watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm looking forward to January

Started by FPT, December 15, 2013, 08:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

The trio of Rene Meulensteen, Alistair MacIntosh and Big Daddy Shahid all know the cost of relegation is more than maybe £10m-£15m in January. We need a youthful energy to help the players raise their games even further, much like Mesut Ozil for Arsenal. Our midfield is looking terrifically organised but is also terribly old. I know we have the likes of Pajtim Kasami and Alex Kacaniklic but a 26 year old version of Giorgos Karagounis would increase our hopes of safety fourfold.

Although, I'm not looking forward to the possibility of losing Dimitar Berbatov, I am looking forward to rejuvenation, we've been linked with Balazs Dzsudzsak (and yes, I did copy and paste), as well moves for Anderson and Clint Dempsey.

Also, it will be interesting to see if Bryan Ruiz is sold to raise funds; Ruiz has played about 5 minutes in Meulensteen's 3 games. Also, rumoured is that Taarabt loan may be cancelled in January, and Boateng will be loaned out for first team football. It certainly sounds as though we're making room and finances available.

Also, after City at home (which we MAY even get a point from), we have probably our "easiest" run of the season, until April onwards, if we can get some momentum, confidence and couple of fresh faces, we *could* drag ourselves always from death and into a fruitful summer transfer window and 2014/15.

Next six fixtures:

Manchester City - Home
Norwich City - Away
Hull City - Away
West Ham - Home
Norwich - Away (FA Cup)
Sunderland - Home

millsy

Just watched the full 90 mins of yesterday and despite the continued overall improvement, I still feel Berba is the wrong man, in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

He gets caught offside repeatedly, just through carelessness and his example to the youngsters around him is deplorable. His little flicks are great when they come off but when they don't he just stands still and allows the play to move away from him.

I want a younger, creative midfielder and some energy up front.

By the way, why do we let our keeper keep making long punts upfield, which only give away possession, as we have no strength in our ariel challenges.

Generally our game is so much improved and its clear that the team are instructed to close down more quickly. We now appear to have a gameplan and some belief in ourselves. If only we can get in some more youth, to give us balance, I feel we can really make some real, tangible progress.

Its a shame we've got high flying city next week but if we throw ourselves at the task, who knows what we might be able to achieve. No point going down meekly and trying to contain the shoreline. Fingers crossed for a cracking game and 100% effort!

somerset cockernee

The Rock

Well Rene is confident, and that tells me he's getting some funds. Even if he fails and had no money, he has revitalsed the side. We were pretty poor when he took over. Obviously he knew there would be something to build on, and translating that to the team is evident.

We need competition for places. Richardson must be on garden leave by now. Surely we can find a few defenders. Is Hangeland done forever?

It won't take much. The teams around us crap. We are much better quality, but on paper only at the present time.

I have a much better feeling about us staying up vs when Sanchez was replaced by Hodgson. Jan 1st can't come soon enuf.

RidgeRider

Quote from: The Rock on December 16, 2013, 12:22:02 AM
Well Rene is confident, and that tells me he's getting some funds. Even if he fails and had no money, he has revitalsed the side. We were pretty poor when he took over. Obviously he knew there would be something to build on, and translating that to the team is evident.

We need competition for places. Richardson must be on garden leave by now. Surely we can find a few defenders. Is Hangeland done forever?

It won't take much. The teams around us crap. We are much better quality, but on paper only at the present time.

I have a much better feeling about us staying up vs when Sanchez was replaced by Hodgson. Jan 1st can't come soon enuf.

Fully agree  :plus one:

fulham traveller

hull and Norwich away wont be easy, ask liverpool

MrProphet

Yeah I agree Rene wouldn't have taken the job without assurances on being able to bring some players in, you could tell that from his first interviews

I would imagine that the first half of the season has suitably scared Khan. Going down would destroy his investment. Much better to spend 30 million now then risk losing 100+ million for going down and getting back up