watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Offal - Rene pre match blurb

Started by Lighthouse, December 20, 2013, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Head Coach René Meulensteen has confirmed that Clint Dempsey is close to sealing a return to Fulham.

The American spent five-and-a-half years at Craven Cottage before moving to Tottenham Hotspur in the summer of 2012 but is set to head back to SW6 on a short-term loan from Seattle Sounders who are currently in their off-season.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Friday, Meulensteen said: "He's having a medical and we're looking into that. It would be a real boost for us. Hopefully that will all work out.

"Clint spent so many years playing in the Premier League and we all know where his strengths are. He can come in from the left or play as a second striker depending on who you're playing against. It speaks volumes for him that he wants to come back here. Initially it's for January and February."

Asked if a deal for Dempsey could signal the arrival of several signings as Fulham look to move out of the bottom three places in the league, Meulensteen responded: "I don't think it's a question of how many in numbers. We know that if we need support from the Owner to boost our chances, then that support will come.

"The players here are as good as gold. It's a good squad with a lot of experience. The players are aware of the situation we're in and how we can get out of it. They've been very supportive to me and I couldn't ask for anything more.

"The only disappointment in the three games I've been in charge of is that we've only picked up three points when we could have had five or six. Other than that the players have been fantastic. They've started to buy into the way I want to play the game."

Dimitar Berbatov has been back to his flamboyant best since Meulensteen took over First Team affairs and the Dutchman stated: "I've had a chat with him and I know he's committed to this Club and the games we have in front of us. Looking at the performances he's been excellent for us."

Manchester City arrive at the Cottage on Saturday (3pm) fresh off the back of a 6-3 thumping of title rivals Arsenal last weekend and Meulensteen knows it will be a tough test for the Whites.

He added: "City will be strongly pushing for the title. It's going to be tight with them and Chelsea if you ask me. They're a great club with great players and we have to test ourselves. We'll do our upmost to get something out of it.

"I've had a full squad to train with. Hugo Rodallega is back in the squad and just needs a bit of sharpening up as he's been out for a while."

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

ToodlesMcToot

I'd imagine the Don is upset that Dempsey is coming back.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude