watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Injured Berbatov?

Started by Kentish Gent, December 21, 2013, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentish Gent

Given that RM said there were no injury problems prior to the game, am I being paranoid in thinking there's something suspicious about Berbatov's non-appearance? Anybody see him heading for the exit?

Count Berbatov

Injured

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Kentish Gent on December 21, 2013, 05:38:50 PM
Given that RM said there were no injury problems prior to the game, am I being paranoid in thinking there's something suspicious about Berbatov's non-appearance? Anybody see him heading for the exit?

Could well be. Could well be that he's just injured.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Riversider

I've got this gut feeling that he , along with Kaca was being saved for the season defining game at Norwich on Boxing Day, lose that and we will be 9 points behind them !

filham

Could be that he is being parcelled up in brown paper and cotton wool to preserve him over Christmas ready for a pre agreed window move, we have seen it before. Remember the Jimmy Bullard move.

LBNo11

...we seemed to play rather well nevertheless...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SP

Said on the radio he picked up an injury in training.

Berserker

I think it looks like he is being kept injury free to go
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

One Martin Thomas

Getting seriously bored with Berbatov now.  His expression scoring against Palace showed me he either cares about our cause or he simply wants to win.  Away to Everton was not so good from Berbatov.  Are we better off with or without him ?  I have my opinion, but I'll leave it up to Rene !

terryr

no announcement he was injured....it feels like a deal is in the works. He was brilliant the last three games but we did well without him today.
Lets get money for him and spend wisely......

Victor Meldrew

Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen revealed that Dimitar Berbatov suffered a groin problem on Friday so, with the busy festive schedule in mind, decided not to risk him for the 4-2 defeat to Manchester City.

The Whites clambered from 2-0 down to draw level as Kieran Richardson scored before a bizarre own goal from Vincent Kompany, who sliced what should have been a routine clearance up and over Joe Hart.

But City replied with late goals from substitutes Jesus Navas and James Milner to take the win.

On the Bulgarian striker's absence, Meulensteen said: "Unfortunately he kicked a ball wrongly in training which aggravated something in his groin as far as I'm aware.

"So we had a good look at it, we assessed him, and actually assessed him this morning as well.

"And unfortunately he was too big of a risk. With all the games coming up I didn't want to take the risk of having to start Berbatov in that position and maybe him have to come off and then you lose him for the other games."

Meulensteen said Fulham continued their trend of praiseworthy hard graft without reward.

He said: "It's the same story as the Spurs and Everton games.

"The goals that we concede, from set plays, it's not good enough defending, especially the one just before half time.

"I was hoping the experience would kick in a bit from some of these players, to steady the ship."

RaySmith

I think we missed him today - if he played like he has been playing.

Taraabt did very well, and think a role should be found for him, but we missed Berba's touch in front of goal.

We've also got Bent, whom I feel still has potential if he can get a run, and a role found, in the team, and it's very frustrating to have so much attacking talent, and not be scoring more goals.

Though, at the moment our main problem seems to be conceding them.

I think Berba was genuinely injured today - but maybe only a slight knock and RM is safeguarding him for the Christmas games.

ffc73

If reports now circulating that he was injured it was the right decision to not risk him today and try to get him fit for the next 4 league games

Also.  Why announce that he is carrying a knock and doubtful and pre-warn the opposition of a potential tactical change in his absence?  Broken leg or long term absentee fine but 50:50 knocks keep it to yourself