

If you had to pin why Spurs aren't doing well this season to the loss of one player, it's hardly Dempsey.

Why thank you. Scott Parker was voted best footballer by the journalists one year and I don't consider him a top 4 player. A decent player but not top 4. I stand by my point, Demps has never been a top 4 player and I can't see any teams starting 11 he would have walked into who have finished top 4. He potentially could have been a squad player but thats not an accolade a player like Demps deserves.
Nothing against Demps as I really hope he comes back but sadly he never achieved his dream of playing CL football, he could have if he went abroad like I said at the time he should have.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 18, 2013, 12:57:08 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on December 18, 2013, 09:32:12 AM

Spurs in 2012/13:

Why thank you. Scott Parker was voted best footballer by the journalists one year and I don't consider him a top 4 player. A decent player but not top 4. I stand by my point, Demps has never been a top 4 player and I can't see any teams starting 11 he would have walked into who have finished top 4. He potentially could have been a squad player but thats not an accolade a player like Demps deserves.
Nothing against Demps as I really hope he comes back but sadly he never achieved his dream of playing CL football, he could have if he went abroad like I said at the time he should have.

Fair enough.  I have no acceptable reply to your Parker analogy. 

MasterHaynes

No, he wasn't "rated top 4 USA player".  He was voted fourth best player in the entire Premier league.  http://www.stroock.com/SiteFiles/Pub1053.pdf
Your key argument is not objective in its method.  His goals fit in, but his play didn't, eh?  He was the one player at Fulham asked to play three (or was it four) different field positions.  I call that versatility.  I'd say that's an indication that his play did indeed fit in.  Well, as you say, we'll agree to disagree and move on.  The all time leading goal scorer whose goals fit in, but whose play didn't.  Sigh.
Thanks for the REIT link, might have been a mistake but very interesting and useful   065.gif.

FFC1987

Just watching Dembele now against Spam. Still dictating play, looking brilliant. Just no end product from Spurs whatsoever. The amount of times they have got in behind and the ball into the box found no one, not even key areas being hit from crosses!

Logicalman

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 18, 2013, 08:32:59 PM
Just watching Dembele now against Spam. Still dictating play, looking brilliant. Just no end product from Spurs whatsoever. The amount of times they have got in behind and the ball into the box found no one, not even key areas being hit from crosses!

Totally agree, the guy is just still a great player. He would have been better for us than he is being for Spuds but that's the way it goes.

Demps left for money and a long contract, I agree, but some people seem to believe he is/was much better than he actually proved to be. My point about not seeing any top 4 clubs queuing up for his signature was this past window, had he really been THAT great a prem player, then one of those teams would have offered him at least a 3 year contract, with the appropriate compensation. As I mentioned before also, like Dembele, if he'd stayed at Fulham, he would have shone a lot better, we don't have the quality of players as Spuds do, instead he chose to play second fiddle to Bale, a gross mistake for such a player with the ambition he possessed.

I wish Demps all the luck in the MLS, but as his National team coach also nodded a wink to, he needs to keep his standards higher than, perhaps the MLS may assist him with if he wants to help the USMNT come next years finals.

HatterDon

Yep, all that attacking talent and nobody's doing the runs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFC1987

Quote from: HatterDon on December 19, 2013, 12:21:04 AM

Yep, all that attacking talent and nobody's doing the runs.

Seeing some of the highlights again, it looks like a mixture of no threatening runs fron Adebayor/Defoe but also, the calibre of cross from the lieks of Rose/Sigardson/Townsend and Lennon were particually poor considering how many times they got in behind!