more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referees are too influencial

Started by Nick Bateman, December 21, 2013, 06:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on December 22, 2013, 05:02:14 PM
Ok, but can someone PLEASE advise whether one is allowed to take a direct free kick from a different spot to where the "foul" took place?
Nogood "looking for influents, isit" Boyo

Yes and No.

FIFA Laws of the Game:

Free kick outside the penalty area

1. all opponents must be at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball until it is in play

2. the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves

3. the free kick is taken from the place where the infringement occurred or from the position of the ball when the infringement occurred (according to the infringement)
Infringements and sanctions

From my memory of the foul and subsequent free kick in question, and from my interpretation of the rule, the Fifa regulations were broken in favor of Man City. The free kick, whether or not one believes the placement should have been at the spot of the foul or of the ball at the time of the foul, was placed at least a yard or two behind both the ball and the player.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: nose on December 23, 2013, 01:57:18 PM
Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on December 22, 2013, 10:51:00 PM
For all those that believe there are inequitable decisions and blatant favoritism by referees, doesn't this somehow relate to the cheating and match fixing in Italy?  Maybe one seems worse than the other, but the end results aren't that much different.

There is no doubt there are two issues.
1. Is the genuine 'foul play' in theat the referees are got at?
2. Do referees favour certain teams?

In answer to item 1. it has long since been my belief that whilst I do not think referees necessarily take back handers there is definitely something very wrong with they way games are officiated. Jeff wintwer was certainly less than honest in his refereeing of certain games. Graham Poll hated fulham and the facilities at craven cottage and wantyed us relegated, and when i saw him ref our games i certainly felt we were not having anything other than a 12th man for the opposition. Mr halsey should not have been allowed anywhere near cravebn cottage or fulham, he was just totally dishonest in his dealings and I cite the cole penalty incident when after talki8ng to the arsenal players right next to wenger he 'changed his mind!' The bloke was a complete disgrace!

Regarding point 2. I do not think premiership referees are even handed at all. Some are poor and are poor for both teams but some clearly favour the big clubs. I went to old trafford sop often and no doubt it's 12 V 11 nearly every time. Mr oliver not thinking a challenge through murf's legs was a penalty, in the same way frioend with silva going through adele...and for sure at the other end it would be a free kick or penalty. The referees are clearly leaned on/influenced/blind/ and favour the larger clubs every single time.  And to prove akll is not well, the loathsome mike riley is in charge! Mike riley who i wouldn't ask to mind my ike outside the post office because i so doubt his integrity.

By the way these are my personal opinions based purely on what I have observed with my eyes.

I can cope with poor referees, but halsey, d'urso riley winter poll. ..oliver... and others i have probably forgotten... none of them are trustworthy....  if my life had of depended on a fair descision from any of them I would be a goner by now.

This is why all those that think the Italian game is so despicable compared to the honourable English game may not be totally honest with themselves.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III