more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Man City

Started by terryr, December 20, 2013, 04:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Fairly predictable but interesting enough

"Since Jol got the chop they've looked a much better team and the 4-1 defeat they suffered at Everton last weekend flattered the blue Scouse. Apart from that sublime 4-1 under RM we also never seem to look overly comfortable there.

Saying all that, if we are going to win the title this is the kind of game we need to be putting away. I think we will but it'll be the usual tight 2-1, Dzeko like last season to feature amongst the goals I reckon."
Every Fulham attack is going to be attempting to exploit our right hand side, the fact Boyata is naturally a CB might help us though. He'll sit back and if Fulham resort, like most teams have, to punting high balls towards our defense having Boyata there might actually help us. I know it's a long shot but silver linings and all that
I think Pellegrini is the kinda of manager who'll prefer to be so good up front that Fulham won't actually have chance to exploit that area, and we are the best in England at doing that so happy days"

"Agree in essence, but that has not always worked in the league away from home. We'll just have to take our chances when the come."

"100% this will be the side

...........................Pants..................

Milner..............Komp...............Demi.........................Clichy

.....................Yaya................Fern.......................

Navas......................Silva.....................................Nasri

..............................Negredo......................."

"I'd prefer Kolarov at left back, Fulham aren't exactly going to look to attack us much so the onus will be on us to break them down. Kolarov's much more useful in this aspect than Clichy."

"Cant beleive theres people saying dzeko should start, scored two goals but his link up play and touch were still shocking and you would expect at £28 million striker to score against a championship side"

"Tell that to Chelsea.

Fulham aren't playing any better than Leicester at the moment."

"Would be a great time to give them a home-esque hammering for the scoreline. About the only thing keeping everyone else's hopes alive that we won't destroy the league is our away form (which is improving, but it will take a few results for the press to catch on), and injuries."

"Fullham will have no chance.

At 60 min sub Kolarov for Jovetic and SIlva for Navas. If needed you can bring Negredo in."

"Lose or draw this supposedly ( on paper ) easier type of game then forget the league ."

"If we want to win the Premier League this has got to be a must win game. We can't afford to lose this 1 or even draw, so we need to play a strongest team possible baring in mind that the next game will be against Liverpool at home, which will be our hardest game of the season so far."

"True. It's a very competitive league this year. For example if you assume 85 points could win it (which historically is a low figure), that for us would mean 17 wins 2 draws and three defeats as one scenario i.e. there is little margin for error from now on."

"Very confident for this game 3-1 win we have been on an upward curve regarding our away form"

"caution could be our undoing
they leak two a game on average so lets rip them a new one
attacking line up and get at them
yes they might score one but we could score a bucket full"

"We need to batter them. I'm going with my neighbour who is a Fulham fan. They are shitting it and think we may get into double figures. I hope we aren't too complacent"

"Couldn't agree more, they will give up if we start tanning their arses, so lets get stuck into em at the first bell.!!"

"No need to worry about Fulham too much in terms of who they put out, play the same team as we had second half v Arsenal but with Boyata at right back and smash them! Quite a narrow pitch at the Cottage, or at least it seems that way, yaya and fernandinho in the middle and Milner, Silva, Nasri behind Dzeko or Negredo."

"I would take a stuffy 1-0 or 2-1 win , we need to keep pressure on gooners and the bindippers"

"Without our leading goal scorer by some way and our two leading goal assists for 6-8 weeks are huge holes to fill for sure.
In saying that Fulham have dropped 17 points from a possible 24 at home and provided we maintain the form and level of intensity in our past few matches we should be ok.
7 wins and a draw going into this game even without 2 of our most important players should give the players the confidence to get the three points."

"Given our injury problems, a nice, comfortable (aka boring) 2-0 win will do for me."

"The only time I went to Fulham we lost 5-1 and the City crowd ended up watching some amateur game behind the ground that you could see from the stand.
I think we will win this one, but perhaps a closer game than might be expected, 2-1."

"As always.. i feel confident that we can score a goal, maybe 2..  maybe 5... 
but can we get through 90 minutes without a silly mistake or a moment of lost concentration?  i'm not sure.." 

"I'm going but not allowed any beer, any other Bluewatchers going?"

"whats the point of that?   LOL"

"Dentist says if I drink one beer will be violently ill due to medication I'm on for infection in my tooth.

Been going to City for over 30 years and first time without any drink - not looking forward to it sometimes it was all I had to get me through the bad times"

"and you trust him?  I think he's lying to you"

"Fulham fans confident of at least a draw in this. Lol "

"I have a customer who is a season ticket holder at Fulham. He has stopped going because they are so poo. He reckons they are the worst team in the Prem. I have a horrible Sunderland / Cardiff feeling about this game. "

"I dunno, I feel positive about this one. Sunderland are our bogey team away and Cardiff are incredible in the big matches at home to be fair to them"

Victor Meldrew

"Fulham fans confident of at least a draw in this. Lol "

Looks like City have picked up some new found idiots along with their wealth.

There's being confident, but there's also being damn right disrespectful to those around you.

For that, I really hope we hold them to a draw  092.gif

Deanothefulhamfan

I am one of those who fancy is to get a draw...

This is going to be a tough game for city without Aguero and Zabaleta.... Berbatov will love playing against their awful defence.

Thanks as always Terry

Northern Cottager

Bunch of over confident arsewipes. Hope they get pipped to the title and win naff all after having their pants pulled down by Barcelona.

Burt

Nothing in there you can really argue against...

They are one of the form teams, and even though they have some key absences they are still stronger on paper and carry the greater threat. Interesting that some of them do feel that this could be a banana skin fixture for them though, as I would be amazed if we won and would be more than happy with a point.

The key thing for me is to see us maintain RMs style of play, whatever the result, because if this continues then our next bunch of fixtures are the ones we can realistically expect to pick up some points from.

Thanks Terry for pulling together some of the comments.

RaySmith

Thanks Terry for your  work in this.

Agree Burt - this will be a hard match to get something from - hopefully we might have a bit of luck his time, an own goal or a deflection or something -

but the performance is the important thing, that we continue as we have been under RM - though sooner or later we need to start picking up some points.

HatterDon

I remember when I had a sort of soft spot for City. A family-oriented club overshadowed by a big-moneyed media hog of a neighbor. But those days are gone.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

They have the tackiest kit in the league.
Nogood "like a bad Willie Nelson song, isit" Boyo

HatterDon

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on December 22, 2013, 03:48:29 AM
They have the tackiest kit in the league.
Nogood "like a bad Willie Nelson song, isit" Boyo

There's no such thing.

Hatter "should have said 'thang'" Don
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

Personal view and all that, HD,  but I always thought Willie singing "Blue Sky" like a Las Vegas lounge-lizard was as close to tacky as the City kit.  But he has produced some lovely little ditties over the years.  And that team yesterday did look as if they could score at will even with our men playing so well.  Different league unfortunately.
Nogood "what use is Blue Sky in a Welsh winter, isit" Boyo