watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Tale of 2 tables

Started by The Rock, December 26, 2013, 05:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

So we are 5 points off of 10th place. Stoke in 10th is 5 points above relegation. The table looks a LOT more interesting and much better for us. Everyone has a chance.

The top 9 teams are a class above though.

Fulham Tup North

You are spot on.  Stoke have 21 points and are only 5 away from us.  From stoke down it is any 3 from 11 teams by the looks of it.
Now we need another gutsy performance against Hull.
COYW  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 26, 2013, 05:46:10 PM
You are spot on.  Stoke have 21 points and are only 5 away from us.  From stoke down it is any 3 from 11 teams by the looks of it.
Now we need another gutsy performance against Hull.
COYW  :)

Spot on, a poor performance could see us bottom if results go against us again. West Ham have West Brom at Home, Sunderland are away to Cardiff, so it's important we keep up the tempo. I'd say no less than a point at Hull will set us up nicely. Palace have free scoring Man City, so hopefully they can give their goal difference a good hammering.   

Holders

Everyone around us is taking points from each other - look at Palace today. We need to keep doing what we are and we'll be ok.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

PokerMatt

I'd be more concerned right now being a fan of Villa or Cardiff. They're in free-fall while the teams below them (apart from West Ham) started their fight against the drop already.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Furby

Yeah our performance wasn't the greatest today, but what a 3 points to get. I still think Cardiff and Norwich will be the ones dragged into the bottom 3 pretty soon and likely to to stay there for the remainder.

Come on you super whites. Stand up if you still believe.  049:gif

The Rock

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 26, 2013, 06:43:10 PM
I'd be more concerned right now being a fan of Villa or Cardiff. They're in free-fall while the teams below them (apart from West Ham) started their fight against the drop already.

Or West Brom. I think we are top 3 of those 11 teams, not bottom 3 and underperformed greatly before Rene arrived. With a few January signings we can finish as many predicted we would have, around 12th.

Holders

As Bill Dodgin once said "keep doing the right thing and the results will come".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Southcoastffc

I agree.  Villa have long been my 'dark horse' bet for relegation.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 26, 2013, 09:58:04 PM
I agree.  Villa have long been my 'dark horse' bet for relegation.

still get a big 5 to 1 on that with the bookies

Burt

Very tight and no team seems ready to be cut adrift yet. It's going to be a nail biter right to the end...

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: The Rock on December 26, 2013, 05:31:07 PM
So we are 5 points off of 10th place. Stoke in 10th is 5 points above relegation. The table looks a LOT more interesting and much better for us. Everyone has a chance.

The top 9 teams are a class above though.

Agreed.  Key was to ensure Stoke did not get too far away.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: The Rock on December 26, 2013, 07:26:59 PM

Or West Brom. I think we are top 3 of those 11 teams, not bottom 3 and underperformed greatly before Rene arrived. With a few January signings we can finish as many predicted we would have, around 12th.

Agreed.
I still have my 7-1 bet on WBA for relegation. They are in trouble.

I've said for a long time, IMO there are a lot of poorer teams than us.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

alfie

Quote from: Holders on December 26, 2013, 08:35:37 PM
As Bill Dodgin once said "keep doing the right thing and the results will come".

Unfortunately that also applies to the clubs around us.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't