Main Menu

Next 4 games make or break....easy games?..merged

Started by Army Bloke, December 22, 2013, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 23, 2013, 11:31:58 AM
Quote from: Julius Geezer on December 23, 2013, 11:18:16 AM
Quote from: SP on December 22, 2013, 03:36:24 PM
I can't see any reason to believe we will win at Norwich.
One reason is the way we have been playing under Rene - organised, committed, positive, disciplined.

True, but we are still giving away goals early / late in games, especially from set pieces, and stupid defensive errors. These have only been papered over due to us playing against top 6 opposition. It's all fair and well calling these 'easier' games, but if we go to Norwich / Hull with all the huff and puff and do exactly the same against sides like this, we will lose. Sorry to sound 'negative' again, but that's the cold hard truth.    
I would rather we made the odd defensive error as opposed to the whole team lacking cohesion I.E. Jol's era.

We are desperately missing Hangeland though.

Once he's fit, the defence will be re-inforced.

I agree, being 'unlucky' doesn't win you football matches. But we have been, and against good opposition.

There's every reason to be positive coming into the next 4 games.

If we don't collect points in those games, then there will be nowhere to hide and no excuses to be made.

MOR :

As I said in another thread...

Norwich (a) 0
Hull (a) 0
West Ham (h) 0
Sunderland (h) 3
Arsenal (a) 0
Swansea (a) 0

I honestly hope I'm so wide of the mark with my predictions...but our away form is still pants, and I think West Ham have the "Hex" over us. However I am a Fulham Pessimistic and tend to see the worst aspect of all things Fulham.

But I love being proved wrong.

COYW

Please prove me wrong Fulham...

Lighthouse

The problem over this period is fitness and injury to our load of old lads. I am not counting on us gaining points but hope we can pull off a few decent results. We need to keep in touch and hope January brings in a few decent defenders and forwards. Too early for must win but too late for any game being easy.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Army Bloke

Ever the optimist me - kind of glass is half full kind if chap. At least we're not playing Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and Utd now they've bit some form - maybe I should have used the word easIER as has been pointed out but I feel a bit more confident we can take more points from our ACTUAL opponents rather than the 4 teams I said we could be playing. Anyway, it's gonna be the easiest rune since Rene took over - on paper anyway.
Pity about Senderos as he's one of the players that's really pulled his socks up since the new manager took over...

MiltonBurrows

These fixtures over christmas are definitely make or break for us to see whether we have the spirit and quality to get out of this battle. Norwich, Hull, West Ham and Sunderland. We HAVE to get points out of these games or it really is starting to look bleak. 9 points would be a cracking christmas from the lads! COYW!
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Ichabod Magoo

If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

hovewhite

I would settle for minimum of 7 as the 2 home gams have to be maximum pionts against teams who haven't got the same ability as us.

OdecaMynoT

By the end of the year we will have played half of this seasons premiership games.

If the points threshold is 40pts that means over the next 21 games we have to cobble together 27pts,the equivalent of 9 wins.

On current form that goal is way beyond achievement.( 8 defeats from our last 9)

Our goal difference doesn't lie either. The 3 teams with the worse goal difference are in the bottom 3.

Nothing short of a miracle is going to turn this situation around.(Another one)

Being a Fulham fan comes with the shadow of pessimism never far away. This season the shadow seems to be overbearing.

I can only hope I'm wrong. :merry christmas:
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Victor Meldrew

IF we pick up a minimum of 7 points from the next 4 games, that will leave us on 20pts. Therefor, if the threshold is 40pts like you say, which I don't think it will be this season, then we have 17 games to pick up the remaining 20pts needed, 7 wins or 5 wins and a few draws. Looking at our remaining fixtures, I'd say it's not a miracle, but very doable IF we keep up our current form and do good business in January.

However, the next 4 games are very, very important and anything less than a draw at Norwich tomorrow will not be good.

Artful Dodger

Tomorrow is a must not lose game. We have to start turning defeats in to draws and then start winning at home. COYW!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

JackyFulham90

If we get 7 from the next 4 & get to 20 points from 21 games we will have half a chance to stay up

Lighthouse

We all know how important they are. But I still think it is too early to start talking about make or break fixtures.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JackyFulham90

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 22, 2013, 07:17:56 PM
None of these games are easy no game is easy but we have the quality to pick up points, I see us getting 8 maybe 10

Norwich 1-2 Fulham
Hull 1-1 Fulham
Fulham 2-2 West Ham
Fulham 2-0 Sunderland 

My prediction came in for today, I will be happy with a point at Hull Saturday

MayoDomo

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 27, 2013, 12:38:45 AM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 22, 2013, 07:17:56 PM
None of these games are easy no game is easy but we have the quality to pick up points, I see us getting 8 maybe 10

Norwich 1-2 Fulham
Hull 1-1 Fulham
Fulham 2-2 West Ham
Fulham 2-0 Sunderland 

My prediction came in for today, I will be happy with a point at Hull Saturday

Here's to you being right yesterday and wrong tomorrow.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Forever Fulham

Look who beat Everton.  There are no easy games. This is a weird season, points wise.  So much bunching within the top 8, and also within the bottom 8.  If Berbatov is leaving, and if Jol knew as much, he wouldn't play him.  I think he's stubborn stupid that way.  One can only hope that Rene will play him until the day he leaves, encouraging him to stay, demonstrating the difference in play with each passing game.  The ace in the hole remains London itself.   

Skatzoffc

My working out had it as 41 points achievable before the Villa win. After that it was a possible 44. Very achievable with our current form.
The win against Norwich was massive considering the enforced changes. I could see us take Hull away and then win both the home games with the impetus we have. I'd like 16 from 16 (including Norwich) and think that's poss if we continue with this great spirit. Prob be 13 from 16 tho.
We have a hard run following these games but we could be out of danger and lessen the pressure on ourselves with these points. As I've said before, the other teams worse than us are battling but they will falter soon as injuries and deficient squads come into play IMO.

Let's get behind them.
COYW!

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

RoyTund

I wanted a minimum of 8 from the possible 12 pts available over these 4 games, now upping to 9 from the possible 12 even if this means giving 3 points to a relegation rival. If we get 9+ from these games, with momentum and increased confidence, I really think we will be fine. 

Important to rediscover the home form that has established us in this league over the past 12 seasons in the games vs Wet Spam and Sunderland; looking at the fixtures, especially the home games during the run in, it will be crucial. 

Early days but at least the club got rid of Jol when they had a plan of who will take over, unlike WBA, Cardiff, Spurs etc.  Hopefully this will pay off.